Treasure Hunter
7190 posts

Re: PS Plus Update Discussion 6/4

Jun 3, 2013
Awesome month to look forward to! This is why I love PS+, I get to play games I never thought I would even try, and a lot have become good games in my book, especially Sleeping Dogs. I really look forward to playing most, if not all, of the offerings this month!
Message 21 of 83 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 3, 2013

Woot, keep this up 4-7 months down the line and I'll dance a little jig. I've already played both Deus EX and SR3 but I'll definitely recommend both to others, though both have their problems. REALLY happy about Virtue's Last Reward. Its a title I've been putting off purchasing for various reasons but has been high on my interest list whenever I remember its name. Also REALLY happy about LBP2, Infamous 2, and R&C leaving the IGC. They are all great games but its been long overdue. Really curious as to what they are going to be replaced with though. Oh and Machinarium should be good, though I thought it already came to Plus before

After 40k Space Marine, I find it hard to look or play any game with a large amount of Orcs, it just instantly annoys me Smiley Frustrated

One more week, just one more week....

Message 22 of 83 (329 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 3, 2013
Message 23 of 83 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15719 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Orcawhack? Really? I'll have to look into that one. The free games are nice though. I'm hoping that Sony will have better selection during E3. Because they usually do. 

Multisystem owner. PlayStation owner since 2000. Inaugural PS Plus member:Legendary status. Former PS forum MVP with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 24 of 83 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2547 posts

Jun 3, 2013

I'm not really intrested in the revealed titles so far (I already own Machinarium) other than Orc Attack. It looks like a pretty fun beat-em-up game. Trailer below:

photo IMG_0586_zps94omlljp.jpg
Message 25 of 83 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10644 posts

Jun 3, 2013
Very nice. Exited to try machinarium. I need to resubscribe soon.
Message 26 of 83 (301 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
822 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 3, 2013

Looks like a great month. I doubt Saints Row 3 is a permanent replacement for one of the flagship games of LBP2, Infamous 2, and R&C All4One. We normally get 3 ps3/psn games a month regularly and so far we have exactly 3. I would say that we are getting 3 new unrevealed games next week for E3 as replacement ones. Hopefully they are good ones. PSASBR, LBP Karting, and Uncharted 3 makes sense to me. 

Message 27 of 83 (295 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7074 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Well now it was completely pointless for me to buy Deus Ex Smiley Tongue.  I picked it up quite a while ago and still haven't touched it.  I also have Machinarium on PC, but it's still looking like a pretty good month for me.

Message 28 of 83 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 3, 2013

Nothing of note for myself this month as I already own Deus Ex (w/ dlcs) & Saints Row (w/ dlcs), and Machinarium on PC (gotta love PC rock bottom price deals) and Zero Escape on 3DS after giving my Vita version to a friend who only has a Vita (I like having 2nd screen to write notes and not impede gameplay).  That being said this is still a fantastic lineup for June PS+ members it's just too bad it won't be worth it for me this month.  Ah well no worries.

Message 29 of 83 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Jun 3, 2013

CRO_NOSM1-BUBA wrote:
Awesome update, will try all 5 (is orc attack a sort of rpg?). The Hard drive is suffering though.

Orc Attack is a co-op brawler. I'm looking forward to it because I actually spotlighted it in my weekly column on Steam Greenlight games back in December!

Also looking forward to (eventually) trying out VLR, as I've heard great things about it, but it's not the type of game I'd ever consider buying. Quasi-RPG interactive fiction? Hey, free is free!

And enough with the "not another shooter" complaints....DE:HR is NOT a pure shooter, it's an RPG shooter, heavy on the RPG. Many people have been harping for an RPG and shooters are the most popular genre (sorry, but they are), so IMO, Sony gave a great compromise to satisfy both sides - though again, I think there's actually more to like for an RPG fan than shooter fan. Give it a try, what do you have to lose?

SR3 is a great addition with SR4 on the horizon. In addition, if it's just the base game without the DLC, people may be encouraged to actually spend a little money on the game, which is always an incentive for devs/pubs to have their games as IGC.

Message 30 of 83 (281 Views)
0 Likes