Aug 25 2010
By: BRIT-KO Shinra Executive 33329 posts

PS Plus Store Update 24th August 2010 - My Thoughts.

13 replies 34 views Edited Aug 25, 2010

Hi fellow Plusers, just some thoughts on yesterdays (24th Aug 2010) Update for us Plus Subscribers.

New Stuff - Terrover Demo - not my kind of thing, won't be downloading this one - already offered as part of Qore too.

- Mushroom wars originally $9.99 but free to us, again not my type of thing, I hate these tower based type games.

- 2Xtreme originally $5.99 but free to us, yet another game I won't be downloading, & its 3 years old!

- VEMPIRE originally $2.99 but free (yippee) for us Plus Subscribers, $2.99 come on Sony you can do better than that surely!

- Soldner Series of games - Demo I watched was awful & blurred, yet again I won't be downloading this one either.

- Playstation Plus Protection - usually $59.99 now $44.99 to Plus Subscribers, finally something I wanted from this weeks update!

No Dynamic Themes still, come on Sony where are they?, you promised them to us, Monthly!

Now before I am accused of making a 'I hate Plus' Thread to go with all the others out there those of you that know me will know I'm not like that,. I just wanted to give my thoughts on yesterday's update for Plus Subscribers thats all, some will agree & some won't, thats fine, thats what these Forums are for anyway.

Am I still a happy Plus Subscriber, yes I am, will there be months when the offerings won't be to my / our liking yes, will they be games we already own perhaps, yes again, I accept this, but lately, well, I've just not been that impressed sorry & as some of you will know I have become a little disenchanted with some of the latest Plus content from Sony, the one shining light in this weeks update for me was the Protection Plan discount, good job Sony, we need more 'Exclusives' like this, however a short while ago you gave us HVB, now where's the free add-ons?, there seems to be no 'flow; of games / content, know what I mean?

Okay folks its your turn to give me your thoughts on yesterdays Plus update, give it to me, knock yourselves out .

Message 1 of 14 (34 Views)
Splicer
76 posts

Re: PS Plus Store Update 24th August 2010 - My Thoughts.

Aug 25, 2010

I totally agree with you, man, except if you like shooters you need to get Soldner X!! I personally like it a lot.

This PS+ thing is taking off pretty slowly, I was hoping I would see double the content by now. Also, if you can use your psn account on both you PS3 and PSP then why Sony doesn't release content for the latter on Plus, too? I really don't think we're getting that much value for Plus so far, and that's something Sony has always claimed to offer: VALUE.

Sony, "step your game up."

My youtube channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/th3d4v1d14n?feature=mhsn
Message 2 of 14 (34 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4785 posts

Aug 25, 2010

Agree with you BRIT and we're missing dynamic themes/avatars/game elements so far. I love Plus, I have been looking forward to it since last year.  I also don't expect to like everything every month, that's why I thought the dynamic themes and avatars would bring value to the service. I love that content and so look forward to it each month. I even joined EU Plus since they get two exclusive dynamic themes per month.

Message 3 of 14 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1844 posts

Aug 25, 2010

i agree but also

1,whats with all the old content? and its old games that if we liked it we bought it years ago.

2. why are we getting all the cheap psn games? critter crunch 6$,mushroom wars 10$

3. why are all the ps1 games racing games? and there not even the good racers

well sony tricked me with the 1st month which was nice and what i thought plus would be,,,

i mean come on this is downloadable content that we get to (use) so why are they being so cheap?

i understand we only get 1 psn game a month but could we atleast get the games that are aa titles ?

wipeout was the only good game so far

once a month we get a psn title and they still give us cheap no name titles

Message 4 of 14 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1546 posts

Aug 25, 2010

I wasn't really impressed with the update yesterday, but I still have high hopes for Plus. I mean I don't expect my favorite games or DLC to come out the day I get Plus, I know I'll have to wait a little before they come out (like they say, patience is a virtue). I'll pick up any game that cost money and is now free for us Plus subscribers just becasue I want to get a look at the game (If I like it, well I found a cool game. If I dont like it, well I can delete it and If I want it back I can just go redownload it.)

Message 5 of 14 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
33329 posts

Aug 25, 2010

SpyDudeFX wrote:

Agree with you BRIT and we're missing dynamic themes/avatars/game elements so far. I love Plus, I have been looking forward to it since last year.  I also don't expect to like everything every month, that's why I thought the dynamic themes and avatars would bring value to the service. I love that content and so look forward to it each month. I even joined EU Plus since they get two exclusive dynamic themes per month.

I have to admit to being slightly jealous of you here SD, the Dynamic Themes I have seen in the EU so far have looked great, especially the clock one which I think is especially cool, if I had the spare $50.00 I'd d the same.

Message 6 of 14 (34 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4785 posts

Aug 25, 2010

BRIT-KO wrote:

I have to admit to being slightly jealous of you here SD, the Dynamic Themes I have seen in the EU so far have looked great, especially the clock one which I think is especially cool, if I had the spare $50.00 I'd d the same.

I wanted to buy LBP download, so I joined EU Plus on the last night and got the game free so that was worth about $25 alone. Yes they are very very nice, I can't wait to see the PS Move and Aquarium ones next week. Plus I also get different games and other content so it's great.

Message 7 of 14 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
352 posts

Aug 25, 2010

I really liked the original updates where a variety of content was available for Plus. For instance when there was an update we could pick up our free avatars and themes, and have options of downloading discounted games and DLC, and have the the stuff were currently getting mixed in with that. I'd be happy if Sony could make the updates feel like the old ones in their current bi-weekly schedule. We'd get slightly more than we have now, but not as much as we'd get weekly.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 14 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4606 posts

Aug 25, 2010

BRIT-KO wrote:

SpyDudeFX wrote:

I've been waiting for dynamic themes as well.  It's the only thing about Plus that I'm disappointed with so far.

Message 9 of 14 (34 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1090 posts

Aug 26, 2010
PS+ was one of the biggest waste of $50 I've ever spent. Even worse then the $50 I spent on Mcafee total protection. That's sad
Message 10 of 14 (34 Views)
0 Likes