Sep 19 2012
By: mochuuu SCEA 1486 posts

PS Plus On PS Vita Details

OFFICIAL POST
34 replies 1363 views Edited Sep 19, 2012

Hey everyone,. 

Posting this here in case you missed it. new details on what PS Plus will be like on PS Vita. it's coming this November btw: 

We announced back at Gamescom that PlayStation Plus would be coming to PlayStation Vita (PS Vita), and today we’re pleased to announce that our premium game membership will make its debut on PS Vita in November, providing an Instant Game Collection to PS Vita owners along with the same features that many of you already enjoy for PlayStation 3 (PS3).

If you’re already a PlayStation Plus member on PS3, you’re in luck—you will automatically be able to also enjoy all the PlayStation Plus features for your PS Vita at no extra cost.

PlayStation Plus features for PS Vita available in November will include:

• Instant Game Collection: Unlimited access to a regularly refreshed selection of the full versions of games as long as your membership is active.
  • Discounts: Take advantage of exclusive discounts on games and DLC for your PS Vita.
  • Online Game Storage: An additional 1GB of online storage for game saves for PS Vita games and downloaded content.
  • Automatic Updates: PS Vita will automatically start up at a designated time to download and install select game demos and game updates as well as system software updates and start standby mode upon completion.
  • Automatic Trophy sync: Trophy information will be synched to PSN servers automatically via the PS Vita.

If you don’t yet own a PS Vita, there has never been a better time to invest in the most powerful portable entertainment system. In addition to the Instant Game Collection you will be able to tap into through PlayStation Plus, PS Vita also has an arsenal of great and innovative games, like the recent hit Sound Shapes, not to mention some of the hottest upcoming titles like Assassin’s Creed III: LiberationCall of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified and LittleBigPlanet PS Vita.

- morgan haro - PlayStation.com
@morganharo

Message 1 of 35 (1,363 Views)
Shinra Executive
33360 posts

Re: PS Plus On PS Vita Details

[ Edited ]
Sep 19, 2012

This is great news for Vita owners, not that it should, but I'm just hoping that it doesn't detract from Plus given to those for the PS3.

Now all I need do is convince my wife I need a Vita for Christmas!

Message 2 of 35 (1,360 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4064 posts

Sep 19, 2012

now time needs to speed up cuz I want more games on my Vita lol

facebook.com/gamer316
Message 3 of 35 (1,354 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1564 posts

Sep 20, 2012
Sooooo happy with sony right now :smileyhappy:
Message 4 of 35 (1,342 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Sep 20, 2012

This is so totally cool. I thought we were just getting free game and discounts, but we're really getting everything there is on PS Plus that PS3 has. Thank you, Sony!

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 5 of 35 (1,328 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 20, 2012

I was really happy to hear about this too... I just got a Vita this week and i've been a Plus subscriber for about 8 months and i'm really happy with what the deals and free games that have come out on the PS3. Hopefully the Instant Game collection will have at least one or two more games worth getting for the vita.  With my luck they'll put uncharted and wipeout on there which i just paid for :-|

Message 6 of 35 (1,311 Views)
0 Likes
SCEA
1486 posts

OFFICIAL POST
Sep 20, 2012

Viewtiful_Josh wrote:

This is so totally cool. I thought we were just getting free game and discounts, but we're really getting everything there is on PS Plus that PS3 has. Thank you, Sony!

Glad you like the news =) We wanted to make sure we don't sacrifice anything about what Plus is when we bring it to PS Vita. I think it'll lead to a lot of great experiences on Vita as well. 

@morganharo

Message 7 of 35 (1,291 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Sep 27, 2012

The podcast on the official blog said last week that the 1G of cloud storage is 1G for ps3 and at for Vita, meaning 2G total.  Any word on how cross-play games will work?  On the flip side, if they were combined, how would something like Madden 13 work, which isn't cross play, or even the same game engine?

http://www.slowrecovery.com
Message 8 of 35 (1,210 Views)
0 Likes
SCEA
1486 posts

OFFICIAL POST
Sep 27, 2012

REv9k wrote:

The podcast on the official blog said last week that the 1G of cloud storage is 1G for ps3 and at for Vita, meaning 2G total.  Any word on how cross-play games will work?  On the flip side, if they were combined, how would something like Madden 13 work, which isn't cross play, or even the same game engine?

Great question. For one, what I know is that the cloud storage will be independent on the respective platforms. So on PS Vita, you will only be able to see and access PS Vita Game save data, same for PS3. 

However, for cross play titles, I believe the game itself will support more of a cross functional save system. If you played SoundShapes, you saw this. Within the game itself, you could sync your progress, and recover any progress made on another platform. This was independent of the XMB, so I imagine cross play titles would be the same integrated system.  Even Zen Pinball 2 did this to a degree. 

For a game like Madden 13, since they're not cross play, then the saves would not interfsce with each other at all. Your PS3 experience would be independent from your PS Vita experience. Hopefully that can change as things move forward. 

@morganharo

Message 9 of 35 (1,197 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Thoroughly appreciate this update.  Nice to see the support Sony is putting for the Vita.  Keep it up.

Are there any plans to add full game trials to the Vita's PS+?

Tired of getting disappointed? Lower your expectations. :smileywink:
Message 10 of 35 (1,162 Views)
0 Likes