First Son
2 posts

Re: after a playstation plus expires do u lose your free games?

Jun 11, 2012

I got a nother question regarding the free games from PS+. If for example, I downloaded LittleBig Planet 2 from PS+ for free, and I let my 3 month subscription expire. If I decide to go buy a retail copy of LittleBig Planet 2, will my save file from the PS+ download still work with the retail copy I bought?

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 101 (10,671 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 11, 2012

Can anyone answer these questions for me? I have noticed that not all the free games I got with PS+ have an experation date on them. For example the recently given away for free Hard Corps doesn't show an expiration date nor does Choplifter, Will I lose these games if my PS+ membership expires? I have noticed the same thing with a few other games that I got for free as well. Another issue I have with PS+ is that there is no option of being able to buy a free game. For instance, last Halloween the PS1 resident evil games were 50% regular price and free for PS+ members. I would have rather bought them for the 50% off then to get them for free and have to pay full price for them again should I not renew my PS+ membership, but I didn't have that option. I HAD to take it for free! I want the option of being able to buy a discounted game in addition to getting it for free so I don't have to pay full price at a later time. My last question is, do I have to re-download a game that expired when I renew my PS+ membership? or will it automatically become reactivated when I renew. I hear conflicting answers on this.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 101 (10,671 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1043 posts

Jun 11, 2012

so if u buy add ons for the free games the games still expire ? doesnt that count as spending money towards the gane

[Edited}
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 101 (10,671 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27664 posts

Jun 11, 2012

Velloid wrote:

Can anyone answer these questions for me? I have noticed that not all the free games I got with PS+ have an experation date on them. For example the recently given away for free Hard Corps doesn't show an expiration date nor does Choplifter, Will I lose these games if my PS+ membership expires? I have noticed the same thing with a few other games that I got for free as well. Another issue I have with PS+ is that there is no option of being able to buy a free game. For instance, last Halloween the PS1 resident evil games were 50% regular price and free for PS+ members. I would have rather bought them for the 50% off then to get them for free and have to pay full price for them again should I not renew my PS+ membership, but I didn't have that option. I HAD to take it for free! I want the option of being able to buy a discounted game in addition to getting it for free so I don't have to pay full price at a later time. My last question is, do I have to re-download a game that expired when I renew my PS+ membership? or will it automatically become reactivated when I renew. I hear conflicting answers on this.

1. ALL "FREE" games will expire if your Plus Subscription lapses.

2. Discounts are offered & then sometimes that same game is offered for "free", that's just life I'm afraid.

3. Assuming you don't delete them from your HDD then no, you do not have to re-download the games, they will become active again once you re-subscribe.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 101 (10,671 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27664 posts

Jun 11, 2012

whyaskdouknow wrote:

so if u buy add ons for the free games the games still expire ? doesnt that count as spending money towards the gane

Yes they will expire. (see my response in your created Thread, both Gray & I have responded)

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 101 (10,671 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27664 posts

Jun 11, 2012

GummyVittles wrote:

I got a nother question regarding the free games from PS+. If for example, I downloaded LittleBig Planet 2 from PS+ for free, and I let my 3 month subscription expire. If I decide to go buy a retail copy of LittleBig Planet 2, will my save file from the PS+ download still work with the retail copy I bought?

I can only answer this by saying "possibly", by that I mean I'm not sure.

Others have had other games that have worked with a previous save file, others not, sorry, not sure.

Anyone else know?

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 101 (10,671 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jun 11, 2012

I would think they generally should work. When they don't, it is probably a defect in the game.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 101 (10,671 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 11, 2012

Thanks for the reply, I still find it strange and dumb that some free games don't show an expiration date while most others do. How do I know if I got the game for free if there is no expiration date? I have over 100 games and I can't remember which ones I paid for and which ones I got for free. Is there another way to tell besides looking to see if there is an expiration date or not?

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 101 (10,671 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27664 posts

Jun 12, 2012

Velloid wrote:

Thanks for the reply, I still find it strange and dumb that some free games don't show an expiration date while most others do. How do I know if I got the game for free if there is no expiration date? I have over 100 games and I can't remember which ones I paid for and which ones I got for free. Is there another way to tell besides looking to see if there is an expiration date or not?

You're welcome.

How do you know?, good question Velloid, unlesss I'm forgetting something the expiration date is the only way I can think of right now, sorry.

Maybe someone else has an idea.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 101 (10,671 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jun 22, 2012

I understand better now! Thanks... Right move to have gotten plus!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 101 (10,671 Views)
0 Likes