Jun 14 2012
By: spudsudz Hekseville Citizen 351 posts
Accepted Solution

PS One Games

16 replies 34 views Edited Jun 14, 2012

It would seem that the big news for the Vita at E3 is the addition to play PS One games on our Vita.  I don't know about you but I have a PS2 that allows me to play PS One gems on my Big Screen TV.  Is this a big deal or is Sony simply trying to cash in again on their old titles?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 17 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7474 posts

Re: PS One Games

Jun 14, 2012

spudsudz wrote:

It would seem that the big news for the Vita at E3 is the addition to play PS One games on our Vita.  I don't know about you but I have a PS2 that allows me to play PS One gems on my Big Screen TV.  Is this a big deal or is Sony simply trying to cash in again on their old titles?

You can play your gems on your PS2 normally because it has a DVD/CD drive, but you can't shove your gems inside the Vita's nonexistant CD/DVD drive. And there's people who really want to pay to play Ps1 games on the VT for some reason, so it makes sense to provide a way for people who really want them to do so.

Just because the option is there, doesn't mean you have to buy it, right? If you are happy with your PS2 playing games on your TV, then no one is saying you should buy the PSN versions.

FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice: 16SVoaaAfWtywpQ9GDqqzfoyGvt21XCB6M
Dogecoin is nice too: DU6DPv41zfqbSwvFz8LKYhVcgLsX85B3My
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 17 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
620 posts

Jun 14, 2012

spudsudz wrote:

appearntly you don't have a Vita... and if you do you must be new with it.. its like the BIGGEST thing everyone wants (besides youtube) on their Vita.. I am one of those people to can't wait to play ps1 on the go.

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 17 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
351 posts

Jun 14, 2012

I wish you were correct.  I have played FF VII on 3 different Sony platforms.  And now comes the Vita offering us PS One games.  Really?  how about some new games?  I bought the Vita.  I want new games...  Not the old stuff.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 17 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Jun 14, 2012

The PS3 can play PS1 games just fine as well (it even plays PS1 games on CD), but I'd like to take them on the go with me without having to have multiple systems. (PSP + Vita)

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 17 (34 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4499 posts

Jun 14, 2012

They also announced that over 60 new games are coming.  If you don't want the PS1 games, just ignore them, but a lot of people were asking for it so it's good that they commented on it.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 17 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1783 posts

Jun 14, 2012

i want them to add more ps1 games though. dont know if its ps1 or ps one games their adding, but whatever.

wanna play digimon world 1-3 on my vita on the go.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 17 (34 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4499 posts

Jun 14, 2012

Occhi07 wrote:

i want them to add more ps1 games though. dont know if its ps1 or ps one games their adding, but whatever.

wanna play digimon world 1-3 on my vita on the go.

It should go without saying, but "one" is "1."  They are games which were released for the original PlayStation (i.e. PS, PS1, PSone...whatever you call it, it's the same system and games).

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 17 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
351 posts

Jun 14, 2012

I would rather have the ability to play PS3 games on my Vita via remote play.  However I have read that Sony has stated that isn't going to happen.  I actually paid full boat for Rayman Origins for both my PS3 and Vita because I like platform games and wanted it on both my systems.  It would have been really sweet to have the ability to purchase the PS3 version and use remote play for my Vita experience.  Instead it cost me $100.00 for the pleasure.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 17 (34 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1362 posts

Jun 14, 2012

I don't know where you've been but that's been one of the biggest things people were complaining about was the lack of PSOne support.  Don't worry.  New games are coming.  The space of time between May and August is usually a dead time for the game industry.  In fact, there's usually a space of time between June and at least early August when there are 1, maybe 2 games released the whole time.  Then it picks back up with the start of September.  Which kind of sucks, as people have more time to play video games over the summer, it would be nice to have more to choose from.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 17 (34 Views)
0 Likes