Jun 20 2014
By: CoolHand1977 Lombax Warrior 83 posts

PS Now Beta testers have to pay to play

[ Edited ]
12 replies 509 views Edited Jun 20, 2014

This was posted on reddit. Found it odd beta testers have to pay to test the new system.

http://m.imgur.com/Wrf6sQT

Mod Edit: Updated label & subject title. Please click here to learn more about labels and here to review the Rules of Conduct. -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 13 (509 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6388 posts

Re: Ps Now Beta testers have to pay to play

Jun 20, 2014

If you got in early enough and downloaded the games you dont.  Those coming into it now have so pay for most games but not all of them.  There are still some free games to play on there.  

Message 2 of 13 (504 Views)
0 Likes
Message 3 of 13 (482 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
83 posts

Re: PS Now Beta testers have to pay to play

Jun 20, 2014
I started that thread. Different topic but thanks for the info.
Message 4 of 13 (449 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Jun 20, 2014
I wouldn't pay the prices Sony is asking for ps now and I certainly wouldn't pay to beta test something. I'm not paying for an unfinished product.
Message 5 of 13 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2144 posts

Jun 20, 2014

xD

Message 6 of 13 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7384 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2014

The beta testers are "beta testing" the beta build that will go public beta next month in the USA...

If Direct TV released a beta NFL PS4 app that required subscription but was still beta and still able to crash every 60 mins but cost double the PS3 app costs...there will be USERS that would still sign up... and pay the fees...

Its No different there are users out there that do not care about cost or lower quality and only care that its INSTANT access...

Thats how ALL PPV rentals systems work... and why Blockbuster had to close... Instant access vs having to go out for the BD..

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester
I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to the free youtube storage

View forum in Full Desktop Power or Mobile Mode.
Message 7 of 13 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12360 posts

Jun 20, 2014
Excuse me when mmos beta test it's usually free to play.. They don't start charging you until the game officially launches.. There's no justification for charging for on something that is still being beta tested.
>

Message 8 of 13 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7384 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2014

They will soon...

Kick starter has seen to that...

You can now pre-pay to be a beta tester... via kick starter funding for PC games... those who pay kick starter funds will be the beta testers of the product.... Its allready started on PC games... will move over to consoles...

You have allready Pre-paid to be a beta tester with PS+ as well... Part of the PS+ deal SCEI made is that it funds your access to some public betas...

SIEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester
I use Game Capture HD II to capture and upload videos on to the free youtube storage

View forum in Full Desktop Power or Mobile Mode.
Message 9 of 13 (315 Views)
Last Guardian
12360 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 20, 2014
That's not the same.. Most mmos usually take beta application months before the official release date to test out the game.. You don't need to pay to actually play the game during its beta test period..

What your saying is more like pay to get beta access however you still don't need to pay a sub fee to actually play the game..
>

Message 10 of 13 (306 Views)
0 Likes