Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Re: PS+ Games leaving 1/8

Jan 2, 2013

jcalvert wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:

Source?

Pretty sure Morgan replied in a blog post a few weeks ago that there were no plans to remove Uncharted 2 or LBP2 any time soon as they are big draws and essentially PS+ mainstays.

Correct - "evergreen" titles used for marketing type stuff.  Morgan also discussed it here in response to a suggestion from me that Sony let us know when these games may get rotated, but I don't have that link in front of me right now.

Thanks for providing the link. Your PS Blog Search skills are much better than mine!

Message 11 of 34 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5070 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 2, 2013

GEDC0701.JPG

THERE IS HIS SOURCE  -- MIDDLE OF THE BOTTOM ROW-- thats the expiring soon section on psn+

BUT..................  its not really leaveing-- the reason it is shown in there is because its part of the holiday sale-- and while as plus members we are not allowed to buy that item-- techinacly that sale is leaveing the plus section--- BUT it is staying as part of the IGC 

at least thats what i figure

Message 12 of 34 (377 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1245 posts

Jan 3, 2013

xClayMeow - Glad to help a fellow gamer in need.  I actually remembered the post because it was also discussed here.  I just didn't bother to look here, but I did look there.  Something like that ...

Message 13 of 34 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
587 posts

Jan 3, 2013

Whoops sorry they must mean the discount in IF2...got excited there for a moment...problem is there are NOT that many triple AAA titles on the store to begin with....There are a lot of Sony's own games that are not on the store yet. Not too mention if you look around gamestop we only have a slight fraction compared to what's on disk. Man I need an RPG a GOOD one...where's Skyrim? FF XIII? FFIII-2...you see my point there's only a limited pool of digital games to give us....just take a gander at ALL PS3 games, WTH is Uncharted 3? Heavy Rain? These are just some examples of games that Sony owns but won't bring to the store for whatever reason....no Silent Hills either...so that's why we get what we get...maybe we'lll get lucky and get Crysis 2?!

Pinball totally rules!
--------------------
Message 14 of 34 (303 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 3, 2013
I think the issue with many RPGs is that they would be huge downloads, especially the FF PS3 games, that may be an issue to those with slower broadband connections. Plus the FF PS3 games, Skyrim, Uncharted 3, and Heavy Rain are not currently available to download from the PS store, so it isn't possible to currently offer them to PS+ subscribers...
Message 15 of 34 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7184 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Logical_Dolphin wrote:
I think the issue with many RPGs is that they would be huge downloads, especially the FF PS3 games, that may be an issue to those with slower broadband connections. Plus the FF PS3 games, Skyrim, Uncharted 3, and Heavy Rain are not currently available to download from the PS store, so it isn't possible to currently offer them to PS+ subscribers...

Well, Demon's Souls is hitting the PSN store on the 8th, pretty unexpectedly! I wonder how big it'll be, surely over 20gbs.

Message 16 of 34 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Jan 4, 2013

Mercenary09 wrote:

Yea i dont think LBP, ratchet or infamous 2 are leaving the IGC until at least around E3 time.

That seems a bit too long for me.  i dont mind the games but ratchet and infamous been there since the program started I believe and need to change soon.

Message 17 of 34 (246 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 4, 2013

pirateking1287 wrote:

Mercenary09 wrote:

Yea i dont think LBP, ratchet or infamous 2 are leaving the IGC until at least around E3 time.

That seems a bit too long for me.  i dont mind the games but ratchet and infamous been there since the program started I believe and need to change soon.

Sony wants to capitalize that one can get LBP2, Ratchet, and Infamous for as long as possible with a PS+ subscription. I too believe that it will last in the IGC for a year. That won't effect current subscribers that much since we are pretty much getting a new game each week...

Message 18 of 34 (231 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3651 posts

Jan 4, 2013

It is kind of long but at the same time all 3 of those games are really good games and I think Sony wants to make sure their there for whenever someone new joins plus. Come this summer I can see Sony taking them out and bringing 3 new first party games to the IGC.

Message 19 of 34 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

MAG could be the best RPG choice for PS+ and they will not lose anything if they put it because it is really cheap (5-10$) and the studio is closed which means the game has no future.

Concerning internet connection, my downstream is 2mbps and the game works very well

Message 20 of 34 (213 Views)
0 Likes