Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Re: PS+ Free DLC question

Jul 1, 2010

How very interesting.

This would, of course, explain why DLC is said to expire upon the lapse of the PS+ subscription.

Why the US EULA doesn't mention any of this, nor why Sony previously stated the PS+ "Free" DLC would be retained, I haven't a clue.

Interesting, very much so.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 42 (10 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jul 1, 2010
The EU Sony bloggers mentioned that Euro PS+ users would get to keep most DLC, but that occasionally they would offer premium dlc that they would not be able to keep.

Not sure if that's something we'll have to worry about here in the U.S..
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 42 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1982 posts

Jul 2, 2010

Iyashii wrote:

How very interesting.

This would, of course, explain why DLC is said to expire upon the lapse of the PS+ subscription.

Why the US EULA doesn't mention any of this, nor why Sony previously stated the PS+ "Free" DLC would be retained, I haven't a clue.

Interesting, very much so.

Looking even worse.

Quote from the PlayStation Plus purchase agreement on the PlayStation Store:

"Free games and add-ons are yours to keep and use the entire time you are a PlayStation Plus Subscriber unless otherwise noted."

Now let's analyze this statement.

"Free games and add-ons are yours to keep and use the entire time you are a PlayStation Plus Subscriber unless otherwise noted."

Add-ons are included.

Only while a member.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/24/playstation-plus-your-questions-answered/

"Each month there will be dynamic themes, premium avatars and premium game elements/add-ons for you to download and many will be exclusive to PlayStation Plus members only. These are yours to keep forever once you have downloaded them."

Noted?

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 42 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1982 posts

Jul 2, 2010

This is not looking good.  Contrary to what we have been told before over and over, the EU EULA lists game add-ons as Type 2 content.

http://legaldoc.dl.playstation.net/ps3-eula/psn/e/e_tosua_en.html

"PlayStation Plus

When you purchase a subscription to PlayStation®Plus you will have access to a variety of content ("Subscriber Content"), discounts and services ("Subscriber Services") which will vary throughout your Subscription Period. Some Subscriber Content and Services will only operate on PlayStation®3.

Some Subscriber Content may be made available for download during limited periods only. If you do not download this Subscriber Content during those periods, you will not be able to download that Subscriber Content. Unless otherwise notified at the time of download, your ongoing rights to access and use Subscriber Content after your Subscription Period expires are as set out below:

Type 1. You will still be able to access and use the following Subscriber Content after your Subscription Period expires, provided that you downloaded it before expiry:

i. Premium Avatars

ii. Premium Themes

Type 2. You will no longer be able to access and use the following Subscriber Content after your Subscription Period expires, even if you downloaded it before expiry:

i. PlayStation Network games

ii. PS one games

iii. Minis

iv. Premium game elements"

The US TOS/EULA doesn't even mention PlayStation Plus at all.

http://legaldoc.dl.playstation.net/ps3-eula/psn/u/u_tosua_en.html

(Updated June 21st)

***EDIT***

http://us.playstation.com/support/termsofuse/

(Updated June 29th --- exact same as above link)

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 42 (10 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Jul 2, 2010

I am having a major feeling that PS+ isn't worth it.

I would buy it if they let me keep everything but the free games.

Sony tries to make it sound as positive as it gets, when they would take everything you had if you dont give em more money.

I am staying as a regular member until they give us more clear faqs.

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 42 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Jul 3, 2010

Whether PS+ is worth it is dependent on the person and situation.

You can't beat the option of getting extra, while still retaining the free aspects of PSN.

I guess the only logical way to figure this out, would be for me to download the PS+ "Free" Cuboid Add-Ons, then come back and let ya guys know if I retain the use of them after the 3 months is over.

Until there is clarification from Sony, this will have to do.

>.<

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 42 (10 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1231 posts

Jul 3, 2010

Iyashii wrote:

Well my Girlfriend bought the 3 month package of PS+ to test it out.

But something seems a bit off.

She purchased the "Cuboid" game, and for the current deal you can get the DLC for Cuboid for free if you are a PS+ Member.

Upon selecting "Download" on these items, we get a little prompt saying:
"This item is free to PS+ users, and will remain free for the duration of your subscription.

This item will not be usable if your subscription lapses."

Basically it is saying that the "Free" game Add-On content is not ours to keep, but I was under the impression that any "Free" Add-Ons, Themes and Avatars would be.

Did I misread something, or is this a normal prompt for any PS+ "Free" item?

Yes you missed SONY's fine prints.

Only things they state are free forever are free. Like games You Buy at discounted price are yours to keep forever.

Free Games, Free DLC, Free Avatars, Free PS1 Games, Free etc.. will not work after ur sub ends until u renew

Why SCE-A-E-J Cannot Allow You to Play Music on All Your PS3 Games

If your PLAYSTATION(R) 3 Has 4x USB Slots, You can play PlayStation 2 Games.

-60 GB , 20 GB, 1ST GEN 80GB (MGS4 Piano Black, MotorStorm Pack)

IF your PLAYSTATION(R) 3 Has 2x USB Slots YOU CAN'T play PlayStation 2 Games

-40 GB, NEW 80 GB, 160 GB

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 42 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1982 posts

Jul 4, 2010

Iyashii wrote:

Whether PS+ is worth it is dependent on the person and situation.

You can't beat the option of getting extra, while still retaining the free aspects of PSN.

I guess the only logical way to figure this out, would be for me to download the PS+ "Free" Cuboid Add-Ons, then come back and let ya guys know if I retain the use of them after the 3 months is over.

Until there is clarification from Sony, this will have to do.

>.<

Finally, I'm bringing some positive evidence.  The expiration date for WipEout HD is listed under "PlayStation Network >>> Account Management >>> Transaction Management >>> Services List >>> WipEout HD >>> WipEout HD full game unlock - Entitlement".  This makes sense since you cannot download the full game of WipEout HD directly.  First you download the Trial, which would never expire, and then the Unlock downloadable content (technically an add-on), which wouldn't (or at least shouldn't) suddenly make the game state that it expires when you press Triangle on it.

However, all the other downloadable content is not listed there under the Services List.  Not the Cuboid add-ons, Smash Cars add-on, Mahjong add-on, etc.

But yes, the way to finally settle this is for someone like you with the 3 month Service to let it lapse and then see if they can still use the downloadable content.  That or, you know, someone at Sony could actually answer our questions when we ask them.  But who actually thinks that'll happen?

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 42 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jul 4, 2010

So in a nutshell, anything that you have put money towards even at a discounted price, you get to keep forever even when not subscribed.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 42 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Jul 4, 2010

Storm8873 wrote:

So in a nutshell, anything that you have put money towards even at a discounted price, you get to keep forever even when not subscribed.

Yes anything you bought at a discount is yours forever no worries on that, the debate of this topic is whether or not the Add-Ons are going to go poof when your membership ends. So enjoy your discounts Storm8873 they aren't going anywhere.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 42 (10 Views)
0 Likes