Fender Bender
4536 posts

Re: PS+ Free DLC question

Jun 29, 2010

^^ My God I'm getting older faster and faster...and my eyes are gettin weaker and weaker! Coulda Swore that was a comma or a smudge on the monitor , thanks anyway bud, I understand now

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 42 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1982 posts

Jun 29, 2010

halowars7 wrote:

a_dirty_Shisno wrote:

halowars7 wrote:

guitalex2007 wrote:

They have already stated that themes, avatars and DLC obtained for free, and games/stuff obtained at a discount are ALL YOURS TO KEEP FOREVER.

ONLY GAMES obtained for FREE through PSN+ EXPIRE.  And if you renew, they become available again.

To answer the above question, avatars and themes don't say it because they don't have a price, and state they're exclusive for PSN+ subscribers.

If it were a game with a crossed-out price and a FREE next to the PSN+ symbol, THIS would expire.  Only games.  DLC, Avatars and Themes are forever.

Free games do expire if you don't renew your subscription next year, For example Wipeout HD will expire if you decide to not subscribe again next year, Yes you downloaded it for free, but it is a full game and it will expire, And It's on the PS Blog and it's actually posted on page 1 of this thread.

That's what he said.

"If it were a game with a crossed-out price and a FREE next to the PSN+ symbol, THIS would expire.  Only games."

, he said "Only games.  DLC, Avatars and Themes are forever."...if they are forever than why would they expire? and I understand you're concept and I agree with it...If It's a Game with a Crossed out price and Free next to the PSN+ symbol it would expire...so let's say it was DLC for Killzone 2, and it crossed out the price and they put free next to it, it would expire if I don't renew next year...And same goes with if the Killzone 2 DLC has a price of $5.99 but it's crossed out and now it's $2.99 and I purchase it, it wouldn't expire...Correct?

Maybe you didn't major in English.  Actually I didn't major in English, I'm just rediculously well versed.  Which, you know makes sense since I've spoken it all my life.  :smileytongue:

Anyway, "...THIS would expire.  Only games."  Both are independent sentences, but not independent thoughts.  The first sentence is mearly being reiterated/reinforced.

"Only games.  DLC, Avatars and Themes are forever."  There's a period in between those two sentences.  This is used as a contrasting pair of arguments.  It's not "Only games, {comma} DLC... "  Then it would be one continuous thought.  It would be easier to see if he made "DLC..." the start of a new paragraph, but being in the same paragraph does not make it the same thought.

***EDIT***

Wouldn't it be great if guitalex2007 just came back and clarified his statement?

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 42 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Jun 29, 2010

We all know that PS+ "Free" games are only rented for the duration of your subscription.

My question is why does the PS+ "Free" game DLC for Cuboid say we can only use it for the duration of our subscriptoin, when Sony stated that any PS+ "Free" DLC, Themes and Avatars we keep forever.

Is it a mess up or a general disclaimer for anything that would normally have a price, but listed for "Free" for PS+ Members.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 42 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1982 posts

Jun 29, 2010

halowars7 wrote:

^^ My God I'm getting older faster and faster...and my eyes are gettin weaker and weaker! Coulda Swore that was a comma or a smudge on the monitor , thanks anyway bud, I understand now

No problem.  I guess I could've mentioned the period a few posts back and then we wouldn't have taken up so much of this thread on this little misunderstanding.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 42 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1982 posts

Jun 29, 2010

Iyashii wrote:

We all know that PS+ "Free" games are only rented for the duration of your subscription.

My question is why does the PS+ "Free" game DLC for Cuboid say we can only use it for the duration of our subscriptoin, when Sony stated that any PS+ "Free" DLC, Themes and Avatars we keep forever.

Is it a mess up or a general disclaimer for anything that would normally have a price, but listed for "Free" for PS+ Members.

No one really knows.  We can only make assumptions.  Someone's most likely going to have to ask Eric/Jeff/Susan on the PlayStation Blog for clarification.

***EDIT***

Assuming they bother to respond to any questions.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 42 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1982 posts

Jun 29, 2010

If it says the same thing for the DLC on the EU PS Store then you could try asking on the EU PSB since they answer questions faaaaarrrrr more often than on the US PSB.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 42 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1982 posts

Jun 29, 2010

Is it fixed now?  Where did it say it to begin with?

I've gotten to the Store now and I don't see it say anything other than "This item is available as a free download for PlayStation Plus users.".

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 42 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Jun 30, 2010

You have to be a member of PS+ and then select to download the free DLC.

A prompt will appear stating that this content will be available for the duration of your subscription.

Which is in contrast to what Sony stated for PS+ "Free" DLC being yours forever.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 42 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1982 posts

Jun 30, 2010

Iyashii wrote:

You have to be a member of PS+ and then select to download the free DLC.

A prompt will appear stating that this content will be available for the duration of your subscription.

Which is in contrast to what Sony stated for PS+ "Free" DLC being yours forever.

Ahh.  I see.  I got sidetracked yesterday and didn't manage to get those PSN cards so I still haven't made it that far through the transaction.  Hopefully I can pick them up today.  I'll definitely have them by Saturday, but hopefully I won't have to wait that long.  Then again, with updates only happening once a month, I could just wait till August 2nd and download everything just before they remove it on the 3rd for next month's content...  (I won't really wait that long)

***EDIT***

And yes, I know.  Premature Sig.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 42 (2 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 30, 2010

So, after the expiration of the PS+

Free games -> expire

Purchased games (with discount) -> don't expire.

DLC, Avatars and Theme (free or not) -> don't expire.

Am I right?

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 42 (2 Views)
0 Likes