Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Re: PS+ Free DLC question

Jun 29, 2010

I am talking about the Free Game Add-Ons.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/24/playstation-plus-your-questions-answered/

It says we retain all PS+ Free Themes, Avatars and DLC.

Message 11 of 42 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Jun 29, 2010

DigitalEternal wrote:

halowars7 wrote:

Iyashii wrote:

@ Arda82:

Please refrain from saying that with those specific words.

Anything you buy is yours to keep forever.

You cannot buy a free item.

I understand how the "Free" PS+ Games work, but it was my understanding that the "Free" game Add-Ons would be ours to keep.

Nothing is yours to keep unless you Buy it via $$$....You BUY PS+ subscription, when you do you get certain stuff that only PS+ subscribers get, when you unsubscribe you lose all of your stuff that you had for PS+, same thing works out in real life with a magazine subscription...You subscribe for a cetain $$$...when you do you get certain stuff that only people who subscribe get...When you unsubscribe with the magazine subscription....you lose the magazines that you would be getting...

Exactly the same thing with PS+ except it's Digital

Your logic is a little flawed, after yoru subscription expires you still get to keep all the magazine youve already gotten, I think having the free stuff that you PAYED FOR since you paid for the subscription your paying for the "free" content, taken away is a slap in the face.Ive never heard of a subscription that takes everything youve gotten way from you when it expires.

me either and the ps+ subscription does not take everything away when it expires.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
R.I.P. Louisoix
Message 12 of 42 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Jun 29, 2010

Ignoring previous off topic posts.

Why does the PS+ "Free" DLC say we only have access to it for the duration for our subscription, when Sony said we retain all PS+ "Free" Game Add-Ons, Themes and Avatars.

Message 13 of 42 (7 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1002 posts

Jun 29, 2010

GAMES you get for FREE via PSN+ offersEXPIRE with your subscription.  They are reactivated upon renewal.

ADD-ONS you get for FREE via PSN+ offers DO NOT EXPIRE with your subscription.  However, if they are add-ons for a game you got for free with PSN+ offers, well you can't use them because the game can't be used.  If the game is reacivated upon renewal, so is the DLC.  If the game is bought outside of PSN+, the add-ons will be useable again.

AVATARS AND THEMES you get for FREE via PSN+ offers do DO NOT EXPIRE with your subscription.

Message 14 of 42 (7 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1982 posts

Jun 29, 2010

Iyashii wrote:

Well my Girlfriend bought the 3 month package of PS+ to test it out.

But something seems a bit off.

She purchased the "Cuboid" game, and for the current deal you can get the DLC for Cuboid for free if you are a PS+ Member.

Upon selecting "Download" on these items, we get a little prompt saying:
"This item is free to PS+ users, and will remain free for the duration of your subscription.

This item will not be usable if your subscription lapses."

Basically it is saying that the "Free" game Add-On content is not ours to keep, but I was under the impression that any "Free" Add-Ons, Themes and Avatars would be.

Did I misread something, or is this a normal prompt for any PS+ "Free" item?

I have to assume that it is a generic disclaimer that they are just slapping on everything.  Actually, check that.  Does it also say that on the theme and avatars?

Message 15 of 42 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1002 posts

Jun 29, 2010

They have already stated that themes, avatars and DLC obtained for free, and games/stuff obtained at a discount are ALL YOURS TO KEEP FOREVER.

ONLY GAMES obtained for FREE through PSN+ EXPIRE.  And if you renew, they become available again.

To answer the above question, avatars and themes don't say it because they don't have a price, and state they're exclusive for PSN+ subscribers.

If it were a game with a crossed-out price and a FREE next to the PSN+ symbol, THIS would expire.  Only games.  DLC, Avatars and Themes are forever.

Message 16 of 42 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4536 posts

Jun 29, 2010

guitalex2007 wrote:

They have already stated that themes, avatars and DLC obtained for free, and games/stuff obtained at a discount are ALL YOURS TO KEEP FOREVER.

ONLY GAMES obtained for FREE through PSN+ EXPIRE.  And if you renew, they become available again.

To answer the above question, avatars and themes don't say it because they don't have a price, and state they're exclusive for PSN+ subscribers.

If it were a game with a crossed-out price and a FREE next to the PSN+ symbol, THIS would expire.  Only games.  DLC, Avatars and Themes are forever.

Free games do expire if you don't renew your subscription next year, For example Wipeout HD will expire if you decide to not subscribe again next year, Yes you downloaded it for free, but it is a full game and it will expire, And It's on the PS Blog and it's actually posted on page 1 of this thread.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 17 of 42 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1982 posts

Jun 29, 2010

halowars7 wrote:

guitalex2007 wrote:

Free games do expire if you don't renew your subscription next year, For example Wipeout HD will expire if you decide to not subscribe again next year, Yes you downloaded it for free, but it is a full game and it will expire, And It's on the PS Blog and it's actually posted on page 1 of this thread.

That's what he said.

"If it were a game with a crossed-out price and a FREE next to the PSN+ symbol, THIS would expire.  Only games."

Message 18 of 42 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4536 posts

Jun 29, 2010

a_dirty_Shisno wrote:

halowars7 wrote:

guitalex2007 wrote:

That's what he said.

"If it were a game with a crossed-out price and a FREE next to the PSN+ symbol, THIS would expire.  Only games."

, he said "Only games.  DLC, Avatars and Themes are forever."...if they are forever than why would they expire? and I understand you're concept and I agree with it...If It's a Game with a Crossed out price and Free next to the PSN+ symbol it would expire...so let's say it was DLC for Killzone 2, and it crossed out the price and they put free next to it, it would expire if I don't renew next year...And same goes with if the Killzone 2 DLC has a price of $5.99 but it's crossed out and now it's $2.99 and I purchase it, it wouldn't expire...Correct?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 19 of 42 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Jun 29, 2010

Whatever you buy, is yours forever.

No exceptions.

Even if bought with a discount.

Sony announced that any free Add-on, Theme and Avatar will be retained even after your subscription has ended.

So then, the free PS+ game Add-Ons just have a general disclaimer.

Sure, we know we can't use DLC for a game if we can't use the game.

But since we bought Cuboid, then the free DLC should be usuable after our subscription lapses.

Message 20 of 42 (7 Views)
0 Likes