Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 29 2010
By: Iyashii Lombax Warrior 147 posts

PS+ Free DLC question

41 replies 45 views Edited Jun 29, 2010

Well my Girlfriend bought the 3 month package of PS+ to test it out.

But something seems a bit off.

She purchased the "Cuboid" game, and for the current deal you can get the DLC for Cuboid for free if you are a PS+ Member.

Upon selecting "Download" on these items, we get a little prompt saying:
"This item is free to PS+ users, and will remain free for the duration of your subscription.

This item will not be usable if your subscription lapses."

Basically it is saying that the "Free" game Add-On content is not ours to keep, but I was under the impression that any "Free" Add-Ons, Themes and Avatars would be.

Did I misread something, or is this a normal prompt for any PS+ "Free" item?

Message 1 of 42 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1995 posts

Re: PS+ Free DLC question

Jun 29, 2010

Hmm.Sony said that we could keep the free avatars.themes,and the free DLC.The only thing they were going to take away from us,was the free games,when our subscription ended.

VVV>
Message 2 of 42 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
830 posts

Jun 29, 2010

When the subscribtion is over, every free DLC or game you bought via PSN plus will be deactivated... as long as you are a member to PS Plus you can enjoy the benefits but once you decide not to renew your subscription, than all the free items and DLCs will be deactivated...

Same thing happens in the yeary subscribtion as well.

Message 3 of 42 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Jun 29, 2010

@ Arda82:

Please refrain from saying that with those specific words.

Anything you buy is yours to keep forever.

You cannot buy a free item.

I understand how the "Free" PS+ Games work, but it was my understanding that the "Free" game Add-Ons would be ours to keep.

Message 4 of 42 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4536 posts

Jun 29, 2010

Iyashii wrote:

@ Arda82:

I understand how the "Free" PS+ Games work, but it was my understanding that the "Free" game Add-Ons would be ours to keep.

Nothing is yours to keep unless you Buy it via $$$....You BUY PS+ subscription, when you do you get certain stuff that only PS+ subscribers get, when you unsubscribe you lose all of your stuff that you had for PS+, same thing works out in real life with a magazine subscription...You subscribe for a cetain $$$...when you do you get certain stuff that only people who subscribe get...When you unsubscribe with the magazine subscription....you lose the magazines that you would be getting...

Exactly the same thing with PS+ except it's Digital

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 42 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Jun 29, 2010

Again, I understand the concept.

Though your reasoning is flawed.

"I get a subscription to X Magazine.

I get free demo discs with it.

When my subscription ends, I still get to keep those demo discs."

I was asking if my understanding that Sony mentioned we retain all free Add-Ons, Themes and Avatars was wrong.

Like I stated before, that's what I was under the impression of.

Message 6 of 42 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Jun 29, 2010

"Each month there will be dynamic themes, premium avatars and premium game elements/add-ons for you to download and many will be exclusive to PlayStation Plus members only. These are yours to keep forever once you have downloaded them."

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/24/playstation-plus-your-questions-answered/

Under Games & Special Offers.

So yes, my understanding was right.

Message 7 of 42 (45 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1995 posts

Jun 29, 2010

halowars7 wrote:

Iyashii wrote:

@ Arda82:

Nothing is yours to keep unless you Buy it via $$$....You BUY PS+ subscription, when you do you get certain stuff that only PS+ subscribers get, when you unsubscribe you lose all of your stuff that you had for PS+, same thing works out in real life with a magazine subscription...You subscribe for a cetain $$$...when you do you get certain stuff that only people who subscribe get...When you unsubscribe with the magazine subscription....you lose the magazines that you would be getting...

Sony said,that we can keep everything,except the free games.

VVV>
Message 8 of 42 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Jun 29, 2010

From a comment on the Blog:

Susan Panico  |  June 25th, 2010 at 9:53 am

Any games you receive at no additional charge via PlayStation Plus will expire at the end of your subscription, regardless if on your PS3 or PSP.

Message 9 of 42 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
112 posts

Jun 29, 2010

halowars7 wrote:

Iyashii wrote:

@ Arda82:

Your logic is a little flawed, after yoru subscription expires you still get to keep all the magazine youve already gotten, I think having the free stuff that you PAYED FOR since you paid for the subscription your paying for the "free" content, taken away is a slap in the face. Ive never heard of a subscription that takes everything youve gotten way from you when it expires.

Message 10 of 42 (45 Views)
0 Likes