VP of Gaming
28812 posts

Re: PS+ EU Misleading Advertising

Jan 23, 2014

Pintaen wrote:

Sony promises:

"Get your hands on top-rated* games for your PS4, PS3 and PS Vita every month for as long as you're a member. With new games added every month, you'll never be short of games to play.

*Top-rated is based on a meta critic rating of 70+"

However, for the February 2014 instant game collection for PS Vita it is announced Dynasty Warriors Next  and ModNation Racers: Road Trip both of which have a rating below 70 on Metacritic (67 and 62 respectively)

This is either a mistake in the announcement, or a blatant case of misleading advertising.

I would prefer clarification on this subject before I decide to file a complaint.

Maybe it's your "mistake" to use and accept a purely subjective criteria to determine what is and is not "top rated".

Message 21 of 22 (163 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28812 posts

Re: PS+ misleading advertising

Jan 23, 2014

Pintaen wrote:

Your argument is invalid. It doesn't matter wether I enjoy the game or not. When a company promises something I expect them to keep, just like a company expects you to abide by what you promise to them (usually money or whatever). By not keeping their end of the deal a Company is not respecting you. If you don't hold your ground, they will continue to disrespect you more and more.

PS+ is not a favour to the customer, it's agressive competition and I love it! That's why prefer Playstation over any other brand. But I still expect them to keep their end of the deal, and that means 70+ Metacritic games.

There are legal entities where you can file complaints. Depending on the feedback I get, I may file a complain and let those entities decide what to do next.

You should consider the same if this happens on the US. Together we are stronger!

Where does it say anywhere in that language that the games were going to be SPECIFICALLY "top-rated 70 or higher by Metacritic"? You might have thought about that before you decided to play the outraged gamer card. 

Message 22 of 22 (161 Views)
0 Likes