Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
First Son
Registered: 01/23/2014
Offline
5 posts
 

Re: PS+ misleading advertising

Jan 23, 2014

Your argument is invalid. It doesn't matter wether I enjoy the game or not. When a company promises something I expect them to keep, just like a company expects you to abide by what you promise to them (usually money or whatever). By not keeping their end of the deal a Company is not respecting you. If you don't hold your ground, they will continue to disrespect you more and more.

 

PS+ is not a favour to the customer, it's agressive competition and I love it! That's why prefer Playstation over any other brand. But I still expect them to keep their end of the deal, and that means 70+ Metacritic games.

 

There are legal entities where you can file complaints. Depending on the feedback I get, I may file a complain and let those entities decide what to do next.

 

You should consider the same if this happens on the US. Together we are stronger!

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 22 (244 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/24/2013
Offline
1050 posts
 

Re: PS+ misleading advertising

Jan 23, 2014

Pintaen

 

The 1 thing that is being overlooked is the fact no where in the description and or advertisement of PS+

does it say "ALL" games will have this rating. All Sony has to do is release 1 game that meets the criteria as stated.

Simple fact if it were "ALL" games there would be no room for Indie games as well as lackluster big titles.

 

While I agree with you I want as many big hits as possible can we really expect Sony to give us the key to all

the Best games every month? If they did we would definetely pay more than $5 a month, just common sense.

 

I really feel like we are looking under rocks now.

 

Be happy with PS+ or don't renew it when it expires.

 

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 22 (235 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 06/12/2013
Offline
5448 posts
 

Re: PS+ misleading advertising

Jan 23, 2014

Pintaen wrote:

Your argument is invalid.


You mean the part where I said that the Metacritic rating could have been above 70+ when the publisher was approached for inclusion in the IGC?

 

Oh, wait, you ignored that part.

 

I'm all for consumer rights, my friend.  My assertion, however, is that they are not being violated.  heGOTmeAGAIN brought up an excellent point that nowhere is it stated that PS+ games are exclusively 70+-rated Metacritic games, anyway.

 

The bottom line, for me, is that i am in no way unhappy with my PlayStation Plus membership, nor do I feel that i am being misled by it, so, I do not feel any need to rally against the service at this time.

Grindhead_Jim

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 22 (225 Views)
First Son
Registered: 01/23/2014
Offline
5 posts
 

Re: PS+ misleading advertising

Jan 23, 2014

Are you kidding?

 

Great Indie games have great scores on metacritic. Hotline Miami has 87, for example

 

They don't say "ALL" but they do say "every month" so I still feel cheated.

 

Also, there's still a long time before my subscription  expires, so I'm still expecting to get what I payed for.

 

What I find amusing, is that the gamer community is so forgiving. If it was any other industry we would all be disappointed. It's like some member of our family was running the business. It ain't

 

I mean, I heard people defend Sony with all their soul when they removed the Other OS feature. They took something they marketed, a unique value proposition that helped them get ahead of the competition, and many people even defended them for it, trying to shut up who felt cheated (not me btw, and did not have PS3 back then).

 

I bought a PS3 and a Vita recently, because I couldn't resist the promise sony made in their website. If it wasn't for the PS+ I would certainly not have bought the Vita. I'm complaining because I want them to know that Vita customers matter as well, and we want them to consider Vita users as they consider PS3 users. Not because of those particular games but because of the standards!

 

So I respectfully disagree with you :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 22 (218 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 06/12/2013
Offline
5448 posts
 

Re: PS+ misleading advertising

Jan 23, 2014

Pintaen wrote:

 I'm complaining because I want them to know that Vita customers matter as well, and we want them to consider Vita users as they consider PS3 users. Not because of those particular games but because of the standards!

 

So I respectfully disagree with you :smileywink:


Of course, you have the right to feel any way that you feel about the service.  

 

My perspective is, if you based your purchase of the Vita on the PS+ advertisment without actually looking at the IGC, maybe you should accept some of the responsibility of that decision.  I think the Vita IGC is improving, but, that's completely subjective.  Oh, so is Metacritic.  There are games on Metacritic that have phenomenal score that I abhor, and low-scored games that I love.  

 

Be subjective!  Be an informed consumer!  But, to call anything subjective a standard is an oxymoron, at best, which is why I stated earlier that Sony probably needs to distance itself from the Metacritic score aspect of the game selection inference - it's clearly confusing (and that we can agree on).

Grindhead_Jim

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 22 (208 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 05/24/2013
Offline
1050 posts
 

Re: PS+ misleading advertising

Jan 23, 2014

Are you kidding?

It depends

 

Great Indie games have great scores on metacritic. Hotline Miami has 87, for example

I Agree with you. Some of the Best games are Indies. They are not handcuffed to deadlines or corporate "ideas".

 

They don't say "ALL" but they do say "every month" so I still feel cheated.

Still don't know how.

 

Also, there's still a long time before my subscription  expires, so I'm still expecting to get what I payed for.

Yes you will. Free games when is this a bad thing. Not to mention the sales and discounts.

 

What I find amusing, is that the gamer community is so forgiving. If it was any other industry we would all be disappointed. It's like some member of our family was running the business. It ain't

Confused about the "Forgiving" more like greatful. No unfortunetely I am not in the Sony family.

 

I mean, I heard people defend Sony with all their soul when they removed the Other OS feature. They took something they marketed, a unique value proposition that helped them get ahead of the competition, and many people even defended them for it, trying to shut up who felt cheated (not me btw, and did not have PS3 back then).

it's called new ideas right or wrong that's what it is.

 

I bought a PS3 and a Vita recently, because I couldn't resist the promise sony made in their website. If it wasn't for the PS+ I would certainly not have bought the Vita. I'm complaining because I want them to know that Vita customers matter as well, and we want them to consider Vita users as they consider PS3 users. Not because of those particular games but because of the standards!

Ok. I feel the VITA is a remarkable handheld the Best ever from anyone. When you link to the PS4 it truly is remarkable.

 

So I respectfully disagree with you :smileywink:

Thanks for keeping it civil. Cheers

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 22 (206 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 11/19/2005
Online
1901 posts
 

Re: PS+ misleading advertising

Jan 23, 2014

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Pintaen wrote:

Sony promises:

 

"Get your hands on top-rated* games for your PS4, PS3 and PS Vita every month for as long as you're a member. With new games added every month, you'll never be short of games to play.

*Top-rated is based on a meta critic rating of 70+"

 

However, for the February 2014 instant game collection for PS Vita it is announced Dynasty Warriors Next  and ModNation Racers: Road Trip both of which have a rating below 70 on Metacritic (67 and 62 respectively)

 

This is either a mistake in the announcement, or a blatant case of misleading advertising.

 

I would prefer clarification on this subject before I decide to file a complaint.


Show me where the advertising says that Metacritic is the basis for the claim of a top rating. 

 

Also, if you;re referring to this:

 

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2014/01/22/februarys-playstation-plus-content-confirmed/

 

 

It references Bioshock: Infinite as a PS3 title for PS+ for February.  Um, we already hae that as of this week, so, some of that information may be incomplete, as no official announcement has yet been made.


   The OP is from EU... This exact same post was posted on the Blog Post for the February Reveal

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 22 (203 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 06/12/2013
Offline
5448 posts
 

Re: PS+ misleading advertising

Jan 23, 2014

oooaznkid wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

Pintaen wrote:

Sony promises:

 

"Get your hands on top-rated* games for your PS4, PS3 and PS Vita every month for as long as you're a member. With new games added every month, you'll never be short of games to play.

*Top-rated is based on a meta critic rating of 70+"

 

However, for the February 2014 instant game collection for PS Vita it is announced Dynasty Warriors Next  and ModNation Racers: Road Trip both of which have a rating below 70 on Metacritic (67 and 62 respectively)

 

This is either a mistake in the announcement, or a blatant case of misleading advertising.

 

I would prefer clarification on this subject before I decide to file a complaint.


Show me where the advertising says that Metacritic is the basis for the claim of a top rating. 

 

Also, if you;re referring to this:

 

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2014/01/22/februarys-playstation-plus-content-confirmed/

 

 

It references Bioshock: Infinite as a PS3 title for PS+ for February.  Um, we already hae that as of this week, so, some of that information may be incomplete, as no official announcement has yet been made.


   The OP is from EU... This exact same post was posted on the Blog Post for the February Reveal


Yeah, I had that figured out - I was just attempting to gently explain the situation. 

 

A couple posts later, we were sorted. :smileyhappy:

Grindhead_Jim

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 22 (199 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
Registered: 11/19/2002
Offline
9588 posts
 

Re: PS+ misleading advertising

Jan 23, 2014
We haven't even gotten the Plus update for next month. That's for Europe so we have to wait for the US.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 22 (172 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/14/2007
Online
8394 posts
 

Re: PS+ misleading advertising

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2014

Pintaen wrote:

Your argument is invalid. It doesn't matter wether I enjoy the game or not. When a company promises something I expect them to keep, just like a company expects you to abide by what you promise to them (usually money or whatever). By not keeping their end of the deal a Company is not respecting you. If you don't hold your ground, they will continue to disrespect you more and more.

 

PS+ is not a favour to the customer, it's agressive competition and I love it! That's why prefer Playstation over any other brand. But I still expect them to keep their end of the deal, and that means 70+ Metacritic games.

 

There are legal entities where you can file complaints. Depending on the feedback I get, I may file a complain and let those entities decide what to do next.

 

You should consider the same if this happens on the US. Together we are stronger!


AN arguement could be said that the statement does not say "All games will be top rated:. It states get access to top rated games, and you proved in OP that there are indeed several top rated game being added.

 

That being said, if you feel justified, do it. I wouldn't however expect them to change the games, and would likely just remove that statement. But, I suppose that is what you are wishing for.

 

edit: I'm late to the party for the "All".

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 22 (150 Views)