Jan 23 2014
By: Pintaen First Son 5 posts

PS+ EU Misleading Advertising

[ Edited ]
21 replies 263 views Edited Jan 23, 2014

Sony promises:

"Get your hands on top-rated* games for your PS4, PS3 and PS Vita every month for as long as you're a member. With new games added every month, you'll never be short of games to play.

*Top-rated is based on a meta critic rating of 70+"

However, for the February 2014 instant game collection for PS Vita it is announced Dynasty Warriors Next  and ModNation Racers: Road Trip both of which have a rating below 70 on Metacritic (67 and 62 respectively)

This is either a mistake in the announcement, or a blatant case of misleading advertising.

I would prefer clarification on this subject before I decide to file a complaint.

Message 1 of 22 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5476 posts

Re: PS+ misleading advertising

Jan 23, 2014

Pintaen wrote:

Sony promises:

"Get your hands on top-rated* games for your PS4, PS3 and PS Vita every month for as long as you're a member. With new games added every month, you'll never be short of games to play.

However, for the February 2014 instant game collection for PS Vita it is announced Dynasty Warriors Next  and ModNation Racers: Road Trip both of which have a rating below 70 on Metacritic (67 and 62 respectively)

This is either a mistake in the announcement, or a blatant case of misleading advertising.

I would prefer clarification on this subject before I decide to file a complaint.

Show me where the advertising says that Metacritic is the basis for the claim of a top rating. 

Also, if you;re referring to this:

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2014/01/22/februarys-playstation-plus-content-confirmed/

It references Bioshock: Infinite as a PS3 title for PS+ for February.  Um, we already hae that as of this week, so, some of that information may be incomplete, as no official announcement has yet been made.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 2 of 22 (253 Views)
Fender Bender
3603 posts

Jan 23, 2014

I buy Plus by the year and even if I run into a bad month over the year its still GREAT!

Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
My PS4 Games of 2016: Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted 4 SE, No Man's Sky SE. Also: PlayStation VR
Message 3 of 22 (235 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

Jan 23, 2014

Firstly, those are the EU releases for PS+, not the US. Secondly, while Sony did claim that the games would be 70+, they did not specify from which source they would be.

Complaining about PS+ is silly. With a approval rating over 96% from its users, it's pretty clear this service is an amazing value, especialy when compared it its competition.

My advice, open a "complaint" and watch it flow directly to the Sony Trash Can.

Message 4 of 22 (228 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7387 posts

Jan 23, 2014

Pintaen wrote:

Sony promises:

I don't care about metacritic, what is certain is that ModNation Racers Road Trip is one of my favorite psvita games so far, great game, only thing missing is wheel to wheel online multiplayer, sony first party studios can achieve greatness but sometimes make stupid decisions(no modnation road trip online multiplayer based on modnation psp online numbers is clearly one of them) more so when you have a system thats built to take advantages of social media and online play, Modnation Road Trip could have been amazing but instead is just great.

Message 5 of 22 (216 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 23, 2014

You'll find it here

http://uk.playstation.com/playstationplus/#select-tab-psplusfeatures

exacly as I mentioned it

Message 6 of 22 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5476 posts

Jan 23, 2014

Pintaen wrote:

You'll find it here

http://uk.playstation.com/playstationplus/#select-tab-psplusfeatures

exacly as I mentioned it

UK.  EU.  Not North America, and you are on the North American forums.  Also, Metcritic is not mentioned anywhere in any of Sony's advertisements for PS+.

If you;re dissatisfied, fine, but, you haven't been lied to at all.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 7 of 22 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
557 posts

Jan 23, 2014

Meta critic is mentioned actually. Click the "Features" tab and you'll see the same thing he posted.

Message 8 of 22 (198 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jan 23, 2014

I will address this issue on the EU forums, my bad.

But if you click the link I gave you will find it under the "features tab" where it states "meta critic"[sic]  exacly as I quoted.

It's not your problem though, if you're from US.

Thanks for the reply

Cheers

Message 9 of 22 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5476 posts

Jan 23, 2014

Pintaen wrote:

I will address this issue on the EU forums, my bad.

But if you click the link I gave you will find it under the "features tab" where it states "meta critic"[sic]  exacly as I quoted.

It's not your problem though, if you're from US.

Thanks for the reply

Cheers

Fair enough, but, when the impetus was created to offer the game, the rating could very well have been 70+.

I really, really think that you are being far too critical.  You will either enjoy the game, or you won't, no matter what any critic says.  

Should Sony remove that claim?  Probably.  

Is it really grounds for legal action?  I seriously doubt it.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 10 of 22 (190 Views)