First Son
23 posts

Re: [PS@E3] PlayStation TV announced for North America

Jun 13, 2014

I wonder if they will open PS+ to this as well. They're currently delivering two free games for the Vita each month, but maybe in the future they will guarantee that one of them will be compatible with the PSTV. It's just a thought.

I'm looking forward to this and hoping it works on my older HDTV I have in the office. I have a Philips TV I got in 2006 that still works great, but due to issues with the HDMI tech, I can not use a PS4 with it. Something about how the PS4 outputs the video doesn't work on my TV and I'd really like to have the gaming capability in that room. If the Remote Play works as well as it does on the Vita, this will be perfect.

Message 31 of 42 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3345 posts

Jun 13, 2014

vongruetz wrote:

I wonder if they will open PS+ to this as well. They're currently delivering two free games for the Vita each month, but maybe in the future they will guarantee that one of them will be compatible with the PSTV. It's just a thought.

I can't imagine they would guarentee that the PS Plus Vita games will work. I imagine it'll probably just be a luck of the draw type thing, where we just have to hope for the best each month but who knows.

Message 32 of 42 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
625 posts

Jun 13, 2014

shadoefax wrote:

Nintendo was tearing up E3 with one game announcement after another, and what does Sony offer for a PS4..? 

A TV !  Face it boys, Sony lost this one.  

Um... It's not a TV. It's a new device to play games on your TV. I think people generally call those things consoles.

I also wasn't aware that E3 was some type of contest either. I guess I missed the awards ceremony at the end. 

Personally I'm pretty hapy to see this coming to the U.S. It's not all that often that I want to play games anywhere besides my living room, but it'll be nice to have the option along with other streaming apps all in one tiny little box.

Message 33 of 42 (133 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1421 posts

Playstation TV questions please help

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2014

So this could make or break my decision , i do plan on getting a PS4 next summer or fall but with the PSTV coming this fall for $99 it has me wondering.

1.Can it play PS Vita game carts/physical games

2. i hear its like a Vita so can i go on the PS Store and buy/download a vita game to the Ps TV.

3. Will it support all Vita games , like uncharted that needs touch control.  will it play it with a DS3 controller or will it work with a DS4 controllers .

4.Will it support PSP/PSvita games like the Killzone psp  game on the PS Store

__
Moderator edit: Merged similar threads. Also, most of your questions are answered in the OP. Thanks! - Meowstro

Message 34 of 42 (144 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13606 posts

Re: Playstation TV questions please help

Jun 14, 2014

GamerJon92 wrote:

So this could make or break my decision , i do plan on getting a PS4 next summer or fall but with the PSTV coming this fall for $99 it has me wondering.

1.Can it play PS Vita game carts/physical games

2. i hear its like a Vita so can i go on the PS Store and buy/download a vita game to the Ps TV.

3. Will it support all Vita games , like uncharted that needs touch control.  will it play it with a DS3 controller or will it work with a DS4 controllers .

4.Will it support PSP/PSvita games like the Killzone psp  game on the PS Store

1. Yes, it has a PS Vita card slot

2. Yes you can

3. No, it doesn't support any Vita games that have touch control. Works with DS3 right now, I believe the DS4 compatibility is also present (in the japanese version at least)

4. Since it's a Vita at heart, yes.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 35 of 42 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Jun 14, 2014

DS4 is compatible, I saw it on Sony's info page for the PlayStation TV, and canceled my Amazon preorder of the bundle version because of it, ordering the standard $99 one instead.

PS3 | PS4 | PS Vita | PlayStation TV
Message 36 of 42 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1421 posts

Jun 14, 2014

Will i be able to play uncharted golden abyss with the DS4 . with version 3.14 i think it does support DS4

Message 37 of 42 (128 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13606 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2014

GamerJon92 wrote:

Will i be able to play uncharted golden abyss with the DS4 . with version 3.14 i think it does support DS4

No, considering the Vita game not only uses the touch screen, but also the rear touchpad (and the rear camera).

And the DS4 on the PS TV doesn't add any more functionality (it doesn't, for example, use the DS4's touchpad to mirror the touch screen). It's simply compatible.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 38 of 42 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Jun 18, 2014
I'm a big stickler for terminology so I'm just looking for a little clarification. Does the Remote Play functionality work the same as it does on the Vita? What I mean is does it circumvent the necessity of an Internet connection and would connect to the Playstation TV via WiFi?

As someone that currently has slow and limited bandwidth currently I'd love if this didn't take that into account outside of maybe initial setup.

Also, with the use of supported controllers, will they be able to turn on the console like it does with the PS3 and PS4? I already have the controllers but would love if I didn't have to connect them every time I use the Playstation TV.
Message 39 of 42 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Jun 18, 2014
Another question...

With DS3 and DS4 being supported, will remote play to a PS4 be possible if the user is using a DS3? Will there be a message similar to when you wa the to play a Vita game that supports back touch pad controls with games like Shadowfall that have DS4 touch pad controls?
Message 40 of 42 (52 Views)
0 Likes