Jan 22 2014
By: mochuuu SIEA 1490 posts

PS Community Forums Update - 1/21

[ Edited ]
4 replies 609 views Edited Jan 22, 2014

Hey PlayStation Community,

Just wanted to get you guys an update on the progress we've been making on the changes on PlayStation Community Forums. You can read about the changes here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/PlayStation-Community-Forum-Changes-Comin...

So far, you might have noticed some threads from the closing forums arriving into PlayStation General. We know it's a bit blustery with new threads, but should only be occurring over night for the next day or so; targetting wrapping up the migration over the course of Wednesday night this week. Appreciate your patience there!

Second, the Labels. We know that some of you aren't seeing the Labels when creating a new thread. Looking into that and hope to have it up soon! But for now you can use the functionality to sort through some more recent threads.

Last, just a reminder, but as things are archived, you may want to also let us know if a certain thread got archived that you want to see back in PlayStation General; just PM PSForumMods and they'll check into it for ya.

Appreciate the PS Community rolling with the changes and please keep the feedback coming in. We're always active on the PlayStation General board looking for feedback on PlayStation stuff big and small, so we always appreciate good conversation around that as well.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5 (609 Views)
Fender Bender
3345 posts

Re: PS Community Forums Update - 1/21

Jan 22, 2014

I don't know if this is functioning as planned, but when I view the "label" sorted sections, the threads are sorted based on the OP creation date and not the most recent reply. Once threads start flooding in that use the labels, the older threads that are still active are going to get lost very quickly.

Message 2 of 5 (447 Views)
Platinum
55402 posts

Jan 22, 2014

ck2875 wrote:

I don't know if this is functioning as planned, but when I view the "label" sorted sections, the threads are sorted based on the OP creation date and not the most recent reply. Once threads start flooding in that use the labels, the older threads that are still active are going to get lost very quickly.

I am hoping I just didn't see the option for auto sorting because it did the same thing to me too.  It doesn't work well.

@mochuuu thanks for the heads up on the labels not working.  I'm sitting here trying to figure it out but now I know why there is no option for me to add or edit a label on my threads.

Message 3 of 5 (429 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Jan 23, 2014

FYI, I just posted a question about Tuesday's Minecraft update and was unable to use either of the words minecraft or update as labels for my post.  Not sure if it's supposed to refuse words like that but they seemed like the best possible labels for my question.  Seems like that's what the labels are for, right?  Making sure poeple can find the topics they're looking for?

Message 4 of 5 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Jan 23, 2014
You can only use the pre-made labels at this time
Message 5 of 5 (344 Views)
0 Likes