Sep 04 2012
By: bby_dino First Son 1 posts

PS Classics

7 replies 304 views Edited Sep 4, 2012

While browsing through my PS2 games, I came across multiple games that would be a great addition to the PS2 Classics:

1. Fatal Frame (all 3 games preferably, but I certainly won't complain with just one)
  2. The Suffering (second game was alright, but the first was definitely a favorite) 
  3. Silent Hill 4 (since parts 2 and 3 are on the HD Collection, we can't forget about The Room)
  4. Resident Evil Outbreak (have to add to the collection! :smileyvery-happy:)

These are only a handful of games I would want to see. But I hope the PSN community feels the same way as I do.

Happy gaming! (:

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
838 posts

Re: PS Classics

Sep 6, 2012

bby_dino wrote:

While browsing through my PS2 games, I came across multiple games that would be a great addition to the PS2 Classics:

1. Fatal Frame (all 3 games preferably, but I certainly won't complain with just one)
  2. The Suffering (second game was alright, but the first was definitely a favorite) 
  3. Silent Hill 4 (since parts 2 and 3 are on the HD Collection, we can't forget about The Room)
  4. Resident Evil Outbreak (have to add to the collection! :smileyvery-happy:)

These are only a handful of games I would want to see. But I hope the PSN community feels the same way as I do.

Happy gaming! (:

There is a big problem involving some of those games.  First, Fatal Frame. nintendo got their hands on the franchise at least some of it.  And since Nintendo has something to do with it don't put too much into it becoming available on other systems other than nintendo.  The suffering is a great game, actually both games are great but Midway went bankrupt, Warner Bros, bought some of their assets not sure if The Suffering was one of them. Resident Evil Outbreak was intended for online play, that's one of the reasons many bought it, for the online portion, single player was good, but it was mostly for Co-op and Online play.  Considering that it's not in the main series, it's more likely that it'll get a pass and not appear on the PSN, not saying it won't happen but unlikely.  Silent hill 4 is the most likely candidate to appear on the PS2 classics, but since Konami screwed up the HD collection that puts more doubt on it not appearing.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (285 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 7, 2012
Final Fantasy X Final Fantasy X-2 Final Fantasy XII Suikoden III Suikoden IV Suikoden Tactics [b]Suikoden V[/b] <- Arguably the most important request of my post. Dragon Quest V (The PS2 remake) Dragon Quest VIII Resident Evil 4 Tales of Legendia Tales of the Abyss Star Ocean: Till the End of Time Grand Theft Auto III Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (270 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Sep 8, 2012

Mortal Kombat trilogy. Tekken. 007(A whole collection)

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Sep 14, 2012

Dark Cloud, Dark Cloud 2/Chronicle, Okage Shadow King, Rogue Galaxy, or any rpg should be added since you don't need multiplayer functionality for those games,plus rpg know adays aren't what they used to.

"I'm watching you in the shadows........nah im right next to ya"
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (236 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 24, 2012

I'm actually baffled on why Parasite Eve never came out on the european PSN store and only the americn PSN store has it.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (198 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 28, 2012

I know they came out with the pc version of doom, but come on the playstation version was way better and final Doom was great!!! 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (130 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Oct 29, 2012

oh god YES! AGREE! Dark Cloud, Dark Cloud 2 and Rogue Galaxy! (never played Okage Shadow King). I also think the Champions of Norrath series would be a great addition to the PS2 classics. Still have the hard copy for Champions Return to Arms and still play it on the PS2, but sadly its scratched up, lags a bit sometimes, sometimes it just doesn't want to play the background music for places, just the sound effects, I can't forget that sometimes it loads a map completely black... It's going to go soon and I don't want to lose that game :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (116 Views)
0 Likes