Jul 10 2010
By: JCat007x Lombax Warrior 131 posts

PLEASE HELP, i think i made a huge mistake having to do with the MoH beta

10 replies 27 views Edited Jul 10, 2010

Ok so theres a story to this, i was messing around with my network settings to see if using DMZ was making a difference or not, Then i read something on here that said to set some of the ip addresses to a specific one, like one ended in 222.222 and the other 220.220 but thats not the important part.... the important part is after i used this setting i got a friend request like right as it connected, so i though it was most likely a hacker or something so i deleted the friend request without reading it and deleted him off my friends list, because i know how dangerous DMZ can be.

But then later tonight one of my friends who lives a block away was playing the MoH Beta  (and hes not a PS+ member and i am) So now i think that was my invite, but i dont know for sure so thats why im asking, if thats how u get to play betas? And if it was why did he get it the same day i did, i mean PS+ means Betas before everyone else and he is playing as just a regular PSN member.

And most importantly, does not accepting that friend request make me not able to play the MoH forever? I hope to god not. And another quick question is will there be more even though i did that? Because i wanna play the Assassins Creed Brotherhood Beta...

So please, say something to make my fears go away!! lol 

http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/sig/clean4/ps3/JCat007x.png
Message 2 of 11 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1794 posts

Re: PLEASE HELP, i think i made a huge mistake having to do with the MoH beta

Jul 10, 2010

so im guessing your asking is that someone sent you a game invite to play the MoH beta and you deleted it and you think that somehow that is a beta invite ?? well no its not he just sent you a game invite to join his game

Message 1 of 11 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Jul 10, 2010
No, it was someone i never heard of that sent me a friend request right after i changed some stuff having to do with ip addresses and stuff.

But to clear this up can someone tell me how you actually get invited to play betas so i dont mess it upif or when it happens

Message 3 of 11 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1794 posts

Jul 10, 2010

JCat007x wrote:
No, it was someone i never heard of that sent me a friend request right after i changed some stuff having to do with ip addresses and stuff.

But to clear this up can someone tell me how you actually get invited to play betas so i dont mess it upif or when it happens

it could be multiple ways to get into a beta but i have never heard of a company sending out beta invites over PSN

Message 4 of 11 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9679 posts

Jul 10, 2010

No Plus member has recieved an invite. No more invites are being sent out. If want in the Beta, pre-order. It's very fun though!

I've played the hell out of it.

Message 5 of 11 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Jul 10, 2010
According to a few people, if you sign make an account on the MoH site, they might send you a beta key.
Message 6 of 11 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Jul 10, 2010
The Medal of Honor beta codes where sent out via email. So to answer your question no you changing your settings did not screw you out of the beta you where never in it to begin with. Also the changes you made would have only screw up your ability to get online not the ability to get messages. PSN messages are stored on servers thats how you can still receive a message even if you're not on PSN or PS3 for that matter. Anyway MoH beta started before PS+ so no PS+ member is in it because of PS+.
Kid tested, Sony approved
Message 7 of 11 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
206 posts

Jul 10, 2010

footballrule wrote:

No Plus member has recieved an invite. No more invites are being sent out. If want in the Beta, pre-order. It's very fun though!

I've played the hell out of it.

Thats not true. I got a Medal of Honor beta without preordering because of the Battleifled Veterans program. I got mine last week.

Message 8 of 11 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Jul 10, 2010
Ok thanks all that makes sense, but does anyone know anything about the Assassins Creed Brotherhood Beta? Cause i really wanna play that so if theres anything i can do to increase my chances could you please share?

Message 9 of 11 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2998 posts

Jul 10, 2010

I'm not sure if there are any details for the AC Brotherhood beta yet. Though pro-ordering for a beta has become quite popular, so that's a reasonable possibility. I'd also say if Assassin's Creed/ Ubisoft has a site where you register a name to do that, as that's how I've gotten several betas, including the MoH beta from EA.

Message 10 of 11 (27 Views)
0 Likes