Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 13 2012
By: msavary76 First Son 8 posts
Accepted Solution

PLAYSTION BEEPS

5 replies 155 views Edited Mar 13, 2012

WHEN I TURN OFF MY PLAYSTAION 3 IT BEEPS 4 TIMES.  CANT REMEMBER IF THAT IS NORMAL OR NOT.  PLEASE HELP.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Re: PLAYSTION BEEPS

Mar 13, 2012

don't sound normal to me but if everything is working like it should i have no idea what it could be for..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Mar 13, 2012

It's not normal. I'm interpretting a little based on experience, but the only time mine beeps like that on me is when it has to force shut down while a game or something else is running and won't close properly. Like for example, if you have a game freeze and you have to hold the power button down to get it to shut off.

I've seen this happen every once in a while like if I'm in a multiplayer game and it gets stuck searching for a match or something. The game becomes slow in responding, so if you go to the menu and force quit the game, it will do the four beep and restart the system.

Bottom line, if it is doing that only rarely, then don't worry about it. If it does that every time you turn off the PS3, you may have a problem that will get more serious in the near future.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Mar 13, 2012

yea thats right,i remember it doing that to me a while back when starhawk beta froze on me,,

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (155 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Mar 14, 2012

Ya i called sony they said that it only happens when you try and turn it off when ia game is running.  and didnt close properly. 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (155 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Jan 13, 2014
Guys.... my ps4 was with the "strange beeping problem"... even that hell (ps4) turned off, it still beeping... well, i changed the power supply, re install the software, install the 1.52 firmware... all that and: nothing... that HELL (PS4) that is extremely expasinve here in brasil still beeping... finaly I turn it from the horizontal position to vertical position and till now it seems not beep anymore... well I thing is the eject disc sensor that has some problem that active it at temperature ore any changes at the environment around... could be the usb cable that is too near to the superface too ( just supositions)...
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (132 Views)
0 Likes