Fender Bender
3600 posts

Re: PLAYSTATION Store Hacked, Thief Caught and BANNED!!

Mar 31, 2008

Sue him? yeah right ok....

Id like to see you try.

Message 51 of 122 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7543 posts

Apr 2, 2008

SOOPERGOOMAN187 wrote:

Hi everyone as you may or may not know, recently and in the past few months some people who enjoy the Playstation Experience had a bit of trouble to deal with. I am talking about the latest announcement about possible hacking happening to account. Well folks not only was it possible but IT happened to me. My experience happened this past Christmas Season. On December 19, 2007. I had gone out shopping for gifts only to come home and find my PS3 Logged out. (it's always on). So I decided to jump onto Warhawk as the days crowdedness was driving me nuts. I was on for about five minutes when I got booted. I logged back in only to have it happen again. I noticed this time that the info window said I had logged in from another PS3. I managed to log in successfully after a few more tries and went into my account settings and changed my password. When I was finally able to get into my XMB and see. I noticed fist that half my friends list had been deleted. So I checked the store. To my surprise I went to my wallet to remove my Credit card info( for auto pay) and noticed a new purchase. Someone had used my Credit Card to get a psone game with my money. Through my wallet but they downloaded to their PS3.

Well folks as of about 45 mines ago, I have been informed that this person has been CAUGHT and they are getting BANNED from ONLINE PLAY.

They have caught you. CAUGHT YOU. Your console's ID number is in their hands. You have made a huge mistake because as soon as they get your name and other info. I AM PRESSING CHARGES and am GOING TO SUE YOU AND TAKE YOUR MONEY from your wallet.(seems justified)

I hope this goes to show ANYONE else who may think it cool or funny to hack someone account, well it's not and you will be caught.

Sony are refunding my wallet and are keeping quite a close tabs on them. Mess up again and it's big time trouble in two countries.

Also I want to add, the money you stole was for me to buy a game on the PSN for my Nephew for Christmas. Instead I had nothing to get him. Thanks a lot man, thanks for ruining mine and his Christmas '07.

Atleast I have the satisfaction of now knowing that I will be happily playing my games online while you sit there and do NOTHING! Enjoy your game dude, I hope you play that Castlevania SON till your fingers bleed, it's the only thing besides offline lan games you can play, no demo's, no store, no remote play, no media server. I will be enjoying Broken Mirror and all other ONLINE PS3 games Safe and Sound.

BIG UPs TO SONY FOR HELPING ME OUT!!! BIG UPs INDEED!!

Great news.  For sure press charges if you can, but I don't really know if it's worth suing for what...45 bucks?  Maybe you could go on Judge Judy?
Message 52 of 122 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2561 posts

Apr 2, 2008

i posted earlier in this thread and i am happy to hear that this arse was caught and hope he does do jail time for what he did.  what i am however is disappointed on how everyone has jumped on the original poster about him wanting to sue this soon to be criminal.  i'm sorry but if someone hacked into my personal info including CC numbers and such, i would 1. sue the hell out of him for everything he has, everything he had and sue his offspring and 2. have about 10 minutes locked in a room with just him and i'd beat my frustrations out on him.

also a lot of people have said that all he stole was $45 or that if they wre the person that did that to him, they would've robbed him for all he was worth and so forth.  i'm sorry but my identity was stolen a couple of years ago and it took over a year to get everything straightened out.  i'm still fighting to get a lot of stuff cleared off my credit report and no the cops or the FBI for that matter haven't caugth the arse for doing this to me.   unless stuff like this happens to you guys, you'll never know the headaches you go through just to clear things off your credit card that you never made purchases for to begin with or even new credit cards you never applied for.  oh btw, my identity theft happened when some thugs came driving through the neighborhood and taking mail out of the mailboxes. 

Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Message 53 of 122 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12787 posts

Apr 2, 2008

All Sony had to do is a reverse search of the persons IP address an his days were numbered after that... Not to ention the legal problems thisperson has brought upon himself...

Nice job Sony

Message 54 of 122 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7543 posts

Apr 2, 2008

Kimo91 wrote:

i posted earlier in this thread and i am happy to hear that this arse was caught and hope he does do jail time for what he did.  what i am however is disappointed on how everyone has jumped on the original poster about him wanting to sue this soon to be criminal.  i'm sorry but if someone hacked into my personal info including CC numbers and such, i would 1. sue the hell out of him for everything he has, everything he had and sue his offspring and 2. have about 10 minutes locked in a room with just him and i'd beat my frustrations out on him.

also a lot of people have said that all he stole was $45 or that if they wre the person that did that to him, they would've robbed him for all he was worth and so forth.  i'm sorry but my identity was stolen a couple of years ago and it took over a year to get everything straightened out.  i'm still fighting to get a lot of stuff cleared off my credit report and no the cops or the FBI for that matter haven't caugth the arse for doing this to me.   unless stuff like this happens to you guys, you'll never know the headaches you go through just to clear things off your credit card that you never made purchases for to begin with or even new credit cards you never applied for.  oh btw, my identity theft happened when some thugs came driving through the neighborhood and taking mail out of the mailboxes. 

Identity theft sucks, but as far as suing, on what grounds to you propose he does this?  You can't sue someone for theft (that I know of), it's a criminal offense, not a civil one.
Anyone a lawyer here?
Message 55 of 122 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Apr 2, 2008
i wish i would've read this sooner my account got hacked. i was currently at work when i received 2 emails confirming i had purchased a game from theplaystation store so i thought **bleep**? How is this possible if i am here at work and it IS IMPOSSIBLE for me to do that? So i checked out my email and ipurchased Medievil, a game i have never played in my life and you could imagine how pissed i was. Sure enough i called playstation as well as my bank toacknowledge this. My bank is currently investigating the problem, so the information is pending on my account, as soon as it goes through i have to make aclaim to my bank which they can contact Sony. I hope i have the same luck as you and i hope they catch whoever is doing this. It is really annoying as well asimmature. I want to enjoy all the benefits of my PS3 and the store without having to worry about who is stealing my information. To everyone else i hope this does not happen to you...
Photobucket
Message 56 of 122 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Apr 2, 2008

Well, I have to say that sony has proven themselves to be a great company, they have always turned out good products, but the qaulity of the ps3, the firmware updates and constantly improving the ps3, actually responding to emails in a day shows that this is an A+ company to deal with.  ''I'm a believer, yo''

Message 57 of 122 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7543 posts

Apr 2, 2008
I'm curious as to how people are hacking into other's accounts.  I would think it would be pretty secure.  Maybe Sony should limit transactions to only the console that matches up with the credit card or bank info.  It may be a pain in the butt to some, but it is much more of a pain when your identity gets stolen.
Message 58 of 122 (23 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1320 posts

Apr 2, 2008

Well I don't know why alot of people are giving SOOPERGOOMAN187 a bad time.  This is a very big deal.  I feel for you man.  I hope this guy who did this to you get's a view from somewhere he won't like.  Anytime you do identity theft, there will be consequences.  This is something that is known.  But with how easy it is to do these days, it's no wonder it happens.  I'm sure this so called hacker was sitting at home (or wherever) and thinking, "Cool, I can get some free stuff."  not realizing that he was really making a decision to be getting himself into some serious trouble.  I hope it all turns out right for you.  And sounds like Sony is taking care of the situation promptly.  Good job! 

Sony is not paying me to say this.  GOOD JOB SONY

NNN_NinjaSig
Message 59 of 122 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Apr 2, 2008
It's not really a hack like creating a program to hack into your playstation. YES SONY IS SECURE. but they are not going through that route. also note how sony is creating a new store layout.
Photobucket
Message 60 of 122 (23 Views)
0 Likes