Treasure Hunter
5543 posts

Re: PLAYSTATION Store Hacked, Thief Caught and BANNED!!

Mar 30, 2008
Yeah, it is official. I saw the news in GameSpot as well. Sony stated they fixed it. It seems there was a security hole. It didn't give access to the credit card details, but it did allow to download stuff from PSN. Very stupid anyhow the "hacker" using it. An IP address these times is like a digital signature. Everything is trackable (and it can be a federal crime as well. We don't want the FBI breathing in our necks, do we? )
----
- I'm not a Playstation fanboy. I'm a Micro$oft hater. It's different.
Message 31 of 122 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4184 posts

Mar 30, 2008
I am glad they caught that SCUMBAG. I deleted my auto pay info as well, I should have done it a long time ago. The only bad thing about deleting your auto pay info is that I forget the EXACT way I had my address or other info and now I cannot use that card anymore lol. O well, Visa gift card, here we come!!!
Photobucket

Message 32 of 122 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
319 posts

Mar 30, 2008

spork_man22 wrote:

SOOPERGOOMAN187 wrote:

I AM PRESSING CHARGES and am GOING TO SUE YOU AND TAKE YOUR MONEY from your wallet.(seems justified)

err...you're kinda new at this whole legal system thing aren't you? in the off chance that the judge didn't immediately throw out the case and you had a chance to present your argument and somehow get a settlement out of him, you would owe more money to your lawyer than this guy would owe to you. this isn't tv, you're not going to get a million dollars because some guy bought a $10 game with your info. that sucks that he got into your account and stole from you...but seriously, do you really think that 1. the guy reads these boards anyway, and 2. is going to be intimidated by your threats about how he'll NEVER BE ABLE TO PLAY ONLINE AGAIN (egads!). also i know you're trying to put on the drama to get a reaction out of people, but the fact that you say you couldn't buy your nephew anything for christmas because you were out $10 is a bit hard to believe....considering you own a 400+ ps3.

1. My lawyer is a best friend of my family. NO FEE unless I win the lawsuit.
2. I've checked my legal rights and I can press charges and sue for damages.
3. My Brother BOUGHT ME the PS3 for the Christmas Before this one, so NO I don't have $400+ $$
4. I will sue, then win and you will have to eat your words.
5. Sony never paid me anything except RESPECT!
6. This thread will be deleted upon MY request.
Message Edited by SOOPERGOOMAN187 on 03-30-2008 04:52 AM
Message Edited by Sir_Crono on 03-30-2008 02:59 PM
Photobucket
Message 33 of 122 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4782 posts

Mar 30, 2008

are you really gonna sue the person, if so

sue him/her for every penny he/she is worth!!

Message 34 of 122 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8365 posts

Mar 30, 2008
Glad to hear that!
My Youtube: Please Click and Sub
PS4 Day One Pre-Order
PS3 60 GB Owner Since 1/13/07-1/25/10 PS3 250 GB SLIM Owner Since 1/25/10
Message 35 of 122 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5335 posts

Mar 30, 2008
They should do more than just ban the guy from online play.  He possibly had access to your personal info/cc info (yes i know just the last 4 digits) and was able to spend funds out of your wallet.  There's a number of offenses their including identity theft which is big these days.  Send him to jail.

Photobucket
Message 36 of 122 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Mar 30, 2008

Vicx wrote:
can you really sue over $10?
Yep, you can sue for/over anything.  Honestly I doubt he'll get much suing for damages though.  Personally I'd just push for the persuing of criminal charges, hacking an account is a criminal offense.  It might not get the OP money for his troubles, but he's already been reimbursed by Sony and I think seeing the perpetrator punished would be more satisfying than a couple of bucks.  Just my opinion.
Message 37 of 122 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1869 posts

Mar 30, 2008
i hope they keep catching the other "hackers."
want to win cool stuff for free? PM ME for INFO!
Message 38 of 122 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3694 posts

Mar 30, 2008
It was accually me! (jk) atleast he was caught and banned.
Photobucket
Message 39 of 122 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Mar 31, 2008

Rekmon wrote:

Vicx wrote:
can you really sue over $10?
Yep, you can sue for/over anything.  Honestly I doubt he'll get much suing for damages though.  Personally I'd just push for the persuing of criminal charges, hacking an account is a criminal offense.  It might not get the OP money for his troubles, but he's already been reimbursed by Sony and I think seeing the perpetrator punished would be more satisfying than a couple of bucks.  Just my opinion.

Ok OP keep us updated with the lawsuit, I wana know how it turns out. It could be good news for Sony, good way to set an example and maybe discourage others from hacking.

Message 40 of 122 (17 Views)
0 Likes