Jan 16 2013
By: WHO-D-O First Son 2 posts

PLAYSTATION 4 IDEA

[ Edited ]
6 replies 261 views Edited Jan 16, 2013

For the new gaming system this is what should be implemented immediately as the future of gaming is within my mind a 100% digital gaming system.  So lets get away from the need to have a hard drive and disks.  Use a cloud based data storing system which will store all user gameplay pertaining to that game.  When I say gameplay I mean autosave records, stats, continuations, etc.  If we go to this particular system we would no longer need disks.  This will entirely change the current business model in place however its TIME FOR A CHANGE INNOVATIVELY.  This change will no longer need for the production of disks, "money saved, we don't have to lose jobs as we will update the manufacturing and distributions roles within our business operations. 

With no disks we might lose some money due the fact that users will not have to replace their disk, this is a fact.....

The user will go online so there will be no more needed vendors to sell our games retail, everything now on would be dealt with solely with our site here at Sony.  This saves us money, this is a fact....

Users will go online or via the PS4 itself and purchase game for example User X wants to purchase nba2k14.  UserX go on www.sonyps4.com User X selects game he wants PS4 and cloud system accepts redemption code, and at this point user gains accesss to full game with ONLINE MODES, etc.  Users gameplay continues where he/she left off, record, stats, quits, etc, cloud is fully functional game server.   

Never another need manufacture another hard drive, "money saved, fact..."

From the future of gaming,

I AM

Mario Davis (currently entertaining all offers of employment)

Message 1 of 7 (261 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: PLAYSTATION 4 IDEA GameON

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

Ok so I can't stop thinking about being able to share my ideas concerning SONY INNOVATION GAMING.  Ok so to build of of the aforementioned PS4($ChaChing$) Console IDEA how about a strictly gaming TV as well to accompany this idea.  Just make a TV start at 42 inches strictly connecting to the cloud which also would have a port for the remotes.  So the gaming TV would be the PS4 as well. 

Youd power it on like a  playstation and get to playing via the cloud.  The Future of Gaming is in my MIND

WHO's COmInG WiTH Me...

IAM

Mario Davis, (Currently entertaining all offers of employment)

Message 2 of 7 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Jan 21, 2013

I aint buying no new tv... but this is the wrong forum section to post your "idea's" in.

Try here instead http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/

YB

Message 3 of 7 (218 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jan 23, 2013

Sony is already several steps ahead of you..... they purchased Gaikai sometime ago.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 4 of 7 (197 Views)
VP of Gaming
29169 posts

Re: PLAYSTATION 4 IDEA

[ Edited ]
Jan 24, 2013

WHO-D-O wrote:

For the new gaming system this is what should be implemented immediately as the future of gaming is within my mind a 100% digital gaming system.

Every time I see the argument that "no discs=savings passed on to the consumer= cheaper games", I always point out that it's a complete and utter FALLACY. Yes, the industry will save money, however you won't. It will mean less competition, and game prices will stay unchanged.

Message 5 of 7 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
11145 posts

Jan 24, 2013

Strictly cloud based?  Not going to happen, and is a very bad idea.  Cloud gaming means you have to be connected to the PSN at all times when you want to play a game.

Maintenence and other outages notwithstanding, if the PSN were to ever disappear for whatever reason (i.e. Out of Business), you'd have a completely useless game system that you paid hundreds of dollars for.

Message 6 of 7 (171 Views)
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 24, 2013
Apparently Sony thought about making the PS4 only online based, but they came to the realization that not all areas of the world have access to broadband internet. Perhaps the generation after the PS4, but it is still too early for a console without a physical medium option...
Message 7 of 7 (152 Views)
0 Likes