Jun 05 2013
By: JMBlakk Hekseville Citizen 367 posts

PC Games coming to PS4

14 replies 1504 views Edited Jun 5, 2013

This week we get another 2 PC games plus DCUO coming to the PS4. Whats crazy is that these are really good PC games that are Free 2 Play coming to console. With now  Primal Carnage, WarFrame, Planetside 2, and DCUO, I wonder if other games like The Secret World and Starwars: TOR will fellow trend. 

I also would like to know if players in DCUO on the PS3 will be able to play with PS4 users. Will players be able to switch between their PS3 and PS4 or will you be force to play on the PS4 once you upgrade your account.

I am glad to see these game come to the PS4 and hope that they are compatible with remote play and/or cross controller. I hope Sony also gives us some good Vita news as well.

I am excited for E3 even more now since these were offically release days before E3 like thats not a big deal. Sony I want to see a BIG DEAL!!!

Playstation Money
SHAREfactory 5x1
Message 1 of 15 (1,504 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Re: PC Games coming to PS4

Jun 5, 2013

"really good PC games that are Free 2 Play" .... ???

Primal Carnage - not F2P, not all that good.

Warframe - definitely a nice addition

PlanetSide 2 - it's a Sony product, so not surprising

DCUO - already a PS3 game, so not a big deal.

So really the only major announcement was Warframe. PS2 was a given. DCUO is already available on a Sony platform, and Primal Carnage is no different than any other non-f2p, non-mmo indie game coming to a console.

Guess I just don't see what the big deal is.

Message 2 of 15 (1,489 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10771 posts

Jun 5, 2013
Tribes: Ascend would get my attention.
Message 3 of 15 (1,477 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

Jun 5, 2013

I didn't like DCUO.  Really the only pc games I'd like to see come to the ps4 is Planetside 2 and Star trek Online., and of course any Valve game that is released.

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 4 of 15 (1,464 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Jun 6, 2013

I really don't play PC games thats why I have a PS3. Im just saying with all these games coming from PC this system is gonna be loaded with games at launch. They might have the biggest game library launch in history. 

Playstation Money
SHAREfactory 5x1
Message 5 of 15 (1,431 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Jun 6, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:
Tribes: Ascend would get my attention.

You and me both. Heart Tribes Heart I used to play Tribes online on PS2 and was playing Tribes: Ascend with my son last year or maybe the year before. He actually was saying the other day, "You know what we haven't played in awhile and need to play? Tribes."

I'd be all over that.

Message 6 of 15 (1,426 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

Jun 6, 2013
The only PC to console port I'm looking forward to a lot is FFXIV: A Realm Reborn. I've tried dozens upon dozens of MMOs and haven't like any of them except for FFXIV and FFXI.
My PSN
Message 7 of 15 (1,420 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2443 posts

Jun 6, 2013
Infinite crisis or League of Legends would be awesome. I wonder if Riot would ever do that though.
Message 8 of 15 (1,411 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Jun 6, 2013

GnomeWizard wrote:
Infinite crisis or League of Legends would be awesome. I wonder if Riot would ever do that though.

I wouldn't be able to get my son off the PS4 if they brought that over. Heck he'd probably sneak my Vita to bed for remote play. I've never played the game, but it looks like touch controls might work on a game like this if done right.

Message 9 of 15 (1,405 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Jun 6, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

GnomeWizard wrote:

I wouldn't be able to get my son off the PS4 if they brought that over. Heck he'd probably sneak my Vita to bed for remote play. I've never played the game, but it looks like touch controls might work on a game like this if done right.

Not at all. The major MOBAs (LoL, Dota 2) would be impossible with a gamepad and with touch controls. They'd have to completely change the way movement, targeting, and attacking is done - basically the entire game mechanics would have to change.

There's only one MOBA I know of that does not use a click-to-move scheme, but I can't remember the name right now...not sure it's even released yet. In order for a MOBA to work on a console, you'd need to handle it like a twin-stick shooter - left analog to move, right analog to aim.

Awesomenauts would probably be the closest you'd get (as it's a 2D platformer)...at least with what's out right now.

Message 10 of 15 (1,403 Views)
0 Likes