Survivor
2456 posts

Re: PC Games coming to PS4

Jun 6, 2013
They could figure out how to make league of legends work with a controller and they have that new touch pad too. Or they could just work on a MOBA like Smite but for the ps4.
Message 11 of 15 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Jun 6, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

UnrealButcher wrote:

GnomeWizard wrote:
Infinite crisis or League of Legends would be awesome. I wonder if Riot would ever do that though.

I wouldn't be able to get my son off the PS4 if they brought that over. Heck he'd probably sneak my Vita to bed for remote play. I've never played the game, but it looks like touch controls might work on a game like this if done right.

Not at all. The major MOBAs (LoL, Dota 2) would be impossible with a gamepad and with touch controls. They'd have to completely change the way movement, targeting, and attacking is done - basically the entire game mechanics would have to change.

There's only one MOBA I know of that does not use a click-to-move scheme, but I can't remember the name right now...not sure it's even released yet. In order for a MOBA to work on a console, you'd need to handle it like a twin-stick shooter - left analog to move, right analog to aim.

Awesomenauts would probably be the closest you'd get (as it's a 2D platformer)...at least with what's out right now.

Sir as a game designer I say the Vector graphics were once impossible today its LoL/Dota2. WE ALWAYS FIND A WAY FOR $60-$70.

With a touchpad we can make a MOBA with less constraints then Guardians of Middle Earth had. (Here is a freebie) Possible control schemes for vita could be rear touchpad for conventional movement click to move, click to target  shapes can be abilities triggers summoners skills d pad could be used for free movement as in LoL you can hold left mouse to free move already. (end freebie pay me for more). The possibilities are there and easily accessible. SO yeah in your face jk.

我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Message 12 of 15 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Jun 6, 2013

balmungfury wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:

UnrealButcher wrote:

GnomeWizard wrote:
Infinite crisis or League of Legends would be awesome. I wonder if Riot would ever do that though.

I wouldn't be able to get my son off the PS4 if they brought that over. Heck he'd probably sneak my Vita to bed for remote play. I've never played the game, but it looks like touch controls might work on a game like this if done right.

Not at all. The major MOBAs (LoL, Dota 2) would be impossible with a gamepad and with touch controls. They'd have to completely change the way movement, targeting, and attacking is done - basically the entire game mechanics would have to change.

There's only one MOBA I know of that does not use a click-to-move scheme, but I can't remember the name right now...not sure it's even released yet. In order for a MOBA to work on a console, you'd need to handle it like a twin-stick shooter - left analog to move, right analog to aim.

Awesomenauts would probably be the closest you'd get (as it's a 2D platformer)...at least with what's out right now.

Sir as a game designer I say the Vector graphics were once impossible today its LoL/Dota2. WE ALWAYS FIND A WAY FOR $60-$70.

With a touchpad we can make a MOBA with less constraints then Guardians of Middle Earth had. (Here is a freebie) Possible control schemes for vita could be rear touchpad for conventional movement click to move, click to target  shapes can be abilities triggers summoners skills d pad could be used for free movement as in LoL you can hold left mouse to free move already. (end freebie pay me for more). The possibilities are there and easily accessible. SO yeah in your face jk.

Wow, did you even read what I wrote? As I said, it would involve MAJOR changes to the game mechanics...which is exactly what you just outlined. So thanks for agreeing with me!

As such, they might as well make a new game for consoles rather than just port over their existing game. LoL is certainly more doable than Dota, as it's more noob-friendly, but it would still be a major overhaul of the systems currently in place.

PS. I'm a game designer too. Cheers!

Message 13 of 15 (311 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11370 posts

Jun 6, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:
You and me both. Heart Tribes Heart I used to play Tribes online on PS2 and was playing Tribes: Ascend with my son last year or maybe the year before. He actually was saying the other day, "You know what we haven't played in awhile and need to play? Tribes."

I'd be all over that.

Tribes (Aerial Assault, I think it was?) was okay on PS2, but man, the original Tribes, Tribes 2 and Tribes: Vengeance were absolutely perfect as far as multiplayer battles.  Of course, maybe that's just the kb/m aspect of it.  Nothing like launching a disc into the mist and being rewarded with kill, when your opponent never even saw it coming...  Tribes was the game that introduced me to capture and hold and rabbit game modes...  man those were fun.  When I saw that Starhawk had capture the flag, I just had to give it a go.  Being able to score with your flag not being present, though...  ugh.  Tribes got that perfect, though...  many matches went on forever tied at zero because both flags were missing, and the flag carriers were just running around trying to hide.

Tribes 2:  The origin of the 'Yard Sale'...  blow up a heavy-armored player and watch all of his weapons spread out across a couple of acres...  Yeah, Starhawk has this, too, but it's not quite the same.

Message 14 of 15 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 6, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

balmungfury wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:

UnrealButcher wrote:

GnomeWizard wrote:

Wow, did you even read what I wrote? As I said, it would involve MAJOR changes to the game mechanics...which is exactly what you just outlined. So thanks for agreeing with me!

As such, they might as well make a new game for consoles rather than just port over their existing game. LoL is certainly more doable than Dota, as it's more noob-friendly, but it would still be a major overhaul of the systems currently in place.

PS. I'm a game designer too. Cheers!

I was mostly pointing out that a touchpad is more mouse like and therefore MOBA like Lol/dota2 are more easily portable due to the touchpad not requiring whole new mechanics for them treat it like a trackpad. More importantly, FSO FTW.

我わくう我わこう我わじん我わ人不つるぎにてすべてのつみをかりとり悪をめつする
PSNID:BalmungTaichou
Vita owner PS4 owner(hopefully)
Message 15 of 15 (300 Views)
0 Likes