Feb 04 2014
By: AdamKennerley First Son 2 posts

Owned the Xbox One since day one, bought a PS4 yesterday...

[ Edited ]
9 replies 488 views Edited Feb 4, 2014

Gotta say so far I'm enjoying the PS4 a lot more, I've only spent £40 on one game: Killzone and the other 7 games I've played are all free, 2 in paticular I enjoy a lot are Don't die, such a simple yet addicting and wierd game and DC Universe Online.

I'm not new to PS as I used to own a PS3 a good few year ago but sold it in favour of using the 360, I'm not sure if I'm missing out on things on the PS4 but I thought I'd post this thread and ask if anyone has any suggestions for me to enjoy my experience more, not entirely sure what the PS4 is fully capable of and most retail games I already own on the One.

Edit: Updated Labels. Learn more about Labels here. -HS

Message 1 of 10 (488 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
514 posts

Re: Owned the Xbox One since day one, bought a PS4 yesterday...

Feb 4, 2014

Well, what games do you have on your Xbox One? If you don't have these, I'd recommend...

Assassn's Creed IV

Battlefield 4 (if you can look past the issues, it is still a solid online based shooter)

Tomb Raider DE

Need for Speed if you like racers

Outlast is also out today, so you may want to check into that, and look into Warframe if you haven't already/haven't already played on the PC. There's also Knack, but I personally cannot recommend it.

Message 2 of 10 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4754 posts

Feb 4, 2014
War thunder I highly recommend if you like flight Sims

Message 3 of 10 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1634 posts

Feb 4, 2014
I also suggest Resogun if you haven't tried it already as it is still free for ps+ members. It is a fun arcade type game if you like those type of games.
Message 4 of 10 (382 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1558 posts

Feb 4, 2014

Congratulations! So glad you are enjoying your PS4. Out of all the games if you don't have AC4 get it, you won't be disappointed. It should keep you busy while waiting for the other games which are soon to be out.

Message 5 of 10 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11734 posts

Feb 5, 2014

Resogun is one of the best games you can find on the PlayStation 4 at the moment. Flower is an excellent game, especially if you haven't experienced the PlayStation 3 version in the years before. Sound Shapes is another quality title available on the PlayStation 4. As far as exclusives go, the only other ones that come to mind (as far as titles you won't find on the Xbox One) would include the likes of Tiny Brains, Doki-Doki Universe, flOw, and of course Knack. The launch roster otherwise isn't going to be much different immediately, but in time this will surely change.

Message 6 of 10 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1462 posts

Feb 5, 2014
PS4 is awesome. I'm an xbox convert and happy I switched. Definitely get Tomb Raider DE.
Message 7 of 10 (294 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10911 posts

Feb 5, 2014

I highly recommend Knack if you like platformers...  heavy, heavy inspiration from games like Crash Bandicoot, Jak and Daxter and Spyro the Dragon, both in animation style and gameplay.

As pointed out, Resogun is an arcade-style twin-stick shooter sort of in the same vein as the old arcade game 'Defender' (1982, I think?).

Both of these games really show off the power of the PS4's graphics and physics engines.

Message 8 of 10 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1493 posts

Feb 5, 2014

Welcome back you will notice that the ps4 is graphicly better,and the online not as bad as they say..But xbl is still betterYou"re going to have a ball on both .XBL Ag3nt Slug3r PSN Ag3nt_Slug3r 

Message 9 of 10 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
249 posts

Feb 5, 2014

Warframe is another free to play that is incredibly fun once you get into it. It doesn't have much of a tutorial and can be confusing at first but take a little time to learn about it via the Wiki or the Warframe website and you'll find it is a very deep and enjoyable shooter with some RPG elements and somewhat of an MMO feel due to the community playing it. For me it's right up there with BF4 and AC4 as far as overall enjoyment goes. If you have 3 other people to play it with it's even better.

Message 10 of 10 (249 Views)
0 Likes