Fender Bender
4437 posts

Re: Overall, Sony didn't lie

Jul 22, 2005

,Cabbage wrote:

,Aleman wrote:
You guys are both nubs.  Wait until Monday and you can do some real comparisons (after the 360 unveiling).

Real comparisons, not really, you have games that will be show that will have been in development longer than the clearly still raw games shown on the PS3

ahhh that's true.
Message 31 of 175 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4451 posts

Jul 22, 2005

,Aleman wrote:
You guys are both nubs.  Wait until Monday and you can do some real comparisons (after the 360 unveiling).

Microsoft has a history of completely "underwhelming" people with demos.  They should be able to have similar demos on Monday, but for some reason, I will not be surprised if they don't.
Message 32 of 175 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4437 posts

Jul 22, 2005

,Smoooff Ed wrote:

,Aleman wrote:

Microsoft has a history of completely "underwhelming" people with demos.  They should be able to have similar demos on Monday, but for some reason, I will not be surprised if they don't.

True.  Halo looked like ass at E3 2001.
Message 33 of 175 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9342 posts

Jul 22, 2005

Aleman wrote:

Smoooff Ed wrote:

Aleman wrote:

I,think MS saw the reaction to sonys E3 conference and will put out,something to give the people something to sink their teeth into

Message Edited by Cabbage on 07-22-2005 03:53 PM

However, this is actually part of my sig.
Message 34 of 175 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4437 posts

Jul 22, 2005
I hope they don't show any CGI.  All of their vids better have a "real-time" disclaimer at the beginning (like Project Force IIRC).
Message 35 of 175 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4451 posts

Jul 22, 2005

,Cabbage wrote:

,Aleman wrote:

,Smoooff Ed wrote:

,Aleman wrote:

I think MS saw the reaction to sonys E3 conference and will put out something to give the people something to sink their teeth into

Message Edited by Cabbage on 07-22-2005 03:53 PM

Yeah, I would hope that they will do that...but at the same time, I'm not overly optimistic.  As someone else mentioned, these games should be very far along in development, so they should look incredible.  Yet at E-3, many games were crap.  Can they improve them that much in two months...sure.  But remember that developers were having problems with the "beta" development kits MS shipped out after E3.  There are reasons to believe that the progress won't be there.
Message 36 of 175 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9342 posts

Jul 22, 2005

Aleman wrote:
I hope they don't show,any CGI.  All of their vids better have a "real-time" disclaimer,at the beginning (like Project Force IIRC).

That was Lair with the Disclaimer
However, this is actually part of my sig.
Message 37 of 175 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4437 posts

Jul 22, 2005
I bet they show Perfect Dark and it looks like an Xbox 1 game with lots of normal and bump mapping.

If they were smart, they would show Ninety Nine Nights, more Gears of War, and Oblivion.  Also show some in-game PGR3 to prove those screenshots are achievable.  Save an impressive looking Halo 3 teaser for TGS and they're set.
Message 38 of 175 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2427 posts

Jul 22, 2005

,Aleman wrote:
I bet they show Perfect Dark and it looks like an Xbox 1 game with lots of normal and bump mapping.

If they were smart, they would show Ninety Nine Nights, more Gears of War, and Oblivion.  Also show some in-game PGR3 to prove those screenshots are achievable.  Save an impressive looking Halo 3 teaser for TGS and they're set.

I would like it if they run the actual 360 hardware at the show. It's like 3 more months till the launch, surely they must have the actual hardware ready by now (or at least a working prototype).,
Real Time Weapon Change for Massive Damage!!
Message 39 of 175 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
854 posts

Jul 22, 2005

Aleman wrote:

If,they were smart, they would show Ninety Nine Nights, more Gears of War,,and Oblivion.  Also show some in-game PGR3 to prove those,screenshots are achievable.  Save an impressive looking Halo 3,teaser for TGS and they're set.

That's what,I'm expecting too.  They don't have much time left, and I doubt,they will waste time on making a demo for the public.  Like you,said earlier, Halo looked like ass (even worse then ass) before it was,released, and I expect the same to be true of PD0.
Message 40 of 175 (0 Views)
0 Likes