Gaming Beast
2427 posts

Re: Overall, Sony didn't lie

Jul 22, 2005

From another angle (FFX):

Not as good as these:

Edit:

Sorry folks the FF8 direct link image aint working. Best you view it at http://www.rpgdreamer.com/ff8/ 

Keep in mind that even FF8 CGI had individual moving hair, something that has not yet been achieve in real time FFX characters.

I'm not trying to attack the PS3, but I can't simply see how PS3 it can achieve the same quality as the CGI in FFX.

Message Edited by Pirateguy on 07-22-2005 01:21 PM

Real Time Weapon Change for Massive Damage!!
Message 21 of 175 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2795 posts

Jul 22, 2005
yet the Xbox360 can achive that right?
Message 22 of 175 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2427 posts

Jul 22, 2005

,Traiklin wrote:
yet the Xbox360 can achive that right?

Says who? ,
Message 23 of 175 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8277 posts

Jul 22, 2005

,Pirateguy wrote:

Not as good as these:

Edit:

Sorry folks the FF8 direct link image aint working. Best you view it at http://www.rpgdreamer.com/ff8/ 

Keep in mind that even FF8 CGI had individual moving hair, something that has not yet been achieve in real time FFX characters.

I'm not trying to attack the PS3, but I can't simply see how PS3 it can achieve the same quality as the CGI in FFX.

OMGLOL.  Those are screenshots of PS1 pre-rendered movies.  We are talking about the PS2 FFVIII tech demo here, remember?  I dunno why I am wasting time on someone who can't even tell the difference between PS1 pre-rendered vid and PS2 tech demo. 

By the way, FFX/X-2, Tekken Tag/4/5, GT3/4 all look much better than the PS2 tech demos that Sony showed before they released the PS2.  Pay attention to the FFVIII part in the tech demo, Riona and Squall didn't have "individual moving hair".  I've seem much better hair movement in MGS3.

I guess you haven't played MGS3 and GOW.  Do you even own a PS2?  Probably not, because if you have a PS2 you wouldn't have said things like "I hope Microsoft buys God of War". 

Message 24 of 175 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5098 posts

Jul 22, 2005

,Llama Herder wrote:

,Pirateguy wrote:

Not as good as these:

Edit:

OMGLOL.  Those are screenshots of PS1 pre-rendered movies.  We are talking about the PS2 FFVIII tech demo here, remember?  I dunno why I am wasting time on someone who can't even tell the difference between PS1 pre-rendered vid and PS2 tech demo. 

By the way, FFX/X-2, Tekken Tag/4/5, GT3/4 all look much better than the PS2 tech demos that Sony showed before they released the PS2.  Pay attention to the FFVIII part in the tech demo, Riona and Squall didn't have "individual moving hair".  I've seem much better hair movement in MGS3.

I guess you haven't played MGS3 and GOW.  Do you even own a PS2?  Probably not, because if you have a PS2 you wouldn't have said things like "I hope Microsoft buys God of War". 

Message 25 of 175 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2427 posts

Jul 22, 2005

,Llama Herder wrote:

,Pirateguy wrote:

Not as good as these:

Edit:

See that? Attack of the fanboy. Just SAD.
Message 26 of 175 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4437 posts

Jul 22, 2005
You guys are both nubs.  Wait until Monday and you can do some real comparisons (after the 360 unveiling).
Message 27 of 175 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

Jul 22, 2005
They don't lie?  LOL.
Message 28 of 175 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5098 posts

Jul 22, 2005

,LostInMuff wrote:
They don't lie?  LOL.

did u even read the 1st post......

Message 29 of 175 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9342 posts

Jul 22, 2005

Aleman wrote:
You guys are both nubs.  Wait until Monday and you can do some real comparisons (after the 360 unveiling).

Real,comparisons, not really, you have games that will be shown that will,have been in development longer than the clearly still raw games shown,on the PS3

Message Edited by Cabbage on 07-22-2005 03:50 PM

However, this is actually part of my sig.
Message 30 of 175 (9 Views)
0 Likes