Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

Re: Overall, Sony didn't lie

Jul 22, 2005
PS3 is going to be a success, they have achieved many goals to this day with there consoles. I will always remain a Playstation Gamer. I don't think I will ever touch or see an X-BOX or Gamecube. I stick with Sony games and I will always be a fan of there games ever since day 1. Thank you Sony, for making me hooked on your fun addictive games ,
Message 11 of 175 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3558 posts

Jul 22, 2005
I have always supported Sony while people doubted them.,
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 175 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2795 posts

Jul 22, 2005

Aleman wrote:
The graphics look damn sexy so far.

But,they did lie yesterday.  They said the Genji footage for PS3 was,real-time, but it turned out to be CGI from the PS2 version. ,Whoops.

giving the benafit of the doubt,,maybe they were planning on having a demo from Genji PS3 running on,there but the ones working on it didn't have time to finish it so they,needed something (forgetting we actually PLAY these games) they slipped,that in for the filler and claimed it was for PS3.
,but oh well, it was one oversite. The rest of the vids were badass, and,if Gundam can run that well (granted there was no AI, physics or,anything else going on) then who knows what's truely possible (maybe,even killzone is, cause let's face it, 5 months on a demo is not enough,time to optomize a game like that on brand new hardware).
Message 13 of 175 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7811 posts

Jul 22, 2005
In Sony We Trust!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 14 of 175 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9342 posts

Jul 22, 2005
I didnt really doubt the graphics of the system, now lets see if half of those features materialize
However, this is actually part of my sig.
Message 15 of 175 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
144 posts

Jul 22, 2005
Xbox and GC fanboys were the ones who started calling Sony a lier over E3 cause they didn't want to believe what they saw.

After all Square said if they had more time they could have made and even better looking demo of FFVII.

Message 16 of 175 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8277 posts

Jul 22, 2005

,Aleman wrote:

But they did lie yesterday.  They said the Genji footage for PS3 was real-time, but it turned out to be CGI from the PS2 version.  Whoops.

The Final Fantasy VIII dance scene was pre-rendered on PS1 but when Sony showed the PS2 tech demo they used the same FFVIII dance scene, and it was real-time.  The whole point of the Genji demo was to show that the PS3 will be able to render PS2 CGI quality in real time, just like the FFVIII PS2 tech demo.
Message 17 of 175 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2427 posts

Jul 22, 2005

,Llama Herder wrote:

,Aleman wrote:

But they did lie yesterday.  They said the Genji footage for PS3 was real-time, but it turned out to be CGI from the PS2 version.  Whoops.

The Final Fantasy VIII dance scene was pre-rendered on PS1 but whenSony showed the PS2 tech demo they used the same FFVIII dance scene, and it was real-time.  The whole point of the Genji demo was to show that the PS3 will be able to render PS2 CGI quality in real time, just like the FFVIII PS2 tech demo.

The problem here that its just a tech demo. I played Final Fantasy X, nothing in that game had graphics (real-time) that even approach the quality that was shown in Final Fantasy VIII pre-rendece dance scene.
Real Time Weapon Change for Massive Damage!!
Message 18 of 175 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8277 posts

Jul 22, 2005

,Pirateguy wrote:

,Llama Herder wrote:

,Aleman wrote:

The Final Fantasy VIII dance scene was pre-rendered on PS1 but whenSony showed the PS2 tech demo they used the same FFVIII dance scene, and it was real-time.  The whole point of the Genji demo was to show that the PS3 will be able to render PS2 CGI quality in real time, just like the FFVIII PS2 tech demo.

The problem here that its just a tech demo. I played Final Fantasy X, nothing in that game had graphics (real-time) that even approach the quality that was shown in Final Fantasy VIII pre-rendece dance scene.

FFX is more detailed than the FFVIII PS2 tech demo.  MGS3 blew FFX and the PS2 tech demo out of the water.

Message 19 of 175 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jul 22, 2005
Since when does sony LIE? Okay, so they lie, but not about their consoles ,
Keep it Simple......Keep it Crunk
Message 20 of 175 (0 Views)
0 Likes