Limit Breaker
27123 posts

Re: Overall, Sony didn't lie

Jul 23, 2005

,ludatic wrote:

ive always backed sony 100 %,  and will continue to, 

Bill Gates plays ps2,  and has ps3 preordered,,  ( The silver 1)

I have done the same!,
Message 91 of 175 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7495 posts

Jul 23, 2005

Jak_the_man wrote:

Bergey wrote:

Streetdisciple wrote:

Aleman wrote:
The graphics look damn sexy so far.

But,they did lie yesterday.  They said the Genji footage for PS3 was,real-time, but it turned out to be CGI from the PS2 version. ,Whoops.

Sony wouldn't have,show that if they didn't not belive it could be done, and after seeing,what could be done, i have no problemwith them putting in CGI since,that level is reachable

lolololololololololololol,,yeah right. remember back at PS2's launch with the namco girl, or,whatever she was called? Sony has a major habit of over-promising and,under-delivering. I'm not saying they suck or anything, they do put out,quality products, but they grossly exaggerate their products.

go,watch the metal gear solid 4 teaser, the namco girl was just the model,on a white background, mgs 4's teaser was done on teh ps2 and had alot,of characters which looked just as good.

you act as if i haven't seen the trailer before...
Message 92 of 175 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15686 posts

Jul 23, 2005
then why complain?
Message 93 of 175 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
536 posts

Jul 23, 2005

,Life-or-Death wrote:

,ludatic wrote:

ive always backed sony 100 %,  and will continue to, 

Bill Gates plays ps2,  and has ps3 preordered,,  ( The silver 1)

I have done the same!,

,null,

lol thats full of irony, Bill Gates. Daddy of Xbox preordering PS3. Whatta hell is he thinking? .. (anything to support sony, lol)

2% of the teenage population hasn't tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 98% that has or will try it. Please copy and paste this into your signature

Message 94 of 175 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2092 posts

Jul 23, 2005

pman8000 wrote:
The graphics are much worse than they said they would originally be at E3. Im disapointed, but im still getting it.

,Don't forget that they are still first gen Graphics... Now? What did,you say again? Worse? IMO i think those graphics look better than,anything we have today.
Message 95 of 175 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
235 posts

Jul 23, 2005
some people remember the demos for ps2 and specs that never replicated,in the final product. i remember the physics demo for ps1 b4 it came,out. i hope the ps3 doesn't continue this trend of broken promises.
Message 96 of 175 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
536 posts

Jul 23, 2005

,Aleman wrote:

,phoenixshard wrote:

,Aleman wrote:
I bet they show Perfect Dark and it looks like an Xbox 1 game with lots of normal and bump mapping.

If they were smart, they would show Ninety Nine Nights, more Gears of War, and Oblivion.  Also show some in-game PGR3 to prove those screenshots are achievable.  Save an impressive looking Halo 3 teaser for TGS and they're set.

It took 'em 3 years of development for Halo2.  I kinda doubt you'll see Halo 3 out anytime soon.  If they do, since the 360 is totally new hardware, I do believe there would be a lot of disappointed Halo fans around.

An MS exec let slip in an interview awhile ago that Halo 2 and 3 were in simultaneous development, which would explain the abrupt ending of Halo 2.  Time will tell.

,null,

It took Sony like 5 years to create the hardware for PS3. Well for MS it should be about the same. And MS knwoing that they have no real agmes to please their fanboys started making Halo 3 for next gen, so when 360 does come out, their fan boys wont turn away. Aint they thoughtful.

2% of the teenage population hasn't tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 98% that has or will try it. Please copy and paste this into your signature

Message 97 of 175 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9342 posts

Jul 23, 2005

thearbiter wrote:
some people remember the,demos for ps2 and specs that never replicated in the final product. i,remember the physics demo for ps1 b4 it came out. i hope the ps3,doesn't continue this trend of broken promises.

One question, why are you here all you do is jump on any chance to spout a negative about anything PS3 or Sony related.
,Do you share the same insecurities as the company in which you are obviously slanted towards

Message Edited by Cabbage on 07-23-2005 02:56 PM

However, this is actually part of my sig.
Message 98 of 175 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8277 posts

Jul 23, 2005

,thearbiter wrote:
some people remember the demos for ps2 and specs that never replicated in the final product. i remember the physics demo for ps1 b4 it came out. i hope the ps3 doesn't continue this trend of broken promises.

Speaking of broken promises.

Remember that people were bashing Sony for promising "Toy Story" graphics?  Do you know where they got that idea?  Read on...

"Toy Story-like graphics. 6.2 gigaflops at 300MHz. 75 million 3D transformations per second. 150 million pixels per second of image processing performance. Those were some of the numbers Sony threw around when the Emotion Engine was unveiled to the world. Oh and I was forgetting, Saddam Hussein acquired 4,000 PS2s to control unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) for use in ballistic missile research. A friend of a friend of my cousin told me that when the US found Saddam on the hole, he had a PlayStat?on 2 and a copy of Fantavision… "

Yup, it came from the one-and-only TeamXbox!   Notice that TeamXbox didn't even provide any proof that Sony promised Toy Story graphics. 

Want to see more broken promises?  Read on...

"After years of development, Microsoft has unveiled its highly anticipated Xbox gaming console, promising three times the graphics performance of its rivals and enough power to create real-time shadows, facial emotions and images previously only seen in movies such as "Toy Story."

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/fyi/gameroom/01/11/xbox.console.ap/

"One of the basic premises of the Xbox is to put the power in the hands of the artist," Blackley said, which is why Xbox developers "are achieving a level of visual detail you really get in 'Toy Story.'"

"The console will contain a 733-megahertz processor with 64 megabytes of random access memory (RAM).  The increased RAM will allow designers to create Xbox games that, they say will have Toy Story quality graphics, with images moving three times faster and smoother than that of its rival consoles."

These three articles came from CNN, CNET, and theanswerbank respectively.

Hmm, who should I believe?  CNN + CNET or TeamXbox? 
Message 99 of 175 (17 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
448 posts

Jul 24, 2005
yes i know i saw that i and i got excited all the games look great so far and none of them are even using the processor yet juss imagine when they have the processor goin with them it will be great to be a ps3 owner i can't wait,
Message 100 of 175 (17 Views)
0 Likes