Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 23 2011
By: pro_ballin2132 Hekseville Citizen 367 posts

Option to disable rear touch control?

6 replies 1086 views Edited Aug 23, 2011

I read an article on IGN during E3 that covered hands-on time with the Vita. The author talked about how cramped his fingers felt when holding the Vita; because, you can't touch the rear touch pad that takes up most of the back of the device or you might cuase an action on screen that you didn't intend to cause. Teh author mentioned that there were grips present on the back intended for your fingers, but it was still uncomfortable. 

I was just wondering if there has been any talk from developers about having the option to disable the rear touch pad, so you can spread your fingers out on the back more comfortably? I'm thinking about games that might not necessarily need the touch pad such as Uncharted or Call of Duty.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (1,086 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1685 posts

Re: Option to disable rear touch control?

Aug 24, 2011

I haven't heard anything... But that's something I hope for too. Could be a major annoyance for some games, I would almost expect it to be an option...

lensflare15 Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (1,086 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Aug 24, 2011

I hold my PSP that way anyway so I can't see it being a problem with the PSV, it is just a matter getting used to it. But I have read some reports that say the touch controls will be optional on some games.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (1,086 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
524 posts

Aug 24, 2011

Well, that would be logical, I just can't imagine how I'll play Killzone or COD with a rear touch pad... or a front touchscreen for that matter. I just can't fathom it!

Pro skill. Definition: Being too sexy at something for your own good.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (1,086 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
46 posts

Aug 26, 2011

I'm sure they will force the front screen on us like hack this computer to move on.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (1,086 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Sep 4, 2011

This seems like a logical feature; disabling the back touchpad

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (1,086 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 24, 2014
Is this possible yet ? I got vita for xmas and the rear touch screen is killing me. Makes for some extremely uncomfortable gaming.

Is there a way I can disable it. Personally I think its totally useless. I've not yet played a game where it is actually useful.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (701 Views)
0 Likes