Dec 25 2013
By: ArvindraHerod12 Wastelander 810 posts

Opinion on the 2013 PlayStation.Blog Game of the Year Awards - PS3 Game of the Year 2013

[ Edited ]
8 replies 228 views Edited Dec 25, 2013

I'm just going straight into the Playstation 3 section, seeing as how I only own a Playstation 3.

Platinum - Now, I am fully aware that these votes were all based upon what the players voted for. That being said, I'm glad The Last of Us

got the platinum award. I'm not going to lie, I've liked Naughty Dog games since I had a PlayStation. However, I'm starting to think the only reason it got that high because there haven't been that many excellent games that came out this year. The Last Of Us is a great game, sure, but it's not game of the year. I understand why you would vote for it, as you probably thought it was 10/10. I think for a Naughty Dog game it's fine, but that's just me. It's what I expected, and I had fairly high expectations from playing all of their past games. Overall, I know why it's up there and I would vote for it to be in that position too, but most likely for their not being that many good games this year. 

Gold - Moving on, I didn't like Grand Theft Auto V that much. I enjoyed Grand Theft Auto 4 a lot more. That's fine, it too has a reason for being on there.

Silver - For the silver award, I've never played Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch.

Bronze - As for the bronze award, I have yet to play BioShock Infinite. I heard it's excellent, but I can't say for myself.

Okay, I'm done with my opinion on the awards. 

What are your opinions on the awards?

and while I'm here, Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to everyone.

Message 1 of 9 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3501 posts

Re: Opinion on the 2013 PlayStation.Blog Game of the Year Awards - PS3 Game of the Year 2013

Dec 25, 2013

They nailed it.

First place is all that matters.

Second place is just the first loser.

Smiley Wink

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Message 2 of 9 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2504 posts

Re: Opinion on the 2013 PlayStation.Blog Game of the Year Awards - PS3 Game of the Year 2013

Dec 26, 2013
So what you're saying is the Last of Us and Grand Theft Auto V are overrated and Ni No Kuni and BioShock Infinate have been untouched by you so you have no opinion? This is quite substansial!
U R Not e . Enos Lives . PLAY B3YOND . ixnine . I love Nariko! . WipEout . Home . PlayStation Network . Tearaway . the Last of Us
Message 3 of 9 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4457 posts

Dec 26, 2013

I agreed with them. The Last of Us was def the best PS3 game this year. GTA5 was overrated and it's showing from many sites. The Last of Us has picked up many GOTY awards from lots of sites already with the chance to win more.

Message 4 of 9 (187 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12432 posts

Dec 26, 2013

I enjoyed The Last of Us. This is a solid action/adventure video game. Its single player campaign is, quite frankly, right up my alley but I don’t feel compelled to play its online multiplayer anymore. I really enjoyed Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch and even picked up the platinum trophy for it somewhere along the line. This is my personal 2013 game of the year. In my honest opinion, it was well worth the investment. I will eventually add Grand Theft Auto V to my video game collection (I have always liked these video games) but I don’t know if I can say the same about BioShock Infinite.  

PlayStation Consumer Services and Technical Support: 1-800-345-7669

PlayStation Account and Billing Support: 1-877-971-7669

Twitter: @Sweet13Poison | YouTube: Sweetest13Poison | Twitch: Sweet13Poison

Message 5 of 9 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
810 posts

Dec 26, 2013

bless u **bleep**

Message 6 of 9 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
810 posts

Dec 26, 2013

i dont think so

Message 7 of 9 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3344 posts

Dec 26, 2013

I'm glad that Ni No Kuni is getting some recognition on the Blog Awards. I hadn't really heard much about it, but what I had heard was all positive so I purchased it for $9.75 during the first week of the PSN Holiday Sales, and I absolutely love it so far. It seems like it's going to take forever to play, but overall I'm happy that it's not being completely overshadowed by the AAA blockbuster games that were expected to be on the list like TLoU and GTA.

Message 8 of 9 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11716 posts

Dec 26, 2013

The way I see it, The Last of Us is probably the first stub on everyone's voting ticket if say most people didn't buy or play other games that released during the year. For instance, I've never bought or played Grand Theft Auto V or BioShock Infinite, so I've been unable to place my vote toward those so-called spectacles if they ever had a fighting chance.

Having played the other two games on that list, however... while The Last of Us and Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch fall about even in terms of quality, I actually preferred Ni no Kuni with the overall direction the game went. The Last of Us played a lot like an Uncharted game. It's a stealth/action title with blended horror elements. You have the usual array of characters to bicker with or to save along the way. You have those slithering through the cracks moments. You have the large-scale shootouts and the powerful foes that present a challenge. It's a good game, but it feels much too samey for me.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch differently drew together various elements that made the game its own sort of experience. The battle system had a familiar yet distinctive challenge in the process of tackling. Switching between both human and familiars in real-time with the allotted time limit per usage was something kind of new. The story, while not the greatest I've ever played, was pretty good. The music, the characters, and of course the visuals were all splendid. This is my favorite PlayStation game for the year of 2013. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9 (144 Views)
0 Likes