PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: Opinion: It's time for Sony to consider a Vita price cut

Dec 22, 2012
There were two 320GB models the 2500 & 3000. The 2500 had a 250W power supply.
Message 521 of 527 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
23365 posts

Dec 22, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:
There were two 320GB models the 2500 & 3000. The 2500 had a 250W power supply.

thanksSmiley Happy

if i switch this ps3.. i'll be getting a more energy efficient ps3 then..

250W vs 190W

Smiley Happy

What Are Internet TROLLS and STALKERS ??
Before you Game Share Read Me
Can Not add funds to your Wallet ? Read me
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 522 of 527 (235 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 22, 2012

JuanMdP wrote:

da1writer wrote:

Didn't know this was the PS3 portion of the forum... way to go waaay off-topic people.

I guess people have realized a pricedrop of the handheld will not help the Vita but more games and possibly a memory card drop in price for those who don't save or work.

That's the thing though, price cut on the console alone won't help much since you are still looking at spending an extra $59.99 ~ $99.99 for a decent sized memcard. No matter what some people in this forum may want others to believe, an 8 GB memcard doesn't last long unless you are super casual about gaming~.

So yeah, things need to be priced more competitively. Because even if the PSV is worth its current price tag, other devices as attractive as the PSV are priced cheaper~.

I pretty much agree. Memory cards are currently discounted 20% at places like Best Buy and Amazon, and that sitll doesn't seem to be enough. IMO the memory cards need to be discounted at least 50% to make any headway.

Another problem I see is that the Vita doesn't have the same amount of "momentum" that the PSP had. While the PSP had plenty of momentum at the begininng from 3rd parties and accessories, the VIta doesn't have much of that at all. It might be able to turn that around in time, it is going to be difficult to accomplish. 

I think if Sony could do it all over again, I bet the Vita would have an Android based OS so that it could have plenty of apps to choose from. This certainly would have taken the pressure off of Sony to make all the apps themselves...

Message 523 of 527 (226 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6329 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 23, 2012

Actually, if you were to look up past documents found for the Vita hardware develpoment on the web, Android WAS an OS they were going to go for. Sadly, they chose not to due to the rampant piracy already on the android platform already - this is something Sony wanted to not deal with, again...

Message 524 of 527 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
23365 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2013

it's official now  .. for Japan

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/186812/The_PS_Vita_gets_a_price_drop_in_Japan.php

http://www.techhive.com/article/2028601/sony-trims-playstation-vita-price-by-one-third-in-japan.html

i think YEN is stronger than the dollar at the moment.. so i think that it will be $50 price drop for the US instead??   it would be about 1 yr since the release date?

first game to get for the vita?   Sly Cooper!!   i like it when the game is $30 and you can play it on the PS3 or the Vita!!  console and portable  in one..   now that's a reason to get both system.. since i can finish the game on the go instead of waiting until the weekend to continue playing it

sly cooper.png

If the PS4 can play   PSone, PS2 and PS3 games and support games allowing you playing on the console or the portable then it's a clear winner  ??? NO???

lol Smiley Happy.. maybe the February 20th news is all about the VITA price drop??    LOL..  or maybe  PS 3.5!!!..

**it's funny but i remember i had a bet with a guy from this forums about the PS4...  since  4th  is  "shi" means death in japanese.. so it's unlucky.

I'm saying that it will be a PS4.. like DMC4, MGS4, etc..  he stated that it will be named something else..

let see who's right.. :?

Message 525 of 527 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
23365 posts

Mar 8, 2013

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/188011/PS_Vita_sales_rocket_in_Japan_following_price_cut.php

PS Vita sales rocket in Japan following price cut

it's like that every price cut.. let see if it can maintain the same number 3-4 weeks after .. that's important

Message 526 of 527 (140 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13853 posts

Mar 8, 2013

No need to bump the thread just to say that, we already had two threads talking about this.

Message 527 of 527 (136 Views)
0 Likes