Uncharted Territory
1976 posts

Re: Opinion: It's time for Sony to consider a Vita price cut

Dec 4, 2012

peple are paying 300- 500$ for stupid phones that hey replace every year.. 

the vita should get a price drop to 200$  * 50$ off* 

and thats about it. Stop spending your 7$ for starbucks, or a new phone.. i mean really..*

Message 491 of 527 (109 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 6, 2012

dulun18 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:
GameStop and Best Buy will always give you store credit for the game and/or memory card you don't need, even more if you trade in during one of their promotions, so this shouldn't be an issue. If you trade in the game and memory card, you might be able to get at least another $20 off.

At Costco, like I said they aren't carrying any systems at all (except for that Halo 4 X360 online). I don't know what it has to do with, but Costco seems to undergo these cycles every now and then. It is certainly not a Sony issue...

:/  never bought anything from Gamestop since i started to play games..

I buy the system at costco and the games on amazon or newegg.

I don't believe in buying used or trade in   after selling all my PSone games to Gamecrazy for the first time..

as for costco and playstation system.. i dont' know..  it's like with apple itouch/ipad, i phone.. etc.. there's no apple products at costco..

the return policy at costco is too lenient.. maybe that's why apple decided to end the business deals.

i think it's the same with playstation game system now.. since it's been 8-9 months??  no system at all. in any of the costco stores in my area...

Costco is finally selling game hardware just in time for the holidays. In the store I only saw the X360 250GB (with 2 games) selling for $240. Online Costco also sells the WiiU, Nintendo 3DXL, and PS3. No Vita so far, maybe next year...

Message 492 of 527 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22609 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 8, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Costco is finally selling game hardware just in time for the holidays. In the store I only saw the X360 250GB (with 2 games) selling for $240. Online Costco also sells the WiiU, Nintendo 3DXL, and PS3. No Vita so far, maybe next year.

really??    all i see are Xbox   in the local store that i'm at!!!

i need to exchange my current PS3.. it's dying... took it 3-5 minutes to turn every now and then..

i want the SLIMMER version!! 

I got the PS3 Move Bundle way back!!.. $400 + TAX... 

:? what happended to EXCLUSIVE COSTCO bundle??

http://www.costco.com/playstation.html

why AC bundle??  i want 500GB but add something else!!.. 

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 493 of 527 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22609 posts

Dec 8, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

I believe the cloud is destined to be the wave of the future...

for personal files i'll stick with SSD.

for things that you can just download of the net.. i'll just dump them on external storage HDD..

Message 494 of 527 (67 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 8, 2012

dulun18 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Costco is finally selling game hardware just in time for the holidays. In the store I only saw the X360 250GB (with 2 games) selling for $240. Online Costco also sells the WiiU, Nintendo 3DXL, and PS3. No Vita so far, maybe next year.

really??    all i see are Xbox   in the local store that i'm at!!!

i need to exchange my current PS3.. it's dying... took it 3-5 minutes to turn every now and then..

i want the SLIMMER version!! 

I got the PS3 Move Bundle way back!!.. $400 + TAX... 

:? what happended to EXCLUSIVE COSTCO bundle??

http://www.costco.com/playstation.html

why AC bundle??  i want 500GB but add something else!!.. 

Sony is doing it different these last few years making a couple of universal bundles, and many other store specific ones. Costco bundles on VG hardware, usually has an extra controller or accessory included, but it still added to the final cost.

In the AC3 bundle, AC3 was basically added for free. Once Sony stops selling the bundle, the hardware would still retail for $300...

Message 495 of 527 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Dec 8, 2012
A price cut isn't going to do anything for the system in the long run. No one wants to pay the price the vita is retaild at because of the software available.
Message 496 of 527 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22609 posts

Dec 8, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

Sony is doing it different these last few years making a couple of universal bundles, and many other store specific ones. Costco bundles on VG hardware, usually has an extra controller or accessory included, but it still added to the final cost.

In the AC3 bundle, AC3 was basically added for free. Once Sony stops selling the bundle, the hardware would still retail for $300...

$300?/ 

honetstly.. i don't remember anymore.. too many bundles and price different..

$600 -> $400??  -> $250??...  is it correct??

there are 2 version right?  at the moment  it's  250GB and 500GB??  ??

**what i'm worried about is that will AC game will be bundled instead individually packed (like retailed packaging)..

it will be hard to sell on craiglist  (ebay and amazon has shipping and commission fees.. which i don't have time for..) gamestop.. i don't buy anything at game stop..  lol..

it would be nice if they package with the move bundle!!  500GB PS3 + Playsation Eye + Move Controller   for $300 Smiley Happy ???

Message 497 of 527 (36 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 9, 2012

dulun18 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

$300?/ 

honetstly.. i don't remember anymore.. too many bundles and price different..

$600 -> $400??  -> $250??...  is it correct??

there are 2 version right?  at the moment  it's  250GB and 500GB??  ??

**what i'm worried about is that will AC game will be bundled instead individually packed (like retailed packaging)..

it will be hard to sell on craiglist  (ebay and amazon has shipping and commission fees.. which i don't have time for..) gamestop.. i don't buy anything at game stop..  lol..

it would be nice if they package with the move bundle!!  500GB PS3 + Playsation Eye + Move Controller   for $300 Smiley Happy ???

There are 3 universal bundles available with the PS3:

Infamous Black Friday Bundle (250GB): (was $199 now "more")

Uncharted 3 GOTY bundle (250GB): $270

Assassins Creed 3 bundle (500GB): $300

There are also 2 superslim bundles that come with the Move, however they are store specific:

Epic Mickey 2 (250GB): $300 Target Exclusive

LBP Kart Racing (250GB) : $300 Walmart Exclusive

AC3 in the PS3 bundle does come in its retail packaging. You can verify this by watching an unboxing video on Youtube.

If you decide to get the AC3 bundle, you really should trade it into GameStop. Right now (until Dec. 16) they are giving $35 in store credit for that game, that is probably more that you can ever hope to get elsewhere. You just have to sign up for their powerup rewards program, which is free to join...

Message 498 of 527 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22609 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 9, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

There are also 2 superslim bundles that come with the Move, however they are store specific:

AC3 in the PS3 bundle does come in its retail packaging. You can verify this by watching an unboxing video on Youtube.

If you decide to get the AC3 bundle, you really should trade it into GameStop. Right now (until Dec. 16) they are giving $35 in store credit for that game, that is probably more that you can ever hope to get elsewhere. You just have to sign up for their powerup rewards program, which is free to join...

what's the stand alone price for 250GB     or 500GB  PS3  (slimmer version).   $200  and $250??

i wonder if anyone will buy AC3  for $50?? on craiglist?   if gamestop is giving $35 store credit for it?..  or maybe $45??

nevermind.. the AC bundle is sold out on costco.com..

it's still on amazon and newegg..

i don't know..   the ps3 is now 6 yers old.. ?? .. so no more revision right?..  maybe it's best to buy from amazon or newegg instead of costco??..

Message 499 of 527 (87 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 9, 2012

dulun18 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

what's the stand alone price for 250GB     or 500GB  PS3  (slimmer version).   $200  and $250??

i wonder if anyone will buy AC3  for $50?? on craiglist?   if gamestop is giving $35 store credit for it?..  or maybe $45??

nevermind.. the AC bundle is sold out on costco.com..

it's still on amazon and newegg..

i don't know..   the ps3 is now 6 yers old.. ?? .. so no more revision right?..  maybe it's best to buy from amazon or newegg instead of costco??..

The standalone price for the 250GB, "should be" $250 when it eventually sells unbundled. The $200 pricepoint was just a Black Friday only deal for the most part. I do expect that the 250GB hardware will drop to $200 sometime in 2013.

The AC3 bundle was probably the best value because you are basically getting the game for free.

Originally the AC3 bundle was to come with the PS3 Slim 320GB and sell for $300, and the standalone PS3 also sold for $300. When the 500GB superslim was announced, Sony replaced the 320GB PS3 Slim that was part of the AC3 bundle with the 500GB superslim.

I would be surprised if you could get more than $40 on Craigslist, it will probably sell for that amount in stores before long since games like AC3 sell very well at first and then drop off substantially.

Another option you may want to consider is trading your game into Amazon for store credit. This isn't the same as selling your game through Amazon, but trading it in to Amazon (simular to GameStop). Right now the current trade-in value for AC3 is $31.05. They even pay for the postage to send  the game back to them.

There shouldn't be any more major revisions to the PS3 console itself, just tweaks inside the system. It was surprising that Sony did a 3rd major revision to the PS3, that has not happened before...

Message 500 of 527 (76 Views)
0 Likes