Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ghost of Sparta
15013 posts

Re: Opinion: It's time for Sony to consider a Vita price cut

Aug 26, 2012

JuanMdP wrote
It's not a matter of people not having the money, pretty sure it's about the fact people don't want to dish out cash "just 'cause"~.

LOL :smileyhappy:  true .. true.. 

To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
Forum Survival Tips for New Members
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
**********The LAST GUARDIAN**********
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 441 of 527 (115 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Aug 26, 2012

JuanMdP wrote:

xChrisGTRx wrote:
the psp's 4gb memory card at launch was $40 .... a 4gb memory card for the vita at launch $25... just say you dont have the money right now dont bring up memory cards when in fact they are cheaper than the psp's were this same time at the psp's launch

Problem is that the uses are different and you are bound to burn through a 4 GB PSV memcard faster than you are bound to burn through a PSP one. That, and the fact that you aren't forced to use propietary memcards on the PSP~.

It's not a matter of people not having the money, pretty sure it's about the fact people don't want to dish out cash "just 'cause"~.

IMO 4GB will be plenty of space for storing game saves and for PSN game downloads. One would run into issues with downloading retail games, but for the most part it is cheaper to buy these games retail and not through PSN. Once PS3 owners take advantage of the cross play promotion, it will probably make people more receptive to buying larger memory cards.

Personally I think the 8GB memory card is the best value for the price, but I am glad that Sony is packing in the 4GB memory card for free with the AC & COD Vita bundles... 

Please use plain text.
Message 442 of 527 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15013 posts

Aug 26, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

IMO 4GB will be plenty of space for storing game saves and for PSN game downloads. One would run into issues with downloading retail games, but for the most part it is cheaper to buy these games retail and not through PSN. Once PS3 owners take advantage of the cross play promotion, it will probably make people more receptive to buying larger memory cards.

Personally I think the 8GB memory card is the best value for the price, but I am glad that Sony is packing in the 4GB memory card for free with the AC & COD Vita bundles... 

16GB will probabl only last 3-6 months..

since demos alone can take up some space.. unless you buy most games on physical media. then you can drag it out a bit longer..

but of course if i ahve a vita i'll use it for than just for gaming... since my psp is my portable video player for the last few years

Please use plain text.
Message 443 of 527 (98 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Aug 27, 2012

dulun18 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

16GB will probabl only last 3-6 months..

since demos alone can take up some space.. unless you buy most games on physical media. then you can drag it out a bit longer..

but of course if i ahve a vita i'll use it for than just for gaming... since my psp is my portable video player for the last few years

I don't see how you or anyone can equate memory card size to how fast someone would be able to fill it up, it depends on the individual.

Right now it makes far more sense to buy games from retail, especially since Sony has lowered the prices on many Vita games in stores, but these new prices are not reflected on PSN.

Like I said before, 4GB is plenty for game saves and light amounts of dowloading. If the cross buy promotion takes off, I think it will prompt people to buy larger Vita memory cards...

Please use plain text.
Message 444 of 527 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15013 posts

Aug 27, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:
I don't see how you or anyone can equate memory card size to how fast someone would be able to fill it up, it depends on the individual

Right now it makes far more sense to buy games from retail, especially since Sony has lowered the prices on many Vita games in stores, but these new prices are not reflected on PSN.

Like I said before, 4GB is plenty for game saves and light amounts of dowloading. If the cross buy promotion takes off, I think it will prompt people to buy larger Vita memory cards...

and like i said.

16GB will last a few months unless you don't download much from PSN..

since you can store more than just game saves on the card..  movies, music, games. pictures.. etc..

eh.. if you don't have anything then 4GB will do..   but if you are on the other end of the scale type of users.. then 16GB at least.. if not 32GB

and yes. i agree   it depends on the user..  some use more and some use less..

Please use plain text.
Message 445 of 527 (84 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Aug 27, 2012

dulun18 wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:
I don't see how you or anyone can equate memory card size to how fast someone would be able to fill it up, it depends on the individual

and like i said.

16GB will last a few months unless you don't download much from PSN..

since you can store more than just game saves on the card..  movies, music, games. pictures.. etc..

eh.. if you don't have anything then 4GB will do..   but if you are on the other end of the scale type of users.. then 16GB at least.. if not 32GB

and yes. i agree   it depends on the user..  some use more and some use less..

IMO I still think that many people don't have a concept of how much 4GB can store. From what I have seen most Vita games/demos are quite small in file size. Unless the Vita is also your only portable device, I believe most people will use their phones/tablets to store their movies/pictures/music.

In any case 4GB is a good size to start with, especially since it will be free with certain Vita bundles...

Please use plain text.
Message 446 of 527 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15013 posts

Sep 16, 2012

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/09/11/ps-vita-with-3g-and-wi-fi-comes-to-canada-october-2nd/

i guess these are unofficial price cut of sort..

that's nice..  2 good games along with the system..

Please use plain text.
Message 447 of 527 (61 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Sep 16, 2012
The Madden, COD, and AC3 bundles that will be available is another form of an unofficial price cut.

Fry' s did lower the core system down to $200 on Labor Day, and I think we will see more price promotions over the next several months...
Please use plain text.
Message 448 of 527 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2465 posts

Sep 16, 2012
The Canada one is certainly good because you are getting two games that are good (Unit 13) and outright amazing (Gravity Rush)~.

But, and I don't want to sound like I'm nitpicking, the true price you'll be paying for that bundle is something like 330 ~ 340 USD (assuming you go for a 4GB memcard) since it comes with no memory card and both games are download only~.

Even then, it's still a good price and a good selection of games~.
Please use plain text.
Message 449 of 527 (46 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Sep 29, 2012
Please use plain text.
Message 450 of 527 (128 Views)
0 Likes