MVP Support
24487 posts

Re: Online storage does not work properly

Dec 17, 2011

jcalvert wrote:

I've decided that the 24 hrs part 100% sucks.  It is nice having a backup, but almost worthless if you have multiple PS3s, want to play at a friends house, etc.

It's an inconvience but it only applies to copy protected saves.

Message 11 of 17 (59 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Dec 17, 2011

(and JERM7) - It is nice having the backup for copy protective saves.  Agree 100% there.  I know that yesterday when I was finishing off the first Sly (my fifth Platinum thank you very much), I loaded my save to the cloud, got hosed in the game, and thought I would download it again so I could start the Clock battle with a golden horseshoe.  Guess what.  I could not because of the 24 hrs rule.  Seems like that would only apply to copying between PS3s.

Message 12 of 17 (59 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24487 posts

Dec 17, 2011

jcalvert wrote:

(and JERM7) - It is nice having the backup for copy protective saves.  Agree 100% there.  I know that yesterday when I was finishing off the first Sly (my fifth Platinum thank you very much), I loaded my save to the cloud, got hosed in the game, and thought I would download it again so I could start the Clock battle with a golden horseshoe.  Guess what.  I could not because of the 24 hrs rule.  Seems like that would only apply to copying between PS3s.

That does stink. I agree if you're trying to access it with the same PS3 there shouldn't be a wait. It's great that we have this service but there are a few tweaks that would make it better. Maybe they'll be addressed in future updates but I still can't complain. They didn't have to include this with plus membership. Hard to knock something when it's free.

Message 13 of 17 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Dec 17, 2011

ne1atall wrote:

That does stink. I agree if you're trying to access it with the same PS3 there shouldn't be a wait. It's great that we have this service but there are a few tweaks that would make it better. Maybe they'll be addressed in future updates but I still can't complain. They didn't have to include this with plus membership. Hard to knock something when it's free.

Photobucket

Although I get where you are going, it's not actually free. You are paying for it. Unless PS+ becomes free, no matter what features you get, even if they were originally not part of the program, you are still paying for it.

G.A.P Member!
"PeAcE is but a shadow of death, desperate to forget its painful past"
Message 14 of 17 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Dec 18, 2011

You could always just buy a USB and just backup your saves on there. With Online Storage,I wouldn't trust,PSN Gets hacked again or something or they just shutdown temporaily etc... Your saves gone... Not 100% Gurantee :/

Message 15 of 17 (59 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Dec 18, 2011

That's exactly what I do.  Started this process after my first PS3 suffered from unofficial'ish yellow light moon sickness.  With that said, the current cloud implementation works great except for the occasional copy protected game - see a few posts above where I mentioned that I backed up Sly 1 to the cloud, however I could not download it again (not even to the same PS3) for a full 24 hrs.

Not having enough space is another issue for another thread ...

Message 16 of 17 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Dec 21, 2011

Well it never worked for me and IDK why, not doing anything wrong here, none of my games are working with it. My online saves show up on both PS3's so they are coppied over properly. And to think I accidentally deleted a Mass Effect 2 save that I now have to spend hours replaying to get back to where I was because the online storage is broken for me. I've put hundreds of hours into GT5, I would just die if I had to start that over. Does anyone in this thread actually use the online storage exactly how I'm trying to? Anyone else have 2 or more PS3's and having trouble using the online saves on either machine? Because if not then it could be a glitch that effects only people in my situation. I dont see a technicle reason why it should, but you never know.

Dust 514 will revolutionize console MMO's. Believe.
Message 17 of 17 (59 Views)
0 Likes