Reply
Jun 11 2013
By: Akirasolid Fender Bender 3181 posts
Offline

Online still free?

11 replies 331 views Edited Jun 11, 2013

Idk if they mentioned it. But I hope online is still free.



"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Message 1 of 12 (331 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: Online still free?

Jun 11, 2013

nope, just look around the forums.

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 2 of 12 (328 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
28676 posts
 

Re: Online still free?

Jun 11, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

nope, just look around the forums.


Yes, because we all know forums are a reliable source.

Message 3 of 12 (321 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2009
Offline
6869 posts
 

Re: Online still free?

Jun 11, 2013

  In a way it is free.  If buy ps + now   youll be on ps4 for free.. Smiley Happy,  but they have to charge  becuase it come with gai kai  and ps+. I thnk  this  is very good thing.. YOu getting maybe  200-300+ g a month plau paystaion library  alot of them free to play.

 

 Its  a pretty  crazy  deal.. and worth it.  You can play off line so it no big  deal

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 4 of 12 (287 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 03/21/2008
Offline
742 posts
 

Re: Online still free?

Jun 11, 2013

Unfortunately for PS4, PS+ is required for online gaming.

 

I think for PS3 its still free.

Message 5 of 12 (280 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 07/16/2003
Offline
11800 posts
 

Re: Online still free?

Jun 11, 2013

Akirasolid wrote:

Idk if they mentioned it. But I hope online is still free.


PSN account and PS+ subscription is required for online gameplay. Fine prints in ads....

Message 6 of 12 (266 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: Online still free?

Jun 11, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Setzaroth wrote:

nope, just look around the forums.


Yes, because we all know forums are a reliable source.


dont be stupid, there have been tons of posts linking to the pre-conference briefing where they said it...not to mention they said it in the event. THAT WAS POSTED ON THE FORUMS

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 7 of 12 (264 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 12/06/2011
Online
19943 posts
 

Re: Online still free?

Jun 11, 2013
If I remember the wording correctly, you can still be online without a Plus subscription, but if you want to play online multiplayer games, you need to have a Plus subscription.
Message 8 of 12 (250 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16939 posts
 

Re: Online still free?

Jun 11, 2013

PS3 will still be free.

PS4 will require a Plus membership to play games online..... You can still login to the PSN without it though.

This is likely due to the fact that Gaikai will become a part of Plus.... I mean come on.... with a potential library of thousands of games over its lifetime, you can't just continue paying out of the company pocket for it, you'd need a way to subsidize and maximize profits at the same time

Furiously Chaosing
Message 9 of 12 (227 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
Registered: 05/24/2009
Offline
18676 posts
 

Re: Online still free?

Jun 11, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

PS3 will still be free.

PS4 will require a Plus membership to play games online..... You can still login to the PSN without it though.

This is likely due to the fact that Gaikai will become a part of Plus.... I mean come on.... with a potential library of thousands of games over its lifetime, you can't just continue paying out of the company pocket for it, you'd need a way to subsidize and maximize profits at the same time


wait, the streaming of PS3 games is included in the price?

RE-THINK SALAD


Message 10 of 12 (212 Views)
Reply
0 Likes