Nov 02 2009
By: drasticalone First Son 2 posts

Online, but can't connect to playstation network

25 replies 17859 views Edited Nov 2, 2009

So I've been trying to figure this damn thing out for the past 3 days.

1. I opened up all the ports that were mentioned to in other posts. Still can surf online with my ps3, but wont login into the PSN (times out)

2. Put the ps3 in DMZ - then proceeds to give a 169.xx.xx.xx address and fails the obtaining IP address part of the network test and won't allow me to stream music/video or even surf the net.

3. I manually put in IP address/DNS servers , same as before, i can surf the internet, connect to my PC and stream my music/videos, but still times out trying to log into the PSN

4. I've tried changing the primary and secondary DNS servers to what other people suggest with same issue as #2.

sidenote - i do power cycles after any changes to my router/ps3 info to make sure things are taking place and still no luck

I'm basically at wit's end with this, I never had this issue with my 360 , it was plugin and play online. I'm about ready to take this thing back and get another xbox because I want to play online. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to post

Message 1 of 26 (17,859 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1146 posts

Re: Online, but can't connect to playstation network

Nov 2, 2009
sound more like a username/password issue. If you can sufer the web then nothing is wrong with your set up, just your psn account. I would re-typr my info and even change it if neccessary. then set it to auto login in and never touch it again.
AlternativeOne's anime, manga, reviews, recommendations, blogs and lists at Anime-Planet
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Message 2 of 26 (17,859 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Nov 2, 2009
nope, ive re-typed it , but still getting a timing out issue
Message 3 of 26 (17,859 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 2, 2009
This same thing is going on with me right now. It happened after I changed my e-mail address.
Message 4 of 26 (17,859 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 2, 2009
dumbest thing is, i was able to get online no problem and view the PS store etc, until i did the system update. Now i can't get onto the PSN, even with another account. Really irritating, especially since ive followed all the port forwarding suggestions etc.
Message 5 of 26 (17,859 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 2, 2009
just got off the phone with tech support, basically told me, format the ps3 and see what happens....
Message 6 of 26 (17,859 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Nov 6, 2009

Ugh im going through the same **bleep** y cant tech support read these forums anyways mine is kind of different mine says An error has occoured.you have been signed out of Playstation@ network

then it gives this number (80031   ) theres more but yeah its really pissing me off cuz samethig it happend after i updated it.

Message 7 of 26 (17,859 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 16, 2010

When I do the Internet Connection Test my PS3 can Obtain the IP Adress and Connect to the Internet but it cannot connect to the Play Station Network. It rarely even signs me in, but when it does it almost immediately signs me out again. It is really frustrating... Does anybody know what to do to fix it?

Cameron Carmical #43
Message 8 of 26 (17,859 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 16, 2010

Same thing here, my connection is good but it won't connect to the PS3.  but on mine,  when i try to sign into the network my entire PS3 freezes when i try and cancel

Message 9 of 26 (17,859 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Sep 21, 2010

I have the same problem bro.

did you find out the reason why it happens?

Message 10 of 26 (17,859 Views)