Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
582 posts

Re: Online, but can't connect to playstation network

Sep 21, 2010

drasticalone wrote:

So I've been trying to figure this damn thing out for the past 3 days.

1. I opened up all the ports that were mentioned to in other posts. Still can surf online with my ps3, but wont login into the PSN (times out)

2. Put the ps3 in DMZ - then proceeds to give a 169.xx.xx.xx address and fails the obtaining IP address part of the network test and won't allow me to stream music/video or even surf the net.

3. I manually put in IP address/DNS servers , same as before, i can surf the internet, connect to my PC and stream my music/videos, but still times out trying to log into the PSN

4. I've tried changing the primary and secondary DNS servers to what other people suggest with same issue as #2.

sidenote - i do power cycles after any changes to my router/ps3 info to make sure things are taking place and still no luck

I'm basically at wit's end with this, I never had this issue with my 360 , it was plugin and play online. I'm about ready to take this thing back and get another xbox because I want to play online. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to post

Do the internet test. Go to settings, then scroll all the way down to Network Settings, then select internet test. See what your NAT type is then write it here. Sometimes NAT types affect PSN AND Xbox LIVE, so don't get an Xbox because of this. Tell us your NAT type and we will see if that is the case.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 26 (3,037 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Sep 21, 2010

Where you live ?

If you live in quebec city CANADA and you're with videotron call they, they are responsable about that and insist to repair that "fail"

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 26 (3,037 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Oct 8, 2010

I have the same problem after a system update.  Did you ever fix the problem

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 26 (3,037 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 8, 2010

Any fix for this yet i have the same issue, internet works fine but cannot login to psn.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 26 (3,037 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Nov 19, 2010

Same problem! I've been having it for days. It will connect to the internet, but not to PSN. It passes net connection and IP obtain on the network test, but then fails the PSN test and doesn't give me information on how to fix it. Any ideas? I've already done everything listed in the first post.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 26 (3,037 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 23, 2010

Dude I'm going thru the same **bleep** Playstation is say n that its not there problem that's it the internet providers problem and said that everything on there end is OK but when I called the cable company it said that I'm connected to the net but it won't let me connect so do like I did I took my ps3 to geek squad and had them hook it up and see what they tell u cuz I have to switch internet company's just to et mine to work so try hooking it up to someone's else to see if that's the problem if not I'm stuck like u r 

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 26 (3,038 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 24, 2010
Yea I'm having the same exact problem....my ps2 works fine at my friend's place....so I'm guessing it's the internet at home but I dunno how to fix it! D<
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 26 (3,038 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 28, 2010

I am having the same problem...I can use the ps3's internet to browse online but when trying to sign into the network it says "network timed out."  It USED to work, I don't know what happened.  I can't even get netflix to work, i don't know why the did away with the netflix dvd to do it thru the ps3, now, you have  to log into the network to even get there, it's really frustrating.  I've called my isp, upgraded my internet, ps3 says it's my provider alothough I've had the same provider and it used to work. 

Is there anything that I can do? I've even tried making a new network acct. 

Please please help, we all want online gaming and the thing won't work, something that cost well over $300 should work dang it and at the support team should at least tell me what to do.  Would a factory reset even help?

thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 26 (3,038 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1153 posts

Dec 28, 2010

Does it work when you connect the PS3 directly to your cable/dsl modem?

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 26 (3,038 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 20, 2011

did you find out how to fix the problem?????

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 26 (3,038 Views)
0 Likes