Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
2 posts

Re: Online PS3 Lag is Killing Me.... Literally

Mar 26, 2010

SIGCHI222 - Are you mentally slow??? You almost put him on your prayer list??? WOW I am literally dieing too in the game from LAG. I get killed all the time by newbs from lag. Even with lag I rank top five most of the time. I too am looking for a fix.

BTW this is Playstation network - Video Games site and not the Billy Graham prayer lists web page for those dieing of real ailments, but since you want to pray for someone please pray for me. I really am dieing. Ill be dead they say in about another 50 years. I figure my life is being shorted 800 years. I want to live for 900 years like the people in the Old Testament. Please Please ask God to let me live my full life of 900 years plus because I have many more years of video gaming ahead of me and it wouldn’t be fair to cut my life short when I am just reaching my prime in the gaming world.

Please forgive my sarcasm. I do feel for your friend, But this is a gaming thread and not a prayer site. please be real...

Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 68 (83 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 10, 2010

I am also experiencing horrible lagging. Hardware is 80gb PS3 fat, Linksys WRT54G with DD-WRT firmware, and cable modem. Ps3 down/up speeds are 6.3mb down 3.5 up with wireless and 8mb down 5mb up hardwired. I lag on EVERY online game I play no matter if Im wireless or hardwired. Its only me because in the COD kill cams I can see my character jumping and disappearing/reappearing as Im getting killed while everyone else is running smooth. Ready to by a new console thinking that it might be a PS3 hardware issue. Any thoughts?

Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 68 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2636 posts

Apr 10, 2010

I think lag is inevitable. We just aren't to the point yet where online gaming is completely lag free. Even if you have an insane connection, most likely the other people playing don't and you could be milliseconds away from other people. It sucks.

Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 68 (83 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 17, 2010

I also have the same lag problem playing COD online.  I have a PS3 80GB.  My ISP provides 20 Mbps download speeds.  If I use the browser on PS3 (IE, Firefox, Chrome), and go to speedtest.net or speakeasy.net,  the best speed I can occasionally get is 4 Mbps wired, 1 Mbps wireless.  I connected directly to my modem and got the same slow results.  Two Dell laptops and one Sony laptop sitting next to the PS3 get fast speeds (20 - 23 Mbps wireless!).

Taking my router out of the loop, the PS3 is still slow.  All updates are  current.  Two of my friends (neighbors) have PS3s as well and have the same ISP, yet they don't experience the online lag or slow speeds I have.  I have researched this extensively online and there are thousands of people with the identical problem!!!  This problem has been reported in forums for years not only in the US but in numerous other countries as well.

The problem lies with the PS3, not everyone's ISP, router, modem, updates, firmware, game, server, Ethernet cables, etc.  A Sony tech supervisor tried to fix my problem to no avail.  They told me to send it in for repair at a cost of $149 plus $29 for shipping...oh ya....and I'm told, "not to expect that even if my unit is repaired or replaced, that it will be any better." 

Why would they even have the audacity to provide Netflix streaming downloads when my PS3 can only download at less than 1 Mbps.  My last Sony update (last week), took over an hour to download!!!

Just like Toyota, they refuse to acknowledge they're selling thousands of defective products to the public.  Maybe it's time for all of the owners of defective PS3s to file a class action law suit against Sony!  The PS3 owners that don't have this issue should consider themselves lucky and I truly envy them.  Anyone want to trade? 

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 68 (83 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1185 posts

Apr 18, 2010

Lately I can't play BFBC2 or MW2 without lagging like CRAZY... I can't even play these games anymore the lag is so horrible.  I have tried everything I can think of, my PS3 is DMZ, I just bought a brand new Netgear Wireless N WNDR-3700 today and have a brand new motorola surfboard modem.  My isp info is in my sig... Does anyone have any clue as to what's going on?  Is it my PS3 maybe?  I have a launch 60 gig btw...

http://www.speedtest.net/result/786082833.png

Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 68 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
87 posts

Apr 19, 2010

i also get serious lag in all my games lately online. idk what in the world i can do to fix it. ive tried everything..my computer and other devices in the house work well so idk why my ps3 is acting this way!

Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 68 (83 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 14, 2010

what is an FiO?

Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 68 (83 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 7, 2010

Literally as in literally in the game. No need to make it so serious. God damn.

SIGCHI222 wrote:
Literally?  Are you dying of pancreatic cancer like my friend who is 28?  Don't use exaggeration of this this type.  Your connection sux...your life does not, especially because of some inconsequential internet connection.  All is good for 99.44% of us, don't take it for granted.
Call your internet provider, but please don't post I CANNOT PLAY DMC4 BECAUSE MY MOTOR SKILLS  ARE SLOWLY ERODING type stuff anymore.  I almost added you to my prayer list before I read your entire post.
Discretion is the better part of valor.

jonny k wrote:
I can't seem to kill anyone on Call of Duty 4 because they seem to always have an extra .5 second to react. I tried switching off the wired connection onto a wireless connection and then the lag got worse.

The reason I know for sure its lag and not just me being a slow retard is because in the kill cam replay, sometimes my shots aren't even heard or seen!

Anyway to get rid of this so I can actually play my full potential?

Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 68 (83 Views)
0 Likes