Nov 17 2006
By: cuJoisleet~ First Son 9 posts

Online Not Working :(

11 replies 7 views Edited Nov 17, 2006
 I recently bought a ps3 (60gb version). I have ps2 and the online was not a problem as I had no trouble connecting. I have a LINK SYS router , I did all the network settings and tried different combinations but nothing works. The step where it asks for your security thing (WEP and all that other stuff) , I have no security thing so I can not enter that part and click no security blah blah blah. I dont think that should be a problem. The follow steps are a little confusing some of the things I dont understand so I just choose automatic, or enable disable or whatever. The ps3 is getting 100% signal from my router but when I test connection it says attempt to obtain an IP adress timed out and I cannot get a connection. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
94 posts

Re: Online Not Working :(

Nov 17, 2006
im having problems getting a good connection as well, its slow with it set to automatic. i set it up like my ps2 and it gets past the ip step then fails.

sounds like you need to make sure that you have the ip address asigned the same on both the router and ps3.
got my ps3, but had to settle for the 20 gig :smileysad: upgraded to a 160gig hd :smileyhappy:

G.A.P. member
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Nov 17, 2006
sounds like you need to make sure that you have the ip address asigned the same on both the router and ps3. 

How do you suppose i do that :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1569 posts

Nov 17, 2006
some things to try...

1st, under security/firewall, make sure filter internet nat redirection is not checked
2nd,  under wireless/wireless mac filter, if you have it enabled, add the ps3's mac address to the list

see if that helps any... also double check in the router to see if you are using wep/wpa/etc or not.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Nov 17, 2006
its prob in the online manual
http://www.ukrecordshop.com/shop/catalog/index.html
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Nov 17, 2006
I'm having that trouble with mine, i think. What error code are you getting? Mine gets an IP, but won't connect to the server
PS3 Network: TheButler
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Nov 17, 2006
 i HAVE wep but I have it disabled in my router settings. Also I am checking the other things now
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Nov 17, 2006
 I dont see what u r talking about .. In my router settings there is ...

Filters Forwarding DynamicRouting StaticRouting DMZHOST MacAddr.Clone Wireless 

and then...|

Password status dhcp log security help
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Nov 18, 2006
 Okay the wireless thing u were talking about is not enabled
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
862 posts

Nov 18, 2006
does anyone know how to connect to the internet with the 20gb....i dont have an ethernet plug so i tried putting in a usb network adaptor wireless and it keeps saying my ethernet cable is not connected....please help
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (7 Views)
0 Likes