Mar 04 2013
By: She-Wolf78 First Son 4 posts

Online ID making trouble. Please help moderators?

5 replies 185 views Edited Mar 4, 2013

I've found a major and extrelemy stupid bug in  the system that creates Online ID's. It is as follows:

You go on your PS3, type out ALL the information, pick an Online ID you want, and click continue. But you then decide it would be better made on a computer instead, so immediately after the continue stage, decide to cancel off the PS3. 

You then go to a computer, type in the EXACT SAME information, AND Online ID, and it tells you it is no longer available. When it is, because it was a minutes ago. FIX THIS, THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. 

The ID I want to make is "LilMiss2DarnGood" and the exact scenario as above happened to me and now I can't have it even though it JUST allowed me to. Can you PLEASE fix this problem so I can make this ID?!

PROOF IT HAS NOT BEEN TAKEN BY ANYONE ELSE AND IS IN FACT A GLITCH IN THE SYSTEM: http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=LilMiss2DarnGood

Right there. It's NON EXISTANT! So WHY can't I make the ID anymore? Is the ID locked now because of a technical issue no one bothered to correct? Can you please help me out here? This is infuriating and completely unacceptable. 

Message 1 of 6 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Re: Online ID making trouble. Please help moderators?

Mar 4, 2013

Why would you do this? Normally people wouldnt run into this type of problem.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 2 of 6 (180 Views)
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

Mar 4, 2013

the solution is to only setup the account once - once you create an ID Sony reserves it, whether it is active or not

in other words only use your PC or PS3 to setup an ID, not both

Message 3 of 6 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Mar 4, 2013

I don't see the problem unless you are trying to make alternate accounts for you ps3 and to post on the forum seperately so no one knows who you are in game.

Message 4 of 6 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4576 posts

Mar 4, 2013
Oh calm down. The ID is taken. This isn't a bug to me since I've been aware of this for some time now. Half of us here knows when you make an account here and not on a PS3 it doesn't sync the way you think it would.
Message 5 of 6 (156 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Mar 4, 2013
Do it the easy way and set it up on the ps3.
My PSN
Message 6 of 6 (115 Views)
0 Likes