Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: Online ID cannot be used?

Jul 15, 2008
Playstation really needs to get this fixed! I've been trying all day to set up an Online ID and everysingle possible silly ID I try does not seem to be working. This is really annoying... I just got my PS3 and feel as though I've been a little let down. Sony shpuld really be on top of something as silly as this.
Message 21 of 43 (411 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jul 15, 2008
Can we get some input from an admin on this? >__<
Message 22 of 43 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3671 posts

Jul 15, 2008

Shinn-kun wrote:
Can we get some input from an admin on this? >__<

i believe they are currently looking into the problem because a messeged them on one of my issues and then i sent a real e-mail to one of the mods which is being sent around for them to fix the issue...so this will all be fixed soon
PhotobucketPhotobucket
~ Long Live the Underground ~ PSU: Eric1018 ~
Message 23 of 43 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
159 posts

Jul 15, 2008
Just one of those days. Widespread problems with PSN Tag Linking and Online ID creation. I know it's frustrating because I am trying to create a new ID for my son but I can't. Best I can do is be patient which isn't easy trust me I know.
Message Edited by Biggydaddy on 07-14-2008 07:34 PM
Message 24 of 43 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
471 posts

Jul 15, 2008
wow i finally got my ps3 ( i ordered it from sony and it took 4 months to get to me **bleep**) and now i hav no game to play, no psn
Message 25 of 43 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
352 posts

Jul 15, 2008

Biggydaddy wrote:
Just one of those days. Widespread problems with PSN Tag Linking and Online ID creation. I know it's frustrating because I am trying to create a new ID for my son but I can't. Best I can do is be patient which isn't easy trust me I know.
Message Edited by Biggydaddy on 07-14-2008 07:34 PM

Hopefully they will let us re-link to the CORRECT PSN Account instead of the ones many of us accidentally linked to.  That has me really ticked right now.  You put in the wrong email address, you link to the wrong PSN ID, then, sorry, it is permanent and there is no fix.  Well, that is unacceptable right now for Sony to assume that every single person will type in their intended PSN ID Email and Password the first time without mistakes.  They must assume that since there is no way to re link the account. 

PSN Name: Filth_Flannigan
Message 26 of 43 (411 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 15, 2008

I just bought my PS3 finally today. Been waiting for years to have the cash to just go and buy one. I bought the MGS4 Bundle 80 Gig. My wife and I raced home hooked it up , updated it. And cant do a dman thing cause Online ID cannot be used. and Apparently we are not the only ones. To the guy that says to us all keep trying random numbers, well dude I randomly typed letter number combinations with no meaning, and still got the message so apparently its not an issue with the id being used. Just because you already have yours does not make you an automatic expert on the situation. I am very tempted to take my PS3 back and tell my customers sony is deliberately making sure no new customers enter the playstation network. I work for gamestop and i dont think sony would appreciate if i start turning their customers to microsoft. Atleast microsoft answers their phones when you call them with an issue. I tried calling sony 20 times today, the phone just rings and rings and rings then nothing but air. So if someone from sony is monitoring these threads. Fix the problem man your alienating millions of gamers right now.

Message 27 of 43 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
471 posts

Jul 15, 2008

I got the EXACT same problem, i just bought 40gb not the 80.. i called sony sooooo much, it took lyk 10-20 calls and 5 hours but they sed that theyre **bleep**in servers getting fixed up so pissed

OFFFFFF

Message 28 of 43 (411 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jul 15, 2008

I have also been having this same issue. I have been trying everything under the sun for my name. I have added numerous numbers after the oens I wanna use and still nothing. This is Kinda lame.

Message 29 of 43 (411 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jul 15, 2008
same here. been trying for countless ours inputting desired names and most of the time just random letters and numbers and still no luck
Message 30 of 43 (411 Views)
0 Likes