May 27 2010
By: t112233 Splicer 88 posts

Old gaming systems are the most reliable.

16 replies 31 views Edited May 27, 2010

all i'm saying here is that why are the new game systems so high in failure rates and always keep troubling people. most of my cousins still have the first ps2 models out and never had a problem and still work fine. now the newer systems won't even last 3 years. why is technology crapping out like that. isn't it supposed to be more reliable? to me it seems its not.

Message 1 of 17 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3399 posts

Re: Old gaming systems are the most reliable.

May 27, 2010
old gaming systems had simple setups...and if you noticed, they don't have fans, wireless, wifi, disc trays, crazy processors...very low maintenance...

its like saying why is the typewriter less prone to breakdowns then the computer?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 17 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5697 posts

May 27, 2010

I have a good theory why. Because all these snotty kids want terraflops of floating points in 1080p. So these companies rush this crap out the door without taking the years of R & D that may be necessary for long term testing.

Isn't it ironic that the big N is spanking the competition with recycled  hardware with a motion sensor attached?

i113

RIP Michael Jackson 8-29-58 - 6-25-09
Message 3 of 17 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
88 posts

May 27, 2010
yeah they should think twice thats why there loosing money or not making profits cuz of crappy tech today. wow.
Message 4 of 17 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10300 posts

May 27, 2010

t112233 wrote:

all i'm saying here is that why are the new game systems so high in failure rates and always keep troubling people. most of my cousins still have the first ps2 models out and never had a problem and still work fine. now the newer systems won't even last 3 years. why is technology crapping out like that. isn't it supposed to be more reliable? to me it seems its not.

theyre not. you may have been lucky enough to not be affected by it, by many others were not so lucky

both the ps1 and ps2 had similar issues that mirrored todays ps3 issues.  Sony was even sued for the ps2

you are just lacking information or ignoring what happened to those consoles

Message 5 of 17 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3399 posts

May 27, 2010

t112233 wrote:
yeah they should think twice thats why there loosing money or not making profits cuz of crappy tech today. wow.

wow....are you serious? ok then, throw out your next gen consoles, and go back to playing 8bit games while we enjoy these awesome new games with awesome graphics and awesome music in HD.

lets see how long you will last without "crappy tech"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 17 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
901 posts

May 27, 2010

You are obviously not old enough to remember the NES. That thing was horrible, and any system still in use probably has the pin replaced or the chip has been modded.

PS3 Transformer390 TransformerPSP Transformer
Message 7 of 17 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
88 posts

May 27, 2010
@ corn

what i meant is crappy realibility. companys these days advertise that there systems are reliable but in reality there not even close. but ohh well, who cares. i got extended warranty.
Message 8 of 17 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
883 posts

May 27, 2010

Are you referring to me? because you would be quite wrong on that one. and i have never played on a modded, nor repaired NES. though, a repair would have made almost all them much better. but after 35 years, its still playable. why? because its simple. in 32 more years, can we expect to see ps3's kicking near as well? seems many of them are dying in the first 2 years. it would require quite a bit of maintenance 

I have many of the older systems (excluding neo geo), and all of mine work great still. each has had minor issues. but, actual failure rates are more noticeable as the years progress. and as one would expect, technology is far more complicated. RROD and YLOD are quite infamous.

Message 9 of 17 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8202 posts

May 27, 2010

Yeah, as if your old system is a supercomputer in a box.

Message 10 of 17 (31 Views)
0 Likes