Feb 20 2012
By: MaverickAHP First Son 3 posts

Old PSP and case

7 replies 175 views Edited Feb 20, 2012

Hey guys,

Been following the discussions on here for a while now ever since I decided to get the Vita.  It's awesome to see the excitement bulid up as we get closer and closer.  I also hope to add many of you to my friends list as my PSN list is bare(mostly a Xbox player, don't flame, I like my PS3 for what it is).  Anyway a few questions.  For those that have an old PSP what are you going to do with it.  I think I'm going to keep it, for what they're going for I just don't know if I can justify selling it so what are some ideas that you guys have to still get some use out of the old beauty?  Also I have a soft case for my PSP do you think the Vita will fit in it or should I just buy a new one?  Thanks

Message 1 of 8 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Re: Old PSP and case

Feb 20, 2012

buy a new one likely hood it will not fit in your psp case. the ps vita is bigger then the psp.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 2 of 8 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1387 posts

Feb 20, 2012

The PS Vita looks to me to be roughly somwhere between a quarter of an inch to half an inch longer than the PSP so if your case is like the Metal Gear carrying case or something that doesnt latch on or already fits tightly on the PSP then it should be fine and you can skip buying a case. In any case you can just bring your case with you when you go to pick up your system and compare it to the demo unit in the store and see if it would go in or not.

As for your PSP, remember the PS vita doesnt take UMD's so if you want to go back to old games that didnt come out on the PSN that's going to be the only way.

Message 3 of 8 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9712 posts

Feb 20, 2012

I sold my PSP 1001 series back in November on ebay and got $81 for it kind of surprised me as I was expecting $40-50 so that was cool.   Then I got the kickass deal on my Vita from bestbuy.com, check out my blog link in signature for the deal I got. << Me.

Message 4 of 8 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
211 posts

Feb 20, 2012

my psp-3000 was given to me as a gift from my grand mother, so for that reason i'm keeping it hehe

but if i bought it myself, i think i would just sell it and use the money to buy vita stuff

Message 5 of 8 (175 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Feb 20, 2012

My orignial PSP and my PSP Go were gifts also. I'm keeping both for the same reasons. Plus I get to play UMDs and PS1 games too.

Message 6 of 8 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Feb 20, 2012

i gave my psp3000 to my friiend since he wont be getting his vita til his birthday *shake fist at his parents*

Message 7 of 8 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
179 posts

Feb 20, 2012

I traded in my PspGo towards the purchase of the Vita, but I will be keeping the Psp 1000 to play my umds, plus I really love the system.

Message 8 of 8 (175 Views)
0 Likes