Highlighted
Aug 26 2011
By: YemeniLuigi Hekseville Citizen 414 posts

Old PS?

11 replies 18 views Edited Aug 26, 2011

Would you be able to play the old PlayStation games from the PSP?  And, like the 3DS, would you be able to trade in your old PlayStation system (the newer, the more; PSP Phat, then Slim, PSP Go, etc.) for a discount on the PS Vita?

I didn't really read through the discussions here, so sorry if this is basically a repeat thread.

Knowledge is power,
Ignorance is bliss,
Abstenence is control.
Don't go around trying to know and do everything.
Message 1 of 12 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Re: Old PS?

Aug 26, 2011

All psp games that are in the ps store will definitely be available on the psvita. PSone classics will most likely be there. You probably won't be able to trade in your psp, like how you can trade your ds to get a discount on the 3ds, because Sony hasn't comepletely given up on the psp, like nintendo gave up on the ds, in fact they have made a psp2 sperate from the psvita called the psp E-1000 which has a more sturdy build than the other psps. So I'm guessing sony still wants people to keep their psp to be able to play psp exclusive games. (UMD ONLY games will not be playable on the psvita) And they probably will continue to make UMDs just so psp owners won't feel like sony is trashing the psp for the psvita.

Message 2 of 12 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
414 posts

Aug 26, 2011

So if you have a UMD game for PSP, you can't play it on PS Vita, but if you downloaded it from the PS Store, you could?  So the game I just bought today (UMD), I knew I should've gotten it from the PS Store. . .

Knowledge is power,
Ignorance is bliss,
Abstenence is control.
Message 3 of 12 (18 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13577 posts

Aug 26, 2011

That is correct.

So yeah, probably should've bought the PS Store one.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 12 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
414 posts

Aug 26, 2011

Eh, considering I need a new PS3, I probably won't be getting PS Vita anyway.  So I don't really mind right now.

Knowledge is power,
Ignorance is bliss,
Abstenence is control.
Message 5 of 12 (18 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Aug 26, 2011

GameStop will likely always take in your old PSP & PS3 for credit toward a new system. They run promotions all the time so you can get even more credit, so you should be on the lookout for it...

Message 6 of 12 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
414 posts

Aug 26, 2011

Yeah that's what I was thinking.  They always have good deals and good ways to get games and systems for less.  If I would get one, I would probably just wait until there's something going on at GameStop, because these systems are too much money.

BTW, did you know the 3DS's price was lowered $90 just so it can be in competition with the PS Vita?  It's $169.99 and the PS Vita is $234.99 I believe.  They should lower that.

Knowledge is power,
Ignorance is bliss,
Abstenence is control.
Message 7 of 12 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
524 posts

Aug 26, 2011

YemeniLuigi wrote:

BTW, did you know the 3DS's price was lowered $90 just so it can be in competition with the PS Vita?  It's $169.99 and the PS Vita is $234.99 I believe.  They should lower that.

Battlefield 3 is coming up, along with MW3. Which will be the victor?

Somehow I can't see Sony doing that. 249$ is a pretty solid price for everything the Vita has. I thought the price was fixed already?

Pro skill. Definition: Being too sexy at something for your own good.
Message 8 of 12 (18 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13577 posts

Aug 26, 2011

That's what everyone is saying.

They really SHOULDN'T lower it. As good as a PR move that'd be, it's not happening. They're already taking a loss on every Vita sold, they don't need MORE of a loss off the bat.

And it wasn't to compete with the Vita, it's just due to the fact their sales were slow anyway. Had to do something (and so far, it's been working, even in Japan). Sadly I bought mine full price (well, $1 due to trade ins), but at least i get free games.

Anyway, the Vita might see a price drop around this time NEXT year. That's what I'm thinking. In time for holiday season.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 12 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
524 posts

Aug 26, 2011

*sigh* For all my talk of waiting, I doubt my patience extends to same time next year. Guess I'll have to cough up and pay for it sometime in March or April.

Pro skill. Definition: Being too sexy at something for your own good.
Message 10 of 12 (18 Views)
0 Likes