Feb 15 2012
By: SnWnMe Hekseville Citizen 368 posts

Okay, IMO, this officially is an unfinished product that I am supposed to Beta.

24 replies 28 views Edited Feb 15, 2012

First of all, AT&T sign up still won't happen (Login with PSN username and password. Too easy right? Nope. I tried starting a new account and nope.)

Second, the AR games are nowhere to be found (Login to PS Store and follow instructions says the flyer. Nope nothing in the PS store)

Third it just keeps crashing on me. I put it on standby this morning (you know like a regular"always connected" 3G device?) and when I got to it today at lunch, it already CRASHED. So I rebooted, touch screen is not responding. Rebooted again but since the touch screen isn't responding I can't select the Power Off option.

What the heck is this Sony? I dropped several hundred dollars on your putative console level handheld and so far the experience can be summed up as I have a great screen that is nice to look at but I can hardly use the thing.

Message 1 of 25 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
82 posts

Re: Okay, IMO, this officially is an unfinished product that I am supposed to Beta.

Feb 15, 2012

I got mine setup but it was a real pain. The At&t signup form was very laggy and for some reason my wifi on my vita keeps turning off. I just want my wifi to stay on PLEASE.

Finally I am not happy my vita will not charge while plugged into my computer

Message 2 of 25 (28 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Re: Okay, IMO, this officially is an unfinished product that I am supposed to Beta.

Feb 15, 2012

Had the same problem.

I just skipped it, found out there was a system update and got my system up to date.

Afterwards, no more crashing and such.

Good to go.

Edit:

My 3G & Wi-Fi hasn't turned off on me before the update either, was and is still stable.

Charged from outlet and PC just fine before & after the system update too.

Proud Owner of the PS Vita First Edition Bundle!
Message 3 of 25 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12384 posts

Feb 15, 2012

SnWnMe wrote:

First of all, AT&T sign up still won't happen (Login with PSN username and password. Too easy right? Nope. I tried starting a new account and nope.)

Second, the AR games are nowhere to be found (Login to PS Store and follow instructions says the flyer. Nope nothing in the PS store)

Third it just keeps crashing on me. I put it on standby this morning (you know like a regular"always connected" 3G device?) and when I got to it today at lunch, it already CRASHED. So I rebooted, touch screen is not responding. Rebooted again but since the touch screen isn't responding I can't select the Power Off option.

What the heck is this Sony? I dropped several hundred dollars on your putative console level handheld and so far the experience can be summed up as I have a great screen that is nice to look at but I can hardly use the thing.

the vita probably still has the buggy initial firmware version that it had when it launched in japan, as your issues are the same ones they had....  upgrading the firmware will fix the issue

>

Message 4 of 25 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
357 posts

Feb 15, 2012

There's an option in the settings for USB charging on a comp, you just have to enable it.

Message 5 of 25 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Feb 15, 2012

I just submitted a fairly calm Amazon review and the stoopid thing crashed after going to standby.

Message 6 of 25 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Feb 15, 2012

Nope upgrading the firmware is the first thing my Vita offered to do. I'm current.

Message 7 of 25 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
82 posts

Feb 15, 2012

Ok so I can charge other devices on my destop computer when the vita is hooked up it's not charging from what I can tell. I went to the vita settings and made sure usb charging was on and it is ?? When it's hooked up is there anyway to tell it's charging when it's hooked up into the wall there's  this charging icon

Message 8 of 25 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4114 posts

Feb 15, 2012

In the manual it says you can charge via USB but only when the PS Vita is totally really fully OFF.

Thus, it will not charge via USB while on, you'll never see it do that, unless they enable it to work that way.

When it charges (when connected to an a/c adaptor) there is a translucent green area on the battery that indicates the level the charge is at, or not at, with the solid green beening the actual level, the translucent green helps you to see it's charging and there is a cool electrical movement animation to let you know it's really, really charging.

The battery goes solid green dormant when it's charged.

Message 9 of 25 (28 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
605 posts

Feb 15, 2012

I have had mine since dec (imported) and didnt get 3G (I have a 4G phone with mobile hotspot) But I have had NONE of the issues you have with crashes. However this might help

Holding the powerbutton for around 30secs will go into a recovery menu where touching the screen is not needed to select an option. Try this when all else fails

As for the AR games, well they didnt exactly lie. there is ONE I have found. Hot shots golf has a AR mode when viewing the character profiles, its pretty cool but all in all pointless as far as gameplay goes.

Hope that helped

Twitch Channel
Message 10 of 25 (28 Views)
0 Likes