Jan 17 2013
By: mixedkidbx Treasure Hunter 8424 posts

Ok why cant i sign into PSN when i should be able to

[ Edited ]
12 replies 5747 views Edited Jan 17, 2013

Ok i know theres a maintenace going on right now, but i should be able to sign in because i logged on yesterday and the day before.  They clearly stated as long as we have logged in at least once before the maintenace we would be able to get online.

Yet i cant.  I try to sign in and get a message saying "Sony Entertainment is undergoing maintenace"

Sigh....

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (5,747 Views)
VP of Gaming
27884 posts

Re: Ok why cant i sign into PSN when i should be able to

Jan 17, 2013

You made sure you did the highlighted part of the Managers notice below?

Hi everyone! 2013 is off to a roaring start here on PSN, with tons of great games and promotions for PlayStation gamers, from the God of War: Ascension Multiplayer Beta for PlayStation Plus users, to the recent digital release of PS3 favoriteDemon’s Souls, to pre-orders going live for the digital version of Dead Space 3.

In order to continue bringing you the best online games experience on PSN, we will perform routine maintenance beginning the morning of Thursday, January 17th. This maintenance will start at approximately 8:00AM PT (9:00AM MT / 10:00AM CT / 11:00 AM ET) and last until around 8:00PM PT (9:00PM MT / 10:00PM CT / 11:00PM ET). During the maintenance period, you may receive a maintenance notification when attempting to access PSN.

The PlayStation Store and Account Management will not be available during the maintenance period, but you will be able to access online play and apps provided that you have signed into PlayStation Network at some point between now and the time of the maintenance. So please be sure to sign in now if you wish to access the Network during Thursday’s maintenance window.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we thank you for your support.

Tempest_Fire
Digital Platforms Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (5,457 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8424 posts

Jan 18, 2013

Well considering i was online yesterday that would have been part of their requirments, yet im not able to get online.

I guess i just gotta wait it out.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (5,269 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7184 posts

Jan 18, 2013

Same here. I had my ps3 signed in very late last night, yet I still can't sign in yet. Oh well, no biggie.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (5,188 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1290 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Is this why I can log in with one account, but I can't log in on the other? That doesn't make sense! What gives???

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (3,619 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1245 posts

Jan 19, 2013

This is nuts.  I cannot sign in ... but I was signed in, purchased from the store, synced trophies, etc.  One of my boys (sub account) can sign in, but the other (also sub account) cannot.  Everyone had signed in and used the network prior to maintenance.

Too bad ... cannot use Amazon Prime on a Friday night.  :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (3,331 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
230 posts

Jan 19, 2013

They went and extended the down time into 5 AM EST. I think this part is my favorite part of the post they made about it.

"If you have signed in to PSN within 5 days prior to the start of maintenance (meaning: any time since January 12), you may be able to play games online and enjoy apps such as Netflix, HULU Plus and Music Unlimited during this maintenance period."

So they're just like, "You know, guys, we have no idea if you can get on or not, just wing it."

photo
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (3,246 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Jan 19, 2013

xigbar93 wrote:

They went and extended the down time into 5 AM EST. I think this part is my favorite part of the post they made about it.

"If you have signed in to PSN within 5 days prior to the start of maintenance (meaning: any time since January 12), you may be able to play games online and enjoy apps such as Netflix, HULU Plus and Music Unlimited during this maintenance period."

So they're just like, "You know, guys, we have no idea if you can get on or not, just wing it."

True that.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (3,010 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
234 posts

Jan 19, 2013
Sony **bleep**ed up big time...
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (2,694 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14031 posts

Jan 19, 2013

CovertClay wrote:
Sony **bleep**ed up big time...

No I believe that happened a while ago. Everything is swell now.

To teach is a moment's superiority; not to, everlasting.

Fabulous!
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (2,583 Views)
0 Likes