Fender Bender
3033 posts

Re: Official #PlayStation2013 Discussion Thread

Feb 21, 2013

I was impressed by this event. I don't know if I'll be able to Watch Dogs out of my head for a day. It just looks so awesome. Better start putting some pennies away for the Holidays.

Fix your DS3/SixAxis-Boomer since 2,736

Please use plain text.
Message 371 of 573 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Feb 21, 2013

No matter what price they put, Sony is gonna take it in the shorts... so they might as well be agressive about it and go for market saturation. Get in, get entrenched, and let MS and Nintendo fight it out for 2nd place...

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT.... knowing Sony, they will over-value it by $100 or $200 and languish on shelves for a year, before FINALLY cutting prices after already losing billions, that's if they follow the Vita and PS3 launch models...

$450 is the absolute highest they can push...  Bluray isn't gonna bail them out this time... When Bluray won the HD war, that was when PS3 started moving, since it was (at the time) the most affordable bluray player... now bluray players are given away at 7-11 with the purchase of a Big Gulp, so PS4 REALLY has to convince the masses it's a value... So far, they've only proven that they are a much more expensive version of the WiiU ($450+ for PS4 plus $200+ for the Vita vs $349 for the WiiU)

Please use plain text.
Message 372 of 573 (200 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16247 posts

Feb 21, 2013

johngie wrote:
I missed a little bit, but when/what did they say about B/C?

None right away but they were talking about it being possible with the cloud. I'm not clear how that would work but they said all media. Not sure if you'd have to pay again for games you already own. they weren't very specific.

Please use plain text.
Message 373 of 573 (195 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16247 posts

Feb 21, 2013

HeavensLightfire wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

HeavensLightfire wrote:

Now I have a definite number of games to look forward too. I might have missed this but was their a release date confirmed? Like an actulal date?

No actual date. "Holiday 2013" is what it said. That should be in time for Black Friday.

Pretty early, better start saving money then. Did they say if Ps4 will still use our PSN accounts that we made already?

They didn't say. Didn't mention Home either. I suspect your PSN account will be fine. Home.......?

Please use plain text.
Message 374 of 573 (180 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41020 posts

Feb 21, 2013

the_original_se wrote:

ieswkMN wrote:
No big game announcements, and no backwards compatibility with ps3 disc based games. Hopefully you wont have to buy over your old ps3 games but time will tell. Hopefully E3 will announce better games like the Final Fantasy. Still excited however and would get a day one system

theres Gaikai. cloud gaming, it will have pretty much every PS3 game.

question is just as you said, if we will have to buy the game again or if there will be some feature that we can play the game if we already own it.

Would be nice if you could just put the game in your PS3, have it verify it for your PSN account and just from there, stream it on the PS4 but there would have to be a way to differentiate between owned and rentals/borrowed =\

Now Playing: Final Fantasy X HD

Please use plain text.
Message 375 of 573 (170 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7516 posts

Feb 21, 2013

johngie wrote:
I missed a little bit, but when/what did they say about B/C?

Backward compatible PS1, PS2, PS3 via cloud gaming (remember Gaikai?).  No idea if you'll have to re-buy your already owned games, but it doesn't sound like you will.  

Gaikai also hinted that PSP and PSVita games will be playable on the PS4.

Destiny Beta: Abbarrax
Please use plain text.
Message 376 of 573 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7239 posts

Feb 21, 2013

I got dough but I was saving it for a new mac for school/entertainment 

Ill probally split it with my bro.

energy
Please use plain text.
Message 377 of 573 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3266 posts

Feb 21, 2013

ne1atall wrote:

HeavensLightfire wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

HeavensLightfire wrote:

Now I have a definite number of games to look forward too. I might have missed this but was their a release date confirmed? Like an actulal date?

No actual date. "Holiday 2013" is what it said. That should be in time for Black Friday.

Pretty early, better start saving money then. Did they say if Ps4 will still use our PSN accounts that we made already?

They didn't say. Didn't mention Home either. I suspect your PSN account will be fine. Home.......?

Sad that HOme isnt mentioned, Im an avid user for it. But if my PSN account will be used on the PS4, then Im ok with it. I would hate to create a new account again DX

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Please use plain text.
Message 378 of 573 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4984 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 21, 2013

Nothing unexpected and we didn't even get to see the console hmh. ( New InFamous of course, but I'm no really stoked about that EDIT: Based on the 2 earlier infamous games. This one could be something else. )

E3 can't come soon enough. 

id.png

Please use plain text.
Message 379 of 573 (157 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16247 posts

Feb 21, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:

the_original_se wrote:

ieswkMN wrote:
No big game announcements, and no backwards compatibility with ps3 disc based games. Hopefully you wont have to buy over your old ps3 games but time will tell. Hopefully E3 will announce better games like the Final Fantasy. Still excited however and would get a day one system

theres Gaikai. cloud gaming, it will have pretty much every PS3 game.

question is just as you said, if we will have to buy the game again or if there will be some feature that we can play the game if we already own it.

Would be nice if you could just put the game in your PS3, have it verify it for your PSN account and just from there, stream it on the PS4 but there would have to be a way to differentiate between owned and rentals/borrowed =\

That's what I'm hoping for. Like you said though how would it know you didn't borrow it or get it from Redbox? They'll think of something.

Please use plain text.
Message 380 of 573 (148 Views)
0 Likes