Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Re: Official PS Vita System Software Update (v.2.10) Feedback

Apr 10, 2013
@semajmarc @Glacius @jon

I for one have an 8gb and 4gb card. PSV and PSP separately so I'm not complaining, but they're definitely trying to make us buy more memory cards. Their support for the PSV is utter crap.
Message 31 of 80 (261 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
991 posts

Apr 10, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

jon1234 wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

semajmarc87 wrote:

Sasuke082594 wrote:
Crap. It was an organization update. It wasn't meant to make more space. I feel like Sony is trying to sucker everyone into buying memory cards..

That's precisely what they're trying to do. Sony doesn't seem to realize that the small amount of extra money they make by forcing people to buy extra memory cards is immediately lost by the people who won't buy a PS Vita for that very reason.

Especially with the whole "You can save the layout of your icons with the memory card"

Meaning they expect us to keep swapping out more and more cards.

hmmm i dont think so, ive actually had my layout change when i just took my memory card out once i got my vita to see what would happen, the layout would get all mixed up.

so if for any reason you mem card gets removed, now you dont have to go through the whole trouble of rearranging icons to how they were

You make it sound as if somehow the memory card will accidentally eject itself. Even though there's a cover over it and nothing can touch it without opening it.

some people have kids, siblings, cousins etc... that may never had their hands on a vita, and they just so happen to find that little port and push the card out.... now does it make sense....? if you guys want to stick to the conspiracy i guess thats alright though... idk i at least like that i dont have to remember where every icon goes anymore

Message 32 of 80 (262 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13737 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Still, the fact that the 100 icon limit is there (not that it affects me at ALL, I have so many more icons to go), forces people who magically do happen to use up all that space, even with room left on their card, to buy another card.

Hence the convenience of saving the layout. I've only had to deal with the layout change once (when switching from 4GB to 16GB)

I let no one touch my Vita except those who are semi-competent. Even my 6 year old cousin knows what is part of the "game" and what is just hardware crap like the memory card slot. He's just interested in playing the game itself, so I just explain the controls.

Besides, odds are, if a kid does somehow manage to eject the memory card, having your icons being rearranged should be the LEAST of your concerns, considering if he does it when you're not around, that small little card can easily be lost.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 33 of 80 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Apr 10, 2013
@jon it's not a conspiracy. It's true. Sonys methods are so predictable.
Message 34 of 80 (250 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
991 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

haha well i think were going off on a tangent now, but even if their forcing you to buy more things, what do you expect, they are a company trying to make money in the first place.

i am at least thankful we have this option now...

Message 35 of 80 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Apr 10, 2013
@jon it's not even like that. You're more naive than I thought (no offense). For as long as everyone can remember we all wanted our voices to be heard about this (just one thing of many). What are we offered? Sony: let's screw with the community and just give them 'folders'. That way we'll still make money on memory cards.
Message 36 of 80 (235 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
991 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Sasuke082594 wrote:
@jon it's not even like that. You're more naive than I thought (no offense). For as long as everyone can remember we all wanted our voices to be heard about this (just one thing of many). What are we offered? Sony: let's screw with the community and just give them 'folders'. That way we'll still make money on memory cards.

hahahaha so in your head all the sony execs are sitting around the meeting room talking about their perfect golf score laughing their @sses off and then someone goes

" hey! i know exactly how to screw with vita owners! lets offer them folders! but we'll keep the 100 icon limit cap! then our stocks will SKY ROCKET!!!!! TOP DRAWER! TOPP DRAWER!!!"

ugh....

Message 37 of 80 (227 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13737 posts

Apr 10, 2013

jon1234 wrote:

Sasuke082594 wrote:

hahahaha so in your head all the sony execs are sitting around the meeting room talking about their perfect golf score laughing their @sses off and then someone goes

" hey! i know exactly how to screw with vita owners! lets offer them folders! but we'll keep the 100 icon limit cap! then our stocks will SKY ROCKET!!!!! TOP DRAWER! TOPP DRAWER!!!"

ugh....

You never know lol

But still, the whole "You can make folders, but you still can't have 100 stuff" is like saying "We have now reduced the amount of homescreens you need from 10 to 1. Have fun"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 38 of 80 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

Apr 10, 2013
@jon you do realize that over 99% of Vita users who ran out of bubble space will be forced to buy a bigger memory card right?... Answer me this: Why after all this time does Sony still limit the device's abilities?
Message 39 of 80 (217 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
991 posts

Apr 10, 2013

i understand your situation, but are you seriously telling me you play EVERY single one of those games? if and when i use up all 100 spaces i know for a fact im going to have a couple of games i have beaten/platniumed/ WHAT EVER, and wouldnt mind taking them off my memory card and storing them on my pc or ps3 for safe keeping.

im pretty sure you just want to have everything on you all the time but come on... your really not going to play every **bleep** game you have on your vita in a single day... i have a good amount of games on my card too that need to be finished  but on my breaks or free time, i end up playing one or two a day.

so i dont see the big deal of running out of room... just switch off from time to time....

Message 40 of 80 (206 Views)
0 Likes