Aug 15 2014
By: Just--Tank SIEA 415 posts

Official Hohokum Boot-up Fix + Gift

13 replies 1951 views Edited Aug 15, 2014

Hohokum fans,

The release of Hohokum by the amazing talented developers of Honeyslug in partnership with our External Development Group here at Santa Monica Studio has been a day we should be celebrating with as much excitement as the world of Hohokum brings when you experience it. The response thus far has been heartwarming and incredible to say the least. Unfortunately, we encountered a release day issue that impacted some users.

We recently pushed a fix with the PSN Store to resolve the error code “CE-34632-8” that was impacting some users when attempting to boot the game up. This should now be fixed.

If you pre-ordered Hohokum, or are just now purchasing, you should be able to jump right in.

If you experienced the boot up application error issue, this is how to resolve so you can start playing Hohokum:

- On your PlayStation 4, go to Settings > PSN > Restore Licenses
- Click-thru "Restore Licenses"
- Once complete, you should be able to boot Hohokum up permanently with no issues

For our loyal community of Hohokum fans who were impacted by this issue, we humbly apologize for the duration you had to wait for this fix to be implemented. We are working on a gift to those impacted which will be sent directly to your PlayStation Message Inbox. We are solidifying this currently and will communicate right here once it has been deployed.

Thank you everyone for your patience. This was an unfortunate series of events and we appreciate your willingness to understand. Our studio and the team at Honeyslug hope you will now dive in to Hohokum. It is an experience like no other.

If you have any sustaining issues, please let us know here.

- Santa Monica Studio

Follow me @Just_Tank and @SonySantaMonica

Every day is community day!
Message 1 of 14 (1,951 Views)
Fender Bender
2921 posts

Re: Official Hohokum Boot-up Fix + Gift

Aug 15, 2014

what is the gift?

Message 2 of 14 (1,947 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 15, 2014
Since installing Hohokum, I have not been able to sync my trophies for this game (NP-32136-5) but can for others. Is this an issue related to the above problem? Thanks.
Message 3 of 14 (1,671 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 15, 2014

Thank you for the fix.  It came just in time to show the game to my family who came to visit.  Instead of playing this game by myself in an empty room, I ended up booting the game up and handing the controller to my 5 year old nephew.  By the time he got to the carnival level my whole family was sitting around watching him play and figuring out together what he should do.  It was great hearing my entire family laugh when unexpected interactions happened in the game and my nephew was delighted. The delay was a blessing in disguise for me.  Worth the wait. 

Message 4 of 14 (1,609 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Aug 15, 2014
I am having the exact same problem, except my trophies won't sync for any of my games.
Message 5 of 14 (1,567 Views)
0 Likes
SIEA
415 posts

Aug 15, 2014

We'll take a look at the trophy sync issue, doesn't seem to be Hohokum specific however based on the response here

Follow me @Just_Tank and @SonySantaMonica

Every day is community day!
Message 6 of 14 (1,552 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
891 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 15, 2014

Just--Tank wrote:

We'll take a look at the trophy sync issue, doesn't seem to be Hohokum specific however based on the response here

@Just_Tank as I'm sure you're well aware I received the game via code. I didn't buy it. Does that make me ineligible for the gift?  

Exophase Gamercard
Message 7 of 14 (1,547 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 15, 2014
please confirm whether a patch will be released to get hobokum's ce-34632-8 error code fixed or do we have to perform the license reset? i purchased the day it was released
Message 8 of 14 (1,292 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
141 posts

Aug 15, 2014
Hey guys. I tried the license reset multiple times and it hasn't worked. Tried reinstalling the game, didn't work, and I tried the license reset yet again on the reinstalled copy of the game and it still hasn't worked.
Message 9 of 14 (1,176 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
8032 posts

Aug 15, 2014
Good on you, Santa Monica...

If only EA did business like this...
Hey That Chris signature
Message 10 of 14 (689 Views)
0 Likes